Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 4/21/2015 3:39:00 PM

This is one of the few cleansers I've found that is gentle enough to not dry my skin out in the winter. And as a bonus, it removes my makeup, even my eye makeup, as well.

on 4/19/2015 8:10:00 AM

I use this with my clarisonic after I remove my makeup. It foams with my clarisonic although not crazily a lot. I like it cos it doesnt dry out my skin and my skin condition improved. Really like this product a lot!

on 4/9/2015 8:05:00 PM

I used to love this to take off makeup, even eye makeup, in the shower. The consistency of the cleanser is only OK, and, though it didn't at first, it hurts my eyes if I try to use this to remove eye makeup. I will finish the tube that I have, but probably not repurchase.

on 4/8/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I received a deluxe sample of this long ago from sephora. It removed my makeup nicely, had a mild scent and didn't irritate my skin. It was good until the looked up the price. IMO the product was just average for the price point. So I never purchased.

on 4/8/2015 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm an oil and cetaphil girl myself, but take a small tube of this when traveling to save space and because it does a great job of removing make up and cleansing in one step. It doesn't foam up but instead is soft and emollient. My favourite part is the texture, which I'm inclined to describe as mucousy even though it doesn't sound appealing at all! It's viscous, smooth and runny all at the same time so spreads easily, feeling very luxurious to massage in for a minute. It does takes a few rinses to remove completely but not so stubborn that it needs a wash cloth. Leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight. It's gentle and effective.

on 4/7/2015 4:03:00 PM

My skin had always been dry and sensitive and gets oily extremely easily. I bought this in a set recommended to me at Sephora. First of all, my skin would not feel clean, washed, but not clean. I also noticed that whenever i use this cleanser, my skin would feel more oilier than usual. And here's the awful part, every time i use it, my face (especially the cheeks) will get red with bumps. Everything that came in the set, eye cream and moisturizer all does this too! (i used them individual and together, same result). It stays there too! I used it about five time, in different ways just to fully experience the products. Now my cheeks are always red (no need for blush now :P ). It was not worth the price, small and very liquidy. So many better cleanser's out there.

on 4/3/2015 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this cleanser as there were so many great reviews on Sephora. This didn't do anything for me. There's hardly any foam to it (my preference) and my skin did not feel clean after using this. I also felt that it didn't work so well with my Clarisonic as the consistency of the product is thin and runny and non-foamy(I like foam.)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like the smell of this cleanser. I do think it does clean fairly well and doesn't strip my skin of moisture. But I do think it's expensive for a fairly average cleanser.

on 3/8/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

****For the price range, 1 lippie means a bad price, and 5 lippies means a great price.

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)

Overview: Is an extra-gentle gel cleanser for all skin that cleanses your skin as well as removing makeup. People saw more supple, smooth, softened, balanced, healthy-looking skin.

Packaging: Comes in a squeeze tube.

Scent: Freshly cut cucumbers. Not the artificial cucumber scent, but ACTUAL freshly cut cucumbers. Very fresh, light and pleasant.

Texture: Comes out as a cloudy gel.

On Skin: When you rub it on, it does not feel like a gel, it turns into a liquidy, almost water like feeling to the skin. It is really refreshing. It lathers a tiny bit. After washing it off, I did see that my skin looked more radiant (an effect that lasts for a short amount of time) and it didn't strip my skin and make it dry.

Cleansing power: Honestly, it doesn't feel like its cleaning your skin very well. It doesn't remove makeup at all. I use this in the morning when all I need is a gentle cleanse to remove any oil or skincare residue left from when I was sleeping. It does a wonderful job at that.

Additional: It is really super, extra gentle. It doesn't sting, or make my skin red. It is really refreshing in the morning, so use it then, because it doesn't have enough cleansing power to remove the day's makeup and oils. It is really expensive, so get the 50 mL size that comes with a small Sugar lip balm during Christmas, because it is expensive. Don't worry though, it lasts quite a long time (you only need two pea sized drops and its only useful in the mornings).

Thanks for reading this review!

on 3/3/2015 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like to switch up facial cleansers, but my go to is usually Cetaphil. However, as I have gotten older, I have noticed that Cetaphil makes my skin tight and dry and red after use. I tried Fresh Soy Cleanser (paired with the Fresh Lotus Moisturizer). I like that it is not super foamy and in that way, similar to Cetaphil. It doesn't remove mascara very well, however, if you cleanse your face properly and massage the wash into the skin sufficiently, it gets the face make-up off without leaving you with a red, splotchy face. THIS IS GREAT! My skin looks clean, healthy, and bright after using this face wash. I am not sure if it is helping my beakouts or acne scars at all, but it isn't making them worse. (I have mild, hormonal breakouts from time to time) It smells like cucumbers which is okay, but the moisturizer smells better IMO. Not sure if I will repurchase when I run out. I love the moisturizer!