October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara was included in a Tarte collection purchased from QVC. I've heard many great things about the line and I'm all for the natural alternative to beauty products. Every single product in that collection was absolutely a dream to use. Now back to the mascara, many people on Youtube raved about it so I was excited to have my hands on it. It is definitely a wet and thick consistency which is great for separating and thickening the lashes. Two coats of it was plenty to give me lush and long lashes. I enjoyed it even more when the mascara dried a bit because I felt I had more control to get every lash and it would not take as long to apply the second coat. I did not experience and fallout onto the crease or the outer corner of my bottom lash line like I've seen in the past. The wand features short bristles in between the longer ones and at the end of the wand which is great for the inner, outer corners and bottom lashes. The mascara is a pain to remove makeup wipes and a little elbow grease can take care of that. I'm in love with the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon black mascara but if all else fails, I would go back to this in a heartbeat.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by neonsparks101

I found this mascara to have a VERY WET formula. I really liked how this mascara shaped your lashes. It is a little hard to remove. I don't find it to be an amazing mascara. I recently just bought the Maybelline colossal volume express mascara and couldn't even compare them. If your looking for an amazing mascara but the Maybelline colossal volume express mascara. Overall, this is an okay mascara but I wouldn't buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by nasus12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It's the best that I have ever used. It is a little harder to remove but I just use the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes and it comes off fine. This is the next best thing to false lashes, Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MrsWesticles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this mascara - I bought the mini size from the sephora 'temptation bins' by the cashiers and it has lasted quite well so far. I have fine, sparse lashes and it lengthens and separates them with a nice finish - true black and a bit shiny. It doesn't volumise as much as expected, but that's actually really good for me - I find volumiser on my sparse lashes can look clumpy and a bit weird!

The only thing that let's it down is the packaging - quite boring plastic tube, you would expect something a bit more special for the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by bellamoma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this as a sample with an eyelash curler. At first I loved it. Made my lashes look great and I was shocked that it didn't irritate my eyes. Fast forward a few uses. It does irritate my eyes, but I wouldn't penalize the product for that since I'm allergic to everything. Lippies down for major flaking after just a couple of hours of wear. I thought I was looking great with my lovely lashes and when I did a quick check in the mirror, seriously half the mascara was flaked off under my eyes. Awful. I am happy to pay more for a quality product- this mascara was no bueno for me, and at that price point, it shouldn't flake!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by cmmontes

I've loved every Tarte product I've tried (addicted to Maracuja Creaseless Concealer), so I was so excited when Ulta had Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes on sale for $10!!
I've only been using for a few days, but so far I am not a fan. Does an alright job lengthening my lashes, but doesn't do much for thickening (even tried adding more layers -- but it began to clump). Not bad for $10, but not worth the regular price of $20. For a few more dollars Too Faced, Better than Sex Mascara is def a better bet.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked this mascara because it didnt clump and it didnt smudge. the microfiber wand is like a mini comb and separates your lashes nicely. I thought this product dried up fast tho

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I'm not too sure how I feel about this mascara. It's really nice in a sense that it doesn't flake or smudge during the day and it separates my lashes well. But, it's very basic. It doesn't give an insane amount of volume or length, which is fine because I use this along with a couple other mascaras. By itself, it doesn't give me my desired eyelashes. That being said, I do like that this doesn't irritate my eyes, it's difficult for me to find a mascara that doesn't make my eyes watery halfway through the day. I am giving this a 4 just because it's OKAY but not AMAZING. Not HG for me at all but I can see why it would be a good mascara for most people. I just think that there are other mascaras that do more for me than this one but for a fraction of the price. I go through mascara so quickly that buying HE mascaras is a waste typically.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by fecktopia

Pros: *Gorgeous, dark black colour gives the illusion of full, vampy lashes *good volume on only one coat *quirky packaging Cons: *so hard to remove, even with an oil based remover and double cleanse with washcloths there are still traces. *yet it still manages to smudge. *not highly recommended for curl or length. It's ok but it's not my go to for either day wear or dramatic, and it really only gets sympathy use so won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Aminsat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

On first application, I was really happy with this mascara. It provided great length, just the right amount of volume for every day drama and nicely separated lashes. Really lush, full pretty lashes. I was happily using it for 3 days until I noticed its stubborn removal was actually causes my lashes to fall out! I've never had this experience with any other mascara, nevertheless one that costs $25 CAD :(

Luckily, Vaseline seems to be helping with regrowth. It's just too bad. This will hopefully be a word of caution to future users.