October 25, 2014 | 1715 users online

Makeup Brushes - Loew-Cornell AMM brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by cathekim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush is so awesome, I cannot praise it enough. It's very soft and really good for blending. It's not an exact dupe of MAC 217 since MAC 217 is fluffier and made of goat hair. (The Loew Cornell is made of "camel" hair, and it's not as fluffy) ("Camel" hair, by the way, is a generic term in paint brushes - the hair can be made from goat, pony, sheep or squirrel). For the price, it's pretty awesome. I got it for $1.87 at brushesandmore.com (plus $5 shipping, but I got another brush too, so it wasn't so bad). Compared to $22+, it's pretty darn cheap and it gets the job done!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by iheartmypitbull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This brush is an incredible blender! It also applies fabulously, but I mainly use it for blending. I'm going to pick up a couple more next time I'm at Michaels since you really can't beat the price. Quality is comparable to high-end makeup brushes, making you wonder why anyone would choose to spend almost ten times as much for an almost identical brush. Sillyheads!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm suprised I haven't reviewed this earlier! This brush and the L-C 3/8" maxinne's mop (I think it is lol) are my 2 most used brushes. I apply a lid color with the 3/8" and then I use this brush for the corner and crease to apply a darker shade. Someone compared it to MAC 213, but I have that brush (my one and only MAC brush) which I do not like that much- so I don't think I would compare them. This brush blends well in my opinion but I've never used another blending brush. It's about $3. GET IT! My only gripe, I think the metal part that connects to the handle is lose and it jiggles a bit. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by gildedangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this little brush. It is most comparable to theMAC 217, but it is a bit different. It is not as dense and fluffy, and it uses a brown natural bristle instead of white goat hair. I use this for applying eyeshadow to my crease and blending it out. Cute little brush, it is very cheap and you can find it at your local craftstore like Micheals. Much cheaper than the 217 haha. Would highly recommend if you are looking for a fluffy blending brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by mightymittens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have two other Loew-Cornell brushes. The maxine's mop 1/4" and 3/8" and this one in 1/4". My favourite is this one for sure. It is softer than the other two and I prefer the shape to this one more also. It seems a little better sculpted. I don't know too much about art brushes of the 1/4" AMM's bristles are taller and wider than the 1/4" maxine AND the 3/4" maxine. The bristles are dark and has a green handle. The bristles are also softer and have a little more give to them in terms of flexibility but not so much that it's hard to apply eyeshadow. I find myself going to this brush more than the 3/8" maxine mop. It gets in the crease better and isn't as spiky (is a tiny bit spiky but I can live with a tiny bit :) I'd buy it again and I'm giving it 5 lippies (awsome price!!) I payed 3-4$ CND for it. I think I'm gonna try putting some intensive conditioner on my brushes to see if that helps them soften up a bit

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 3:29:00 PM More reviews by vicgo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bare minerals and I decided to get a new brush because the kabuki brush didn't really fit to well in the cap. So I bough a loew cornell maxines mop in 1" on sale at michaels for 6 dollars and it is AMAZING. It is made of natural goat hair, which bareminerals is supposed to be too, but the loew cornell brush has white hair and it is a lot softer. It doesn't poke my face with the bristles and I think the application is so much smoother and I think I waste a lot less product. The white hair makes it easy to see how much I put on, and the hairs are close together which is good too.

Its puple and pretty too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by caramel87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this! I use it to blend my eyeshadows, and it does so beautifully and easily. It's soft and fluffy, so it blends well without taking off lots of color. It's smaller than most blending brushes I've seen, so it can be used for precise blending that doesn't wash out everything (hate brushes that do that!). Last but not least, it's soooooooooooooo so so cheap. I got it from Michael's, and with a 40% off coupon, it ended up costing around $2-3.. can't beat that! If the long handle bothers you, you can easily snap it off with a good pair of scissors or saw it off or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by blkwdow666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Note: The proper name of this brush is "Ann's Mini Mop"

This is another one of those daily staples that I've forgotten to review;
I am remiss.

This brush exemplifies the Midas commercial: "You don't have to pay a lot, but you'll get a lot." Ann's Mini Mop (AMM for short) is all of $3 (full price!) at the craft store (e.g., Michael's) and is exactly the same as MAC's 213 brush, except for the forest green handle, which I'm partial to anyway. It's good for applying colour to the lid, and, if turned on its side, even creasework (if you want a more detailed crease, get Ann's Detail Mop [ADM] instead). This brush is so well-priced, you can afford to have multiples for rotation, multiple colours, or travel.
continued >>