November 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Nail Tools - La Cross - Crystal Nail File

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by littledebs2011

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought to review this before but when seeing what others had to say I want to add my two cents worth. This is something I never would hesitate to repurchase. It doesn't feel coarse and irritating as you file. It makes a pleasant exp out of filing your nails - and it looks nice too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I bought this Crystal Nail file because I've read nothing but great things about it on the MUA nail board - I bought it for almost $10 at my local beauty store in Granada Hills.

My nails feel GREAT AND SMOOTH after just a few swipes! I've never felt them this smooth before. This really is a great product! Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant to purchase this nail file because I tried the Revlon version and it was crap. But I checked the reviews on here and everyone seemed to be happy. I got this on sale for under $9. What a steal! I was going to splurge and go to Sephora, but I'm glad I checked the sale bin at London Drugs.
This file is only one sided but I really don't mind it that much. I find I don't need to wash it after every use, I just wipe it on a ratty, old towel and it removes the dust.
For those reviewers complaining about it feeling like running your nails on a chalkboard: YOU ARE FILING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!!
If you feel ANY tug or resistance, try going in the other direction. When you file properly it should feel super easy and not tug at the nail. This should help people who tend to file back and forth and get splits in the nail as a result.
For those reviewers that say it's glass and it breaks: UMM HELLO?!!?! It's says that on the package. Hopefully you read before you buy... Treat this as you would a drinking glass or your magnifying mirror. Don't throw it around. Don't stash it in your purse. Don't drop it. Simple.
I will repurchase this given the odd circumstance in where it does break by accident.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kdhill

I lovethis nail file, it isnt has harsh on the nails as a traditional file. Its also much prettier. The only con about the crystal nail file is the unflexible thickness of the file. It makes it very difficult to file the sides of my nails, near the cuticle, a traditional file works better for this considering its more flexible and gets into all the little crevices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by clearady

From the picture uploaded, it looks silver on the bottom like an average nail file.
But no so, in reallife, it's the two of the most gorgeous colors. Clear ombre into a pop of blue.
Don't you just love things and people that are as work as beautifully as they look?
My luck that in Hawaii there's no store that carries this, but thanks to these holy grail reviews, I gladly paid the $10 online, and it was definitely worth every single last red cent. This is now one of my favorite things, up there with an $80 serum.

It works very effectively/fast, making it extremely convenient. I'm always pressed for time, and like everyone else, I love looking at pretty things. This is everything you could ask for. :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Wow, wow, wow
Thanks to everyone who reviewed these crystal nail files.
I have seen them many times before, but would have never bought 1 without your input.
After using it for the first time, i realized why I disliked doing manicure at home - it was because I was filing nails with those g-awful emery boards or metal files. Never again.
La Gross crystal nail files are the best. Just hope that they will last :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this file. It works great and looks pretty. Beware though, since it is glass it is fragile. I have reached in my purse only to discover my file broken in pieces...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

Great quality compared to the regular emery board nail files. Kinda of pricey, around 10 bucks, but worth it. The regular emery board nail filer seems to sharpen my nails so much they could double as weapons in a fight. The crystal nail file, on the other hand, does not. Wish they would come out with a mini version of this so it could be a staple in my makeup bag. Remember this product is glass, therefore breakable, meaning if you sit on it, no matter how skinny you think your booty is, it will break. Have heard from too many ladies doing this, lol!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by kittywompus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like these glass/crystal nail files and wanted to try another brand. Originally have bought no-name glass file from Harmon drugs for $3.99. This one by Sally Hansen/La Cross is good but it is not double sided like others I have. For $10 I feel it's a rip off as only one side is usable. I'm very disappointed and would not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to 2nd mricha14, this is like running my nails down a chalkboard. It totally sets my teeth on edge. I hate it! It seems to do a decent job of filing, but I can do just as well with an emery board and it doesn't feel so horrible.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No