March 2, 2015 | 1154 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure Sensuelle

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2015 10:13:00 AM More reviews by onlyonelotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

elegant... exclusive... & sexy !!! love it so much!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2015 7:05:00 PM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful fragrance--sweet and sexy, and a bit no-nonsense, with that dominant patchouli making itself known.

This opens with a bright burst of bergamot and pink pepper on me. I don't normally enjoy pink pepper, but the bergamot is bright and fresh and citrusy, so the pepper takes a backseat. Underscoring the top notes right away is the candied fruit accord. It is sweet and fun, and a tad soapy (to be honest), but I don't mind it. I *can* see how this could be cloying if too much is sprayed though, this is definitely a scent that requires a lighter hand.

The drydown just gets better---a creamy, powdery, spicy blend of patchouli, vetiver, amber, rose, and spices that is both sexy and comfortable. This is Coco Chanel in jeans and a T shirt, wearing her best pearls. The girl-next-door that will totally rock your world. Classy, sexy, and intriguing. So very glad I managed to hunt down a bottle of this!
Sillage is moderate, longevity on me (the scent eater) is 8.5 hours before it's a very close-to-the-skin scent.
(crosspost)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was torn between buying this or Coco Noir but I'm so pleased I choose this. I've had Allure before which I like but this has an extra edge. Its definitely Sensuelle, I feel great when wearing this and can't stop smelling myself.
It has great sillage & longevity on me, I find if I spray sparingly and wait for the dry down its a great perfume to wear and I always receive compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this perfume from my mom after it didn't work on her. I tried it several times and it smelled....off. It never smelled "right" on me so I gave it to my friend to see if she'd like it after warning her that it didn't work on me. A few days later we met up & she smelled so darn good I asked her what she was wearing. Imagine my disbelief when she told me it was the Chanel I gave her! She smelled really good, she said she got tons of compliments on it & she adored it! That's why I'm giving this 4 stars. I'm taking out 1 star because it didn't work on me & I'm still a little bitter ��

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by gizmondo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It has a similarity to my current favourite perfume Pomegrante Noir, in the sense that its a bold and confident fragrance, but it won't be as polarizing as Pomegrante Noir.

Sexy, feminine and heady scent, perhaps more suited to evening than day time

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by pauvres

I've said it before but as a guy, women's fragrances are somewhat untouched territory. I don't like wearing overly florally, or overly sweet fragrances, nor do I respond well to the extreme musk or aldehydic fragrances like Lanvin Arpege. That being said, I really enjoy this fragrance. It reminded me of my absolute favourite women's fragrance, YSL Belle D'Opium, but was more woody and aromatic as opposed to floral like the YSL (something that I cannot wear). It seems to balance its spicy and woodiness against a nice amount of floral and balmy notes. It has a wonderful base of vanilla and sandalwood (woody), mid notes of pink pepper and iris (spicy), with beautiful top notes of patchouli and bergamot (floral). It lasts ages on the skin and imparts a really nice scent, one that isn't too intense but grows as the day goes on. On my skin it turns more woody and spicy which I love, and its part of the reason why I can wear this fragrance as a guy. It never feels like i'm wearing a womens fragrance, nor do I care, but sometimes you can tell when a guy is wearing Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb or Thierry Mugler's Angel, but with this fragrance you can't. It seems like all Chanel fragrances tend to suit me, both male and female ones, and in a lot of ways the way they are curated almost blurs the line between what is typically a "mens" or a "womens" fragrance. A great fragrance, and one that I will continue to wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by LovelyLucy

This perfume is definitely a head turner. Friends laugh about the impact of this perfume Especially amongst males. It's a very stong and sexy fragrance not really for the daytime - I'm a chanel chance girl in the day

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by vitaminas2u

Coco and Allure Sensuelle are my favs from Chanel. They are both very unique. Allure Sensuelle inspires warmth, coziness..pleasant smell. Later edit: the smell does not last (i have the edp) as much as coco or allure classic does..would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I smelt this on some family members and really liked it- I decided to add it to my collection of fragrances, it differs from my usual Gucci Envy, Vera Wang Lovestruck, Ralph Lauren Romance (floral/fruity) scents- It did not work on me- it was far too peppery for my liking - made me sneeze and get serious headaches- the scent lasts long so good quality in that sense- I couldnt wait to wash it off- Really disliked it on me. Dirty pepper note for me- I think that it is an evening/mature scent maybe?!!! I prefer the Chanel No.5 (still not my fav somewhat soapy) or the Chance by Chanel.

If you are someone who likes sweeter scents then I would stay away from the Allure S.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At the beginning I really liked it, but now I find it a little bit too overwhelming and nauseating. It's not overly complex and it's a perfume many women wear, especially when they go out (theatre, tango classes, ... ). It's easily recognizable but I prefer my perfume to be rare. You neither want anybody to wear the same dress nor the same perfume to the party.