October 1, 2014 | 1923 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Original Glo Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Arrgh! As a healthy, natural product, I really wanted this to work! And I keep trying it, as if something is going to change. Does anyone know a mineral makeup that truly works for the over 50 crowd? This and Youngblood both make my skin look dry (normally normal/oily!) and Yow -- wrinkly!! Doesn't matter if I prime and moisturize first, or even after, the powder seems to suck it up. So for now I'm using Cotz sunscreen as a foundation, which has a bit too much coverage for me, or Dr. Hauschka, which is more of a faint tint that disappears -- but at least doesn't cake, flake or help me discover wrinkles I didn't know I had!

EDIT: I've got to bring this up a lippie because it works better now and I see why people like it. Three of the many things I've learned on MUA is that application matters, to know your skin, and to keep experimenting once you've already bought a product to see if you can make it work! So. What works for my older, apparently much dryer (I didn't know how much it had changed), skin is to apply an oil to my skin (I use coconut because it doesn't break me out like it does some people) before using this product. Then I apply with my fingertip, and only to the places I need it, blending into the rest. It works!! It hasn't been on my face very long and still may settle but on application it looks very good -- like the descriptions other people have for mineral makeup, glowy and soft!
Lessons learned: figure out what isn't working, and fix it, rather than blowing through lots of product and wasting all that cash. (If my skin had been too oily for this, or anything else, I'd have applied a drying product as primer first.) Thank you MUA'ers for all the knowledge!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by saramathison

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This breaks me out, goes right into my pores and lines and makes me look 10 years older. I tried everything to prevent that because it's so cheap and other people says it works. Well I spent more on primers and things to get it to work that it was a waste. I don't recommend this foundation for anyone with even slightly dry skin. Or women over 25.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by PurplePony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I thought I have found a perfect foundation, my skin looked even and healthy glowing but after a couple of weeks I got terrible break outs, just like when I tried semi-matte formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by jadey84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Loved this so much. Were perfect when you have a boring matte skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by April086

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

They recently discontinued this:((( was my HG....very upsetting!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried pretty much every mineral foundation available in the market except Jane iredale cuz it's too expensive and hard to find here in Australia. Honest opinion, everyday mineral foundation delivers the best result. The coverage is fantastic that most of the time I don't even need to use concealer, it stays on well with some setting spray, which I use the VIchy water, it gives this natural glow without feeling greasy and it won't set into ur pores. However, it is hard to select the color cuz there are just too many choices and being an online based company, u just have to order as many samples as u can to find out which color suit u better,while in my case, I found a handful of colors that all work for me and sometimes I mix them up just to confuse myself more, because the sample or small size package is too small to tap, and swirl with the brush, I poured couple of them in a big container and it works fine.
The last thing is the loose powder package that is messy to carry around, I will they could launch a pressed powder for carry and touch up, that will then be perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is definitely not suitable for people with blemishes as the shimmer in this product will ENHANCE your imperfections.

While I have no intention of looking like a mini discoball by the end of school, it happened on my first usage of this product. From the name of the formula - Original glo, I was expecting something more sheer and lightweight. However, this is sheer and shimmery at the same time! For a good period of months, this formula stayed in my drawer.

One day, I packed this for travel instead of my usual semi matte foundations, so i had no choice but to maximise what i had on hand and by chance, i found an awesome way of using this - that is to mix it with a thick moisturiser/sunscreen.

As this product is pretty sheer (and shimmery, not forgetting), by mixing it with a thick moisturiser/sunscreen gives me a dewy, natural finish that i ABSOLUTELY adore! The lasting power of it will largely depend on the type of moisturiser/sunscreen you use. I used Loreal's mattifying sunscreen (SPF 50) and it lasted me through 8-9 hours! Pretty awesome right?

But still, i have to agree that all that mixing isn't very friendly for people who are rushing in the mornings (ie: me), so I guess it's one lippie off for that. Other than that, i think its still quite a decent mineral foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by mojo90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this by swapping in the shade "Golden fair". I'm quite pale in winter and this shade is quite close to my skin colour. It's easy to apply but i m not really happy about the look it gives me. First of all,the coverage is not what I expected. It's light coverage which you can layer, but still not really enough. I was expecting light to medium coverage and full coverage after layering... Second, I think I look sick with it. If I use it on it's own (without a TM) it looks chalky and dull, no "glow" at all. It gets cakey after a few hours. I have really dry skin and luckily it didn't make it dryer but it highlights every little flake...not nice! I use it now as a setting powder on top of my Dr. Hauschka TM and With this it works.Not great but better than before.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ericaspinky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the worst foundation I've ever tried. This made my skin look worse than without makeup (which is saying alot!). It didn't matter what kind of primer or finishing powder I used; this foundation emphasised every single pore and fine line (I actually discovered lines where I didn't notice any before). This product does the complete opposite of what makeup should do! It was also very drying; no matter how much I took care in moisturizing my face beforehand, this powder sucked every bit of moisture right up. Isn't mineral makeup supposed to be better for your skin?!

Anyhoo, I decided to get other products from the EM site in a last-ditch effort to somehow use this product up (by blending with a more matte formula). I was shocked to find that the ONLY shipping option to Canada costs $20. Yes, even if you're only ordering samples! I thought this was some kind of mistake on their part so I contacted CS. Apparently, some packages they sent to Canada went missing so they're forcing all Canadians to take the brunt. To their credit, the CS representative reassured me that they're looking into cheaper shipping options. However, with so many mineral makeup brands out there, I'm not willing to go through the trouble of either coughing up 1.5~5X the total cost of the actual product I intended to buy *just* for shipping, or waiting for god-knows-how-long for them to get serious.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by dais0307

I have tried both the Original Glo and the Semi-Matte formulation. I prefer this formulation over the semi-matte. It does give you coverage and it does not look cakey at all. It also makes me feel as if I am not wearing any foundation at all. I prefer this formulation because it seems to be more silky than the semi-matte one. It also applies much easier. Overall, I am happy with it.