September 2, 2014 | 1924 users online

Loose Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Bluff Dust

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Iheartmydh

I absolutely love this powder and am on my fourth container. The colour is a soft banana yellow, the texture finely milled. I use a kabuki blush to apply it over Colorstay Sand Beige (normal/comb) foundation, I lightly shake the powder into the lid and do several pick ups to get a nice even coverage. Lasts all day (from 6.30am - 7.00pm) on most of my face, but I do a quick touch up on my t-zone about 3pm. I don't bother with the powder puff it comes with & think it is a bit of a waste as it would not do this powder justice if it were used to apply it. I think it would not cover up red that well in its own, but definitely think the soft yellow brightens and evens the colour on my face over concealer or foundation. I can't stand pink or orange toned powders on my skin and this works perfectly for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by elemere

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This powder has a fine texture and a yellow tint. My skin is olive, so a little yellow goes a long way. That's why I mainly use it around my eyes, and near my nose (especially if it's raw from a cold) I find it adds just the right amount of correction to make my eyes look more awake, and my nose less raw. It's not an essential product, as I don't use it every day, but it works nicely, and lasts a long time. I especially love the packaging and the puff that comes with it. The container is very durable and the puff is quite soft and presses into the skin nicely.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by TashaeJones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed with this product. I didn't find that it offered any redness coverage at all.The biggest let down was that it broke my skin out with the most awful cystic acne I've ever had it my life. I still can't wrap my head around it, it was honestly devastating. Before I pinpointed it as the cause of my breakout, I did find that it worked well as an under-eye highlight. Kind of gave that Kim K. bright-eyed look.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by AliciaHT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin with an uneven, rosy skintone so I thought that this product would solve all my problems but unfortunately it didn't.

The texture is quite nice as the powder is relatively silky, but there are better powders and I don't feel this one does what it's specifically meant to do (counteract redness). It makes no difference to my rosy areas as I feel it's too light in consistency. I don't even think it does a particularly good job of controlling shine and I notice no difference in oil control between this and other, less expensive brands of loose powder.

There are others who love this so if you're considering this product, I recommend trying it before buying it as it is expensive and I don't feel it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2011 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Cosmoholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To me this was a total waste of money! I was hoping I could use this instead of foundation since my main issue are red spots from post blemishes. It didn`t tone down the redness of these spots at all, not even a tiny little bit.
It did cover my red winter-nose a bit so I assume it works on big read areas like cheeks or nose but doesn`t help at all with small red spots.
For a simple loose powder it`s also overprized, Clinique also has one I think, don`t know about their prize though.
Obviously I would`t repurchase since my red spots looked exactly the same after applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by bubblewarped

i'm quite a fan of this powder. i have pretty clear skin with some redness in my cheeks. i'm not a huge fan of heavy foundations so i stick to light, sheer coverage ones; just a little bit to even out my skintone, then a light dusting of this powder with emphasis on my cheeks and the redness just vanishes! the finish is lovely too, it's really satiny and smooth without being overly matte, and does a good job of setting my makeup for the day. as with all powders, less (but not too 'less'!) is more. i would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Supermewbs

I love this, I do not go a day without using it. It's perfect for everyday if I don't want to bother with the concealer/foundation/etc. I have a few issues with redness and this covers it right up! Extremely impressed

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by makeupismyvice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have fair skin with red undertones. I love to use make-up and do fun and dramatic looks on weekends and special occasions ect., but for everyday use I like the more natural look and this powder has become an everyday staple. It is very sheer and light and goes on even. It tones down the red, and gives a nice, soft, slightly glowing finish. I like to use it over a tinted moisturizer. The combination makes your skin look amazing, but also look like you aren't wearing any makeup at all. I also learned that this powder works wonders on under eye circles when you use with a concealer brush. The only reason I gave this product a 4 is the packaging. It is like the Bare Minerals containers and can be messy and sometimes easy to waste.

Tips;
For face, get some powder on the brush ( a big, soft face brush is best). Then swirl the brush in the lid to allow equal distribution, tap off excess. All you need is a light dusting, as a little goes a long way. At first, it may look "powdery" but let it sit for a minute or two and it settles right in and skin looks good and even

For under eye circles, use a concealer brush that is not used for cream or liquid concealers (the powder will stick). Collect powder on the brush, You will use a bit more powder then for the face, but not too much. It is easier to build up then take off. Sweep brush over areas you want to target.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by lilpumpkin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

major letdown. no miracles here. hell, no coverage at all. i'm super fair and tend to become very redfaced during well, everything. i bought this before i knew about MUA and girl or guy if youre reading this, don't buy this powder. it just sits at the bottom of my purse serving only as an oil coverup on my nose on hot days. benefit products IMO kind of stink.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

I have to say i really dont know if I would rush out and buy this if a ran out, which i doubt will happen any time soon.
I have had this for a couple years now and overall it is a good finishing prodcut that really tones down shine, Is not overly powdery and does give a nice red neutralization.However my skin tone needs more of a luminous airbrushing effect in a finishing powder which this doesnt have.