Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 9/16/2015 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So i got this product when ulta had their 21 days of beauty for half the price. Originally its $21 and i got it for $10 , having said that i will definitely repurchase this product full price . My lashes are average length , in one eye i have a tiny gap but this mascara managed to work with it and still have it look great ! It doesnt clump and is still volumizing. It holds a curl well and i even wore it to the gym without it flaking !

on 9/12/2015 11:46:00 AM

I have straight lashes, this doesn't weigh down my lash curl that much after applying the mascara. I always have to recurl my lashes when the mascara dries a bit. This mascara is great for lengthening.

on 9/10/2015 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really love this mascara! L'oreal Telescopic is my all time favorite, but this is a very close second. I originally rec'd this mascara as a sample w/ my Tarte eyelash curler. I fell in love! It thickens, lengthens, separates, and curls your lashes sooo good. Coupled with Tarte's curler, your lashes will look fake! My only con is it is a bit dry. I tend to like a more wet formula, but overall this product is excellent. Way better than Benefit They're Real.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have repurchased this mascara multiple times because it is the best natural (paraben-free, doesn't test on animals) mascara I have found.
I love that you can buy a mini size, which, although I use it every day, lasts me the three months they say is the maximum one should use a mascara before throwing it out.
It volumizes and lengthens, and doesn't smear the way other mascaras do, leaving me with raccoon eyes.
The brush is also nice--short because it's mini, but full of lots of bristles, to get all the little lashes.

on 8/9/2015 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is a fairly decent macara. I love the packaging. The price is good for the amount of product you get. Its good but it doesn't give me a wow factor like other mascaras I've tried in the past. The plus side is that you get a ton of product, it doesn't irritate my eyes, and it doesn't have an offensive or chemical smell. This is not one of my favs but it not a bad product. This is not a product I run run out and buy.

on 8/8/2015 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

(for reference I have very long eyelashes)

Holy clumps. First use, was just solid clumpy mess of eyelashes. This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried.

There seems to be a sort of cult following on this brand. I don't get it - too many of their products don't perform well, and are overpriced.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The mini (0.13oz) is my favorite mascara. The brush is great at separating my lashes while applying the mascara evenly. It's a nice and dark black color with no fading or graying. It only takes 1 or 2 coats to make my lashes look great. The small size is great for travel. 5 stars for the product, easily.

The full size, however, I didn't like as much. I'm not sure what makes it different, but it was more difficult to work with. It seemed wetter, making my lashes stick together in clumps and smudging before it dried. It nearly turned me off from the brand and it wasn't until I got a sample size that I gave it another go. Since I liked the sample and mini, I tried second full sized tube and ran into the same issues. I'd rate the full size at 1 or 2 stars.

As for outer packaging, I hate it. The purple color is nice, but I hate the shape and the inability to stand it on its end. I just find it unattractive and bulky. I cut it off of one tube, but it was too much of a pain to remove and left me with a sticky tube.

on 7/31/2015 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really getting into brands that don't test on animals, and I'm currently working my way through a sample tube of this that I got in my Sephora Lash Stash as a gift. I got a full-sized backup of this, and I really enjoy this mascara.

I love the packaging of the sample tube, but I don't really enjoy the packaging on the full-size mascara. If you don't mind a bulkier packaging, then it doesn't really matter.

The brush is wonderful. I love that it's a traditional brush, and how its full but slender at the same time and the shape of it is great for getting into the inner and outer corners of my eye. This is my favourite mascara brush of all time. The formula is dry, which I enjoy because it doesn't get all over my lids easily when I apply it. It works well to separate and lengthen my lashes without clumping, and it looks natural even after two coats.

It doesn't add the volume I'm after, so I top it with a volumizing waterproof mascara to keep it from smudging (my oily eyelids make everything smudge unless its waterproof.)

All in all, a pretty good mascara and definitely worth the hype. If I don't find a better mascara (that boasts natural ingredients and is cruelty-free) by the time I run through my backup tube, I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Best I have tried in a long time...most other mascaras flake off. This one does not.

Dries way to easily for the price.. Very disappointed