January 26, 2015 | 1579 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2015 1:04:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually don't bother with pricey, high end mascaras because there are so many drugstore brands that work much better at a fraction of the cost. Plus as I have mentioned in my other 20,000 mascara reviews (ok I jest!), I toss/replace my mascaras every 4-5 weeks because I am a germaphobe. But when I got a travel size of this product I was amazed at its formulation and payoff - so much in fact that I immediately ran to Ulta and grabbed the full size.

This is a wonderful product - I was surprised at how impressed I was by this stuff. You will notice right away with the first coat the crazy amount of lengthening this product gives - keep in mind I am 1 yr in to using Latesse so my lashes are already crazy long, so I knew this stuff was amazing! It also curled my lashes quite a bit which was surprising. Matter of fact to be sure I wasn't just imagining things I skipped manual curling one day and tried it, noticing it was not just my imagination. It is also gives great volume - not as much as I get with L'Oreal Voluminous BUT this doesn't clump like LV does. Two coats of this gives major drama! And you can even do another coat if your a major glam gal. This is the only formulation I have ever tried in which sticks to its promise of never clumping - it really doesn't and you will get no spider lashes here!

The only down side to this product is that its not the cheapest ($20.00). However, it is totally worth the price. The other issue I have is just my own OCD-ish quirk, which is with the packaging; while really pretty, its kind of bulky. Neither of these are deterrents because of how great this product is.

I HIGHLY recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 1:03:00 AM More reviews by TwinklePrincessBoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a really good, high quality mascara. I like the formula and the application. It's everything you need in a mascara, it doesn't clump or smudge, it's not drying or irritating. It gives you nice, lush eyelashes with buildable consistency to a fuller end of medium, it does not give you really dramatic eyelashes but it's a great go-to mascara for more of an evening type of drama and glamour.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Lilactopus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the greatest mascara! I got a sample of it in an Ipsy bag a few months ago and I was instantly hooked! It really makes my lashes look full and doesn't clump as much as most mascaras do! Once this runs out, I will definitely be purchasing a full size!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2015 7:41:00 PM More reviews by merullo23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the deluxe size in the Tarte Bon Voyage gift set from Sephora. This mascara does what my Maybelline Full n Soft does, but is vegan. If that's important to you, this is an amazing mascara! If you don't care about veganness, try full n soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 4:51:00 PM More reviews by jorani2194

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST Mascara! I really really love this product!
It is a bit pricey, tarte products usually are in my opinion, but it is the best mascara ever in my world, and I use it almost everyday, so I am willing.
It gives both length and volume to small and thin lashes. Plus, it gives me the shape that I want my lashes to be. One or two coats is good for everyday, and then for evening or dramatic looks I enjoy using the primer with it and building up coats for thick, voluminous lashes.
I highly recommend it, it does not disappoint!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It doesn't give me the look that I want, but it is still a pretty good mascara. It is great for separating and lengthening lashes. One coat gives a nice natural look. If I apply more than one coat, it starts looking too spidery, and I start having issues with flaking and losing my curl. Unfortuantly, I thought it made my lashes look like they had less volume.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by beckybear21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I first received the "lights, camera, lashes" mascara in tarte's holiday collection. It quite immediately became my go to mascara. I'm blessed with naturally long, thick lashes. This product adds additional length, and thickness with out leaving lashes looking to spidery. I usually add about two coats, and have not noticed any clumping. Also, lasts all day without having to touch up!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by bellakayath

BEST MASCARA EVEEEEEEER. It makes my eyelashes grow, ut doesnt make them fall (unlike my other fav mascara, falsies) and it just gives mu lashes look so mich fuller, longer and thicker, but never clumps. i would honestly pay 40 dollars for this mascara, that's how good it is. It doesn't smear, the effect stays the same all day and it's the blackest formula. The wand is the perfect size and has the perfect design. No doubt I will repurchase this for the rest of my life.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by clairedelalune

Received a sample in my ipsy bag this month. The perks are that there's no clumping after two-three uses, buildable, holds a curl, and provides great length. I have thin lashes so the downside is that this doesn't give me enough volume and it's a bit time-consuming to apply (I'm more a 1-2 swipes girl). This is a great everyday wear product, but I wouldn't use it for evening wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by katyjanee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a total mascara obsessive, mascara is just my favourite make up product and this is one of the best mascaras I've ever used! (and I've used a LOT of mascaras.)
I have typically long lashes but they point downwards so I need a mascara that will hold a curl, I like my lashes quite long with a lot of volume and this mascara just delivers! It's super black and just applies like a dream! Can you tell how excited I am by this mascara just by how many explanation marks I'm using? Anyway, I just find this mascara is just an all rounder mascara, it lengthens, creates volume and holds a curl and also it doesn't flake or leave residue under the eyes - something which I appreciate massively.
Lastly, this may be an unpopular opinion but I'm also completely taken by the gaudy packaging, I absolutely love it but I know it may not be to everyones taste.