December 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used N1 Ivory and its a decent match for my NC15-20 skin (I'm more neutral in tone than warm/cool). I like the finish, it's not flat. So far it hasn't broken me out like most mineral mu does. The formula doesn't contain the LL ingredient anymore so those that liked this but couldn't use it because of that can give it another try. The coverage is ok, better than the jojoba foundation.
I need to keep trying this just incase though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by dtrautz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this really hoping that it would help cover my acne and acne scarring. (Notice I said HELP cover it, not fully cover because that's what concealer is for) I tried this with different kinds of primers, without primer, with a lot of moisturizer, with a little bit of moisturizer, no moisturizer, etc. The coverage is awful. One layer does nothing, it doesn't even out your skin tone or hide any redness. So I layered on a few light layers. It probably took about 5 (yes, 5) layers to actually get some kind of coverage. It didn't fully cover my redness (I used the mint color corrector for it which actually turned my face a green tint), it didn't cover my acne or scarring at all. I used the multi-tasking concealer under and cover the base to see if that helped with coverage, nope.

I'm so frustrated that I've put out a good $100 on 2 bases (summer and winter shades), mint color corrector, multi-tasking concealer, the flat top brush, blush, eyeshadows, and eyeliner. The only good things this company carries are the eyeshadows and eyeliner, even though they do have a lot of fall out.

I tried Everyday Minerals because of the price (compared to Bare Minerals, it's a lot cheaper) and because mineral foundation is better for your skin. I guess I'm going to have to try Bare Minerals and pray for the best. I'm so disappointed, I wanted to like this base especially since they're based out of Texas and are animal-cruelty free.

Please ladies, do not buy. It's not the same formula as the "good" reviews you see online.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by fihe

Unfortunately, this formula is no good for my oily skin. When I use a more matte mineral foundation, my skin will get a little shiny after wearing it for 5-6 hours. However, it will generally look decent as long as I blot my face. This formula, in contrast, makes my skin super shiny by the time I usually blot, and it also seems to almost entirely fade off by then too! If it does this to my skin during the winter, then I definitely can't wear it during the summer. How sad.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by indilay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used EDM since I believe 2008. So at least 5 years! Wow! It has been with me through my wedding, my honeymoon, came with me to the hospital when I gave birth. I was seriously in love with this makeup! It had became a part of my everyday life and worked better than anything else I have tried. I got all their brushes, their blushes, some of the eyeshadows. I've tried almost every shade (I finally settled on Linen in Semi-Matte after realized Fairly Light Neutral was too grey looking on me). I told everyone about it and ordered my mom and sister samples!

Well, very recently, I'd say over the past two months. I have started breaking out like crazy. I changed my skin care products, I've started taking supplements, started exercising more and drinking more water, I have removed gluten and dairy from my diet. I still kept getting really bad acne. I never thought it'd be my precious EDM. So, I googled it and found that some people were breaking out because of the lauroyl lysine. There's conflicting information. Yes, it's comedogenic. No, it's not. Well, I noticed it's derived from coconut oil and coconut oil on my skin breaks me out like CRAZY (I tried to use it as a moisturizer once to help treat my acne scars - no dice, works great on stretch marks though).

So, I went without makeup for a day despite the fact my skin looked terrible...red spots everywhere, some under the skin cysts, healing scabs (don't worry, it was my day off)! And what do ya know!? My skin was healing. No new pimples that day! Which seriously had become the norm. One would heal and a new one would crop up. Every. Day.

So I've been on the hunt for new makeup and what an ordeal that has been. First I tried Clinique Even Better LIQUID foundation. Yuck. After 5+ years of wearing mineral makeup, I can not stand liquid. Then, I tried Aveda Dual Foundation pressed mineral powder or whatever it's called....that aggravated my skin and made it worse! Plus, it looked terrible. It's sooooo matte. So, I went back to EDM while I investigated and my skin got even worse. I've scoured all the sites I could for makeup reviews and felt lost. So many conflicting reviews. Went a different route and tried Juice Beauty tinted moisturizer. Greasy as hell. I needed to cover up my blemishes somehow, so I went back to EDM and my skin broke out again.

I'm really sad to have to switch from this makeup. EDM WAS the best. I'm going to keep my eye out and hopefully *fingers crossed* they remove this ingredient so I can switch back.

*******************************
FYI: The jojoba base and IT base do not contain lauroyl lysiene. However, none of the jojoba base shades match my skin. They are either too dark or too pink. The IT bases do not look good on my skin. You have to layer on a lot and it gets cakey. I tried to use those bases for a month or so and though my skin cleared up a little, it constantly felt like it was melting off and getting stuck in my pores. I've switched to Alima. I tried it in the past and hated it, but now that my skin has cleared up and red spots have faded it works great. You HAVE to use a great moisturizer though that has a little tackiness to it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Nikovaa

Only reason I will give it 3 lippies is because I have combination skin and acne-prone skin I don't need a semi-matte foundation I need a matte foundation. Something that will keep my skin shine free throughout my 8 hours of work. I had bought it just to try if I would like the matte or semi-matte better. Just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Anne184

I have hormonal acne, dry patches from using retin-a, freckles and old acne red spots. This is the only mineral foundation that I have found that does not break me out, make my face itch or settle into fine lines making me look older. I have been using this daily for 3 months. Since this is a mineral powder, it will not hide all of your imperfections. However it does blur imperfections, hides redness, and has a nice matte finish. Surprisingly, the staying power lasts most of the day. If you have dry patches like I do, exfoliating and moisturizing before application is a must before using this. To make the staying power last longer, I use a fine mist rosewater spray to set the foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by kookoo4mike

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

BEWARE. The 2nd ingredient in this product is LAUROYL LYSINE. It clogs pores and cause cysts. (derived from coconut oil)

I don't know why this company changed their formulation across the board. They had great products before. Even with reviews complaining of this ingredient, i still gave it a try hoping i would be immune. But i was not. Immediately after applying, that evening after washing WITH my clarisonic, i saw small whiteheads everywhere! In a couple of days, i developed 3 cysts. (it's been YEARS since i've had cysts) Horrible. Such a shame, they had pretty good colors.

Please bring back the OLD formulation!!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

Semi-Matte Base in Winged Butter

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

All previous mineral make ups I've tried have left me looking old & dusty. But I figured that things improve as time goes by & I wanted to try it again as it's so much better for allowing your skin to breathe & be healthy. Good old Goss make up artist got me on to this.. actually he recommended the jojoba formula but I don't think it comes in my shade. Knowing this has a propensity to make me look like a dusty old relic, I applied Face of Australia's tinted moisturiser in medium first, then applied the mineral foundation in Winged Butter. The coverage was not full enough & it did leave me looking a bit dusty. Since then I've been using a tiny amount of Kevyn Aucoin SX08 buffed into my face all over with Winged Butter on top & it's the perfect combo. Full coverage, not cakey, great colour match & longevity. Love! There's not much product in the container, I think it only took me a couple of months to finish & I believe I was using it conservatively. Still searching for a mineral HG, but I will re-purchase because it's an excellent setting powder with the added benefit of providing extra coverage.

ETA: This gets 3 lippies for being an average mineral foundation which leaves me with a slightly dry finish, but it gets 5 for being bloody fab as a setting powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by obrienm5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought I'd jump on the mineral makeup bandwagon since I've never tried any brand of it before. I read several positive reviews of Everyday Minerals and found that I could order seven samples for around $3 (shipping). This is helpful considering there are many shades and there's really no way to tell what shade you are without trying their samples. The samples are very generous, too! They arrived in about three days, which is very fast in my opinion. I tried the matte, semi-matte, it, and jojoba bases. I found the best match in fair semi-matte foundation. It applies like a dream. It's creamy and I find that it gives very good coverage with two thin layers. It looks so beautiful when first applied. It has such a lovely glow and looks like real, flawless skin. However, after about two hours of wear, it starts to get oily, I think. I'm not really sure because I don't have oily skin and I've never had problems with my foundation fading because of oil. I'm confused with this aspect of the foundation. It kind of starts to cake up, especially on my nose and the side of my nose. Not a good look. I also believe that this is making me break out. I had no active blemishes and then I wore this for two days and now I have four new blemishes. This is the only thing I changed in my routine so I suspect this may be the culprit. I don't think it's a bad product, it's just not for me. It's worth a shot, considering the samples are dirt cheap and there's a nice color selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Prissbella

I love this foundation... I took a chance on it because it went on sale for a fabulous price. To my surprise I really love it. The finish is great reminds me of laura mercier foundation where you think it might sparkle but it doesn't. It covers well and doesn't break me out. Super nice surprise find in this one.