December 19, 2014 | 1563 users online

Moisturizers - Aveda - Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly_red

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Do not use this if you are prone to breakouts! There are several comedogenic ingredients that will clog your pores. This is a very light weight hydrator, which I bought, after not using it for some years. I love it's smell and lightness and decided to add during dry season to my routine. It went well for about a week, but game me some unpleasant surprises after that. I checked ingredients and found a bunch of unfriendly ingredients to my combination skin. Sadly, our friendship ended.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I don't see anything special about Aveda products. I like them, but certainly don't go out of my way to purchase them. I use this moisturizer from time to time. I enjoy the smell; but the lotion itself is very thin and runny. I was expecting something a little richer and better quality. Not impressed, but not disappointed either.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by girlfromtahiti

I've been using this on & off for the past 12 yrs or so. Reason why I stop every so often is because I like to try new products fr other companies. I think over the yrs the formulation has changed, I prefer the older formula, it seemed richer. I think the scent of it is what I am addicted to. It has no spf so I make sure I have added protection during the day

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by OrganizedTourist

As with trying out Aveda products, I bought this as part of the set and was again not too happy with it. The lotion is really thin and soft. It has a nice smell to it but once you put it on your face, I don't feel like it's soaking up into my skin or that it's making my skin feel soft or hydrated. I feel like it's not doing much to make my skin any better and in fact I started noticing dry patches on my skin from not being hydrated enough with this moisturizer.

I usually like to see any type of improvement to my skin after using face products but after three months of using this, I haven't seen any improvements. I'm really disappointed by their products and probably won't use it again. It's expensive and doesn't do the job.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Kristisha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It seems to me Aveda is getting cheaper and cheaper with their products. I was really disappointed with their new packaging for the whole botanical kinetics line, used to be heavy class bottles which looked expensive and high end, now it is lousy plastic. The moisturizer itself got thinner and thinner over the years; the formula is different and more watery then before. It used to be a pretty decent lotion and well priced considering how much you actually get. But not any more, I don't think I will buy it again I will try Trilogy Energizing lotion after i run out of Aveda.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

I really like this lotion. It is very lightweight. In fact, I'd call it featherweight. Feels so clean and sheer on my skin. It reduces the oily t-zone I have during the day. My makeup stays true to color all day. So fresh and breathable. Love it! I wish it had spf, but if it did, it would probably not be so light and sheer. I do wear an spf 15 powder foundation, so I suppose that's okay. I really like that it has natural ingredients and is good for my skin. My skin looks smoother and has a nicer tone and clarity since using this twice a day. I wear this alone in the morning under my makeup, and at night I use "Dr Denese ProC Illuminating Cell Defense Pads" first, followed by this Aveda lotion. My pores look smaller and overall my skin looks more healthy, clear and radiant. I also use the "Aveda Green Science Firming Eye Cream". I think next time I am going to buy the big bottle of this lotion, because I think it's a keeper. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by 90046

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff!

Pros:
lightweight
dries quickly...I apply makeup right after moisturizer
pump dispense (HATE jars I have to dip into)
Aveda-ish/spa smell - LOVE this

Cons:
Slightly pricey, but not too bad for a higher end moisturizer
Not creamy, if you need serious moisturizing

Just started using this about 2 weeks ago. I bought the smaller bottle, $33, I think? I will buy the big boy next time and use it to refill the smaller bottle.

This is almost a HG moisturizer for me. I've been bouncing around trying various moisturizers for the past few years. L'Occitane is awful under make-up (IMO), Chanel is too $$$$, Clinique yellow gel (not lotion) doesn't excite me. I had been using Philosophy Hope in a Tube (not in a jar - hate dipping in and getting lotion under my nails - and it just seems plain unsanitary).

I think this moisturizer is a really good everyday product for run of the mill skin - I'm not crazy dry, I'm not oily. Just like to give my skin a little drink before I put on my makeup...esp in winter months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Spiderkittens

Perfect light-weight lotion for dry and combination skin. I've been using this as a basic moisturizer for daytime under makeup. It smells amazing and soaks right in. It doesn't contain SPF, so you'll want to use a foundation containing sunscreen or a separate sunscreen over the lotion.
I might add that I turned my 75 year old Mom on to this stuff and she loves it. She has extremely sensitive, dry skin and this leaves it velvety soft. It won't do much in terms of treatment, but is a fabulous basic moisturizer and very light. It works well all year round, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I have been having regular Aveda facials (2x month) and so I got lots of skincare too from there to use at home- this lotion, a cleanser and the tourmaline charged radiance fluid (thats just AMAZING) I was a little worried that aveda wouldnt suit my skin, i thought the whole ''natural ingredients etc'' stuff would just either not do anything at all, or really break me out. But my skin has never looked better. I use the radiance fluid first, wait a min (it sinks in very quickly) and then apply this. I have combination skin and this is amazing. Most heavy creams are just too heavy for me and make my foundation slide off and most lotions are just not moisturising enough for the winter but this is truely wonderful. I apply a generous amount in the cold winter months and i love it. My make up smooths on so easily too ( ive bought expensive creams in the past only to find out my foundation just doesnt want to blend after, or flakes off etc etc) with this i have no problems at all. Im really happy and cant see myself changing my skin care routine at any point. I have used clarins, estee lauder, clinique ALL rubbish and harsh on my skin and dried it out. aveda is really amazing

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was never much of a "moisturizing the face" kind of person. I have such oily skin, that when I would moisturize at night before bed I would wake up to almost my pillow case stuck to my face. Bad visual I know, lol. So I would just miss that step completely in my skin care routine, which I know doesn't help my oily situation. But ... after my sister introduced me to the aveda skin care line I have seen quite the improvement in my skin. This is definitely the cherry on top of my skin care routine. It makes my skin feel fantastic, smells amazing and I wake up to no oil. Great job Aveda. The only downside is that it's expensive! I live in Canada and its costs nearly 50 bucks ... blah, but a little goes a long way.