December 22, 2014 | 1692 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Ecimchan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ran out of cleaner so bought this from a drugstore close to my house. Price is ok. It's really drying if you have sensitive skin like me. In terms of dryness, think of dish washing liquid with a better smell and this is it.

After using it for 3-4 days (i wash my face twice a day -morning and nite) i started developing dry patches around my left cheek and around my lips.

I usually use Eucerin cleansing gel. it's much better i will be going back to that.

Pros:
Ok if u have nothing else to wash your face with.

Cons:
If you have sensitive skin like me... definitely too drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and when I bought this cleanser, I was on the lookout for an anti-aging cleanser with blemish control because I was still breaking out occasionally but wanted to fight aging as well. So I went online and after reading some reviews, decided that I would try this cleanser for my skin. Well, the cleansing part of it is alright, really no complaints. But, as far as it being a blemish controlling cleanser, I didn't see much of that. I used it for weeks and it didn't really change my break outs at all. Since then I started using the proactiv cleansing bar on my face and I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A couple of years ago this was the closest quality BHA I could find In my area.
The pH and percentage of the BHA are not in the right amount to work. The BHA would not be able to stay on long enough to make a difference before being washed down the drain and the detergents should not stay on your skin too long anyway. It is also creamy wich might not be good for someone with acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

This product made me break out worse and is very harsh on my skin...you can even smell the chemicals in it.. not fun!! :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by kxt2771

Apparently some products works for others and some just...don't. This product is gonna have to fall into the "don't " category for me. It didn't really fight breakouts as much as I thought it would.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by BlessedBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this product would help with my acne but this product caused me to break out with HUGE cystic acne all over my chin and forehead and I never break out on my forehead. When using this cleanser you definitely have to use a makeup remover before using this cleanser. I had to wash my face multiple times just to remove my foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE** After trying this over and over I realized it DOES break me out. Wow totally stinks. Bummer. I used it for a long time and didn't realize it was this until recently. Though I also learned that I break out no matter what so....Guess it just didn't help as much as I thought it did or it stopped being as effective. Original review below.

UPDATE: I thought this was discontinued, but I'm seeing it again. But it's the same as Olay Age Defying Classic Cleanser. I just realized. EXACT same ingredient list. The amounts may be a little different as the Age Defy cleanser is a bit thinner and has less beads. Both are creamy and not greasy. Honestly I find it to be one of the few things that is a good balance for me, but using the Age Defy one now (for AM only), to see if it's a little better. (It wasn't)

I picked this up because of YOU, Ladies!!! AND THANK YOU!!!!!! I had some breakouts, found out I was reacting to Niacinamide, stopped using products that contained it and picked up a few new things.

I had to go without this for a few days and I realized my skin was worse. Once I started up again it seemed better. I also like that it makes my skin feel soft and I do feel it helps with fine lines. I had a bad taste about salicylic acid because of all the harsh products I had used before but this is gentler. I feel the SA helps heal me quicker, though I do worry if I'm over doing it and getting breakouts from it?? It's so hard to tell, but if it's not this, then this is fantastic and I love it. Will update when I find out.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Snowblow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is for the Olay blemish control cleanser with salacylic acid. I'm assuming this was the old version of the cleanser and Olay had improved it. LADIES: you need to try this. I do not have the worst skin, but it is to the point where I was trying new products and only irritating my skin, which created new acne and scarring. I bought this with very low expections OHMYGOSH it is amazing. Just 3 days after using, my under the skin pimples are GONE. my skin is softer and definitely improving. the cream in the formula is gentle and non drying. my skin loves this and if you are on the last straw with your pimples you should pick this up. i really recommend purchasing this with the Olay thermal mini peel. using those together will help your skin, not irritate. the mini peel is expensive but worth it. good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by BCP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff, since I've started using it I haven't only gotten 2 blemishes since, and for me? that's a huge improvement. whenever I am using this, and I can feel a cystic pimple under my skin I can almost guarentee within 2 days it'll be diminished and not even come to the surface, and it dries out whiteheads and brings them to a head so much quicker.
the only problem for me is that it doesn't really help with acne scars, or does so very slowly.
but overall I love this and I will continue to repurchase, even though I am 19

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kvaldes2

I was having a major breakout when I bought this product. I can say that it has done it's job so far, my breakout is fading day by day. It doesn't overdry my face, so of course the breakout didn't dry up overnight because that would have been an awful, flaky nightmare. I was skeptical at first because it doesn't foam up and it feels kind of slimy and gritty at the same time. BUT it takes off all my makeup, even waterproof mascara and leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight. I love it, end of story :)