October 21, 2014 | 1779 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure Sensuelle

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was torn between buying this or Coco Noir but I'm so pleased I choose this. I've had Allure before which I like but this has an extra edge. Its definitely Sensuelle, I feel great when wearing this and can't stop smelling myself.
It has great sillage & longevity on me, I find if I spray sparingly and wait for the dry down its a great perfume to wear and I always receive compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this perfume from my mom after it didn't work on her. I tried it several times and it smelled....off. It never smelled "right" on me so I gave it to my friend to see if she'd like it after warning her that it didn't work on me. A few days later we met up & she smelled so darn good I asked her what she was wearing. Imagine my disbelief when she told me it was the Chanel I gave her! She smelled really good, she said she got tons of compliments on it & she adored it! That's why I'm giving this 4 stars. I'm taking out 1 star because it didn't work on me & I'm still a little bitter ��

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It has a similarity to my current favourite perfume Pomegrante Noir, in the sense that its a bold and confident fragrance, but it won't be as polarizing as Pomegrante Noir.

Sexy, feminine and heady scent, perhaps more suited to evening than day time

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

I've said it before but as a guy, women's fragrances are somewhat untouched territory. I don't like wearing overly florally, or overly sweet fragrances, nor do I respond well to the extreme musk or aldehydic fragrances like Lanvin Arpege. That being said, I really enjoy this fragrance. It reminded me of my absolute favourite women's fragrance, YSL Belle D'Opium, but was more woody and aromatic as opposed to floral like the YSL (something that I cannot wear). It seems to balance its spicy and woodiness against a nice amount of floral and balmy notes. It has a wonderful base of vanilla and sandalwood (woody), mid notes of pink pepper and iris (spicy), with beautiful top notes of patchouli and bergamot (floral). It lasts ages on the skin and imparts a really nice scent, one that isn't too intense but grows as the day goes on. On my skin it turns more woody and spicy which I love, and its part of the reason why I can wear this fragrance as a guy. It never feels like i'm wearing a womens fragrance, nor do I care, but sometimes you can tell when a guy is wearing Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb or Thierry Mugler's Angel, but with this fragrance you can't. It seems like all Chanel fragrances tend to suit me, both male and female ones, and in a lot of ways the way they are curated almost blurs the line between what is typically a "mens" or a "womens" fragrance. A great fragrance, and one that I will continue to wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLucy

This perfume is definitely a head turner. Friends laugh about the impact of this perfume Especially amongst males. It's a very stong and sexy fragrance not really for the daytime - I'm a chanel chance girl in the day

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by vitaminas2u

Coco and Allure Sensuelle are my favs from Chanel. They are both very unique. Allure Sensuelle inspires warmth, coziness..pleasant smell. Later edit: the smell does not last (i have the edp) as much as coco or allure classic does..would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I smelt this on some family members and really liked it- I decided to add it to my collection of fragrances, it differs from my usual Gucci Envy, Vera Wang Lovestruck, Ralph Lauren Romance (floral/fruity) scents- It did not work on me- it was far too peppery for my liking - made me sneeze and get serious headaches- the scent lasts long so good quality in that sense- I couldnt wait to wash it off- Really disliked it on me. Dirty pepper note for me- I think that it is an evening/mature scent maybe?!!! I prefer the Chanel No.5 (still not my fav somewhat soapy) or the Chance by Chanel.

If you are someone who likes sweeter scents then I would stay away from the Allure S.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At the beginning I really liked it, but now I find it a little bit too overwhelming and nauseating. It's not overly complex and it's a perfume many women wear, especially when they go out (theatre, tango classes, ... ). It's easily recognizable but I prefer my perfume to be rare. You neither want anybody to wear the same dress nor the same perfume to the party.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

As with some other perfumes I love, this comes off a bit masculine at first. The amber, vetiver, vanilla and lavender are the strongest base notes and can be a bit reminiscent of men's cologne for the first hour or so. The floral middle notes and the citrus top notes start to rise after a while and turns this into a beautiful, and excuse the pun, sensual fragrance. It is probably always a bit androgynous, which I think is very sexy. It's a deep, dark, earthy type of sexy, not light and airy like a lot of people like these days. It also has great staying power, and the fade on this is lovely. Only down side is this is really more of a fall and winter scent, sadly I don't wear it between march and october.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Morahmakeupblog

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel Allure Sensuelle has been my number one favorite for several years now, nothing else captures the old world glamor quite as well. The floral, spicy and woody notes comes together harmoniously for a scent that is warm, sexy and elegant all at once. The blend is characteristically Chanel, it showcases classic glamor at its finest!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No