April 25, 2014 | 1090 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have sensitive eyes (mine are REALLY sensitive) and/or want a cleanser without harsh actives, this gel cleanser is perfect. I rotate it with a more potent cleanser from Dermalogica. You can get the small size on the checkout line at Sephora and it is so portable--perfect for travel or gym bag. As I pare my skin care collection down to a manageable size, this definitely is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Peony4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is one of the highest quality! I love it so much that it prolongs my cleansing time. I put this all over my face for a minute and let the goodness sinks into my skin before I rinse this off.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

An AVERAGE cleanser with a watery consistency. I don like the smell and is too expensive for a cleanser. Not worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makes my skin so soft and clear, like no other cleansing gel. It performed beyond my expectations. Highly recommend!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as a sample, so I cannot comment on the packaging. It is my first product from Fresh ever. I have normal skin, but dry in the winter and a bit oily in the summer in the t-zone. My skin is not particularly sensitive, but in the winter it can get irritated.
The soy cleanser is supposed to remove impurities and makeup. I like to save time, so I really like the idea of not using a makeup remover! It is even meant to remove mascara. Also it does contain rosewater which works as a toner. It is basically three products in one!
I like that it is formulated without parabens, sulfates and phtalates. It's also good that it is fragrance-free and soap-free.

Just because it's fragrance-free does not mean it's not scented. The Soy Cleanser smells like cucumbers and "greens" (plants, salad, grass...). A fresh smell, but I'm not too happy about the "green" smell. It is a cloudy gel to be worked into the skin and rinsed off with water. It feels very gentle as my skin is not red or itchy afterwards, and it does not sting my eyes. It is a little hard to work with and to rinse off, and I do have residue from makeup afterwards. I still need makeup remover of some sort. But it does feel nice and fresh, and my skin looks calm and clean after cleansing.
My last cleanser was from Ren, which is also a natural brand. I used the Hydracalm cleanser which is suppose to be gentle too, but I would say this cleanser is more gentle among the two as it can be used on the eyes to remove makeup as well.
I would say the two of them are equally good, but if I had to choose I would choose Fresh Soy Cleanser as it feels a bit more luxurious.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by nickkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using and loving this cleanser for a year. You wouldn't think it'd be so difficult to find such a mild cleanser but it is! It leaves my dry/oily skin clean and non-irritated.

Packaging could use some work as the product tends to gunk around the opening. Also, it definitely doesn't wash off all your face makeup so wipes or a make up remover first is advised. Lastly, it's an expensive cleanser so I'll be looking for alternatives but i really do love this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lorenagmz15

This cleanser was recommended to me by a Sephora employee. I was hesitant at first but really love this! It has a nice clean scent and it's rich in amino acids and soy. Which is good for elasticity and firmness, also helps promote collagen so this would be great for aging skin. I love it because I have acne scars that it's helping to fade. I also remove my makeup with a facial wipe then cleanse with this and it does an awesome job. If you're going to remove your makeup with ONLY this, I would go over it twice just to make sure your face is clean. This has rosewater, which has toning properties so it doesn't require you to tone afterwards but sometimes I still do and have no problem with drying. All in all, I really love this stuff and would recommend it to anyone! Side note: there was some concerns about this product's rating on ewg but that rating was for the old formulation from 5 years ago! since then the formula has improved a lot, it's a great cleanser. And yes it has parabens but this needs it because of all the natural ingredients, otherwise it would quickly grow harmful bacteria and you definitely don't want that.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by JenniAdventure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin type: sensitive/prone to redness and dry. My routine: clarisonic twice daily, c booth tea tree toner, first aid beauty ultra repair cream. Worked the soy cleanser in with my routine and noticed that by the afternoon, my face is extremely oily. The only part of my routine that has changed is the cleanser so I believe that it has turned my normally dry skin into an oil field. I love the smell and that a little goes a long way, but that is not enough for me to spend the money on this cleanser. Still looking for HG cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by bulbagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells lovely, doesn't strip my skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth and feels balanced. No added fragrance or parabens. However it does only an OK job at removing my bare Minerals and waaay too pricey for the job.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by bluestarjcf

I got a sample of this product when I was at Sephora because I wanted to try higher end makeup removers. I wanted to get into a better skin care routine and this seemed like a great product based on the reviews on MUA. I thought the sample was amazing and absolutely loved the way that it cleaned my skin and took off my makeup. I decided to buy the bigger size version as it was a better value for money. I have been using it for a couple of months and I feel like the actual product in the tube wasn't as good as the sample that I got from Sephora. It doesn't do that great a job of taking of my foundation and I have to cleanse my skin at least twice. Even after that I take a makeup towelette to get off any residue and it still picks up remnants of foundation which is not acceptable for a product with this price tag. It is terrible at removing eye makeup and I have to use an eye makeup remover even though this is meant to be able to remove all makeup. This was definitely a regret for me and don't recommend it to anyone as a makeup remover.