Skinceuticals C E Ferulic

3.7

Water, Ethoxydiglycol, 15% L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Laureth-23, 1% Alpha Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, 0.5% Ferulic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate

on 2/21/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have used this product for at least 8-10 years (perhaps more). I believe it keeps my face clear and free of age spots, brown spots and freckles. I was practically born with freckles but I don't have any freckles since I have been using C E Ferulic. This is one product that works like it is supposed to. I love it and feel like I couldn't live without it! I use it once daily in the AM under my sunscreen. I keep the main vial in the refrigerator for freshness. Freshness is very important with this product. I won't use it if it turns dark yellow. I try not to expose the serum to light and transfer it into little sample vials to use one at a time. I only order from authorized retailers to ensure that the product is genuine. The scent is distinctive--smells like hotdogs, but I don't mind. I have never broken out from using it and it has never irritated my skin. I use this in addition to a very good mineral sunscreen and also take supplements (Heliocare) to protect my skin from the sun's damaging rays. I also eat a lot of lycopene and dark berries which are suppose to have skin protecting properties. Even a small amount of dark chocolate is supposed to help protect skin from the sun. I try to incorporate external and internal ways to protect my skin from UVB/UVA light. I am a product junkie and constantly trying new things but this is one serum I never want to be without.

on 2/11/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My skin regime have mostly consisted of sunscreen at day,retinol and a serum a night.
With fair skin prone to sun damage, an addition of ce feurolic under my moisturizer with spf, seemed like a good way to add more protection from the suns damaging rays.
I have som dark spots on my cheek bones, and after almost 8 months on retinol i hardly noticed any difference. Hence my surpise when the ce feurolic first startet to brighten my skin, and then my sunspots were starting to diminish. My under eye circles also seems less dark

Will buy again. Would prefer a pump bottle

on 2/5/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

expensive but worth it. one of the few products that actually works. found it at my esthetician. I like the products from my esthetician better than anything from the store.

on 1/3/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was gifted a bottle of this to me from a dermatologist I had befriended.

Here is what I like about Skinceuticals C E Ferulic:

-Grade A ingredients. This isn't full of useless fillers. All of the ingredients are scientifically proven to work.
-Annnnd since the ingredients are proven to work, this is an effective product. It *should* fade sunspots/acne scars, smooth wrinkles over a bit, and prevent your skin from accumulating more sun damage.

I would reccomend this to anyone with dry skin and NOT acne prone. That was my biggest issue with C E Ferulic serum... it contains vitamin E as a main ingredient. I get that vitamin E is effective at healing skin, but why must so many cosmetic companies put it in their products? Vitamin E leaves a tacky moist film on the skin that will clog *most* acne prone customers.

I broke out using this. I knew as I applied this that my face would errupt like a volcano. It left such a gross film on my skin I felt as if my pores couldn't breath from the get go. But I never learn my lesson, do I?

Anyways, I applied the rest of the bottle to my neck area where I do not get clogged pores or an abundance of oil production. While my neck does feel smoother and I haven't had any sun spots show up, I don't think I would repurchase this for that purpose alone.

Edited to add: My bottle turned quicker than any other vitamin c serum I have ever had. Literally within weeks it went from being a light yellowish clear hue to medium orange. I googled around and found this is still good....... until it turns to a dark red. Just wanted to add this in since it's a common occurrence. Storing it in the fridge in a dark, cool spot should help prolong the longevity of your bottle.

on 12/8/2014 7:23:00 PM

This product for sure brightens up the face as soon as you use it. But as far for me, I had terrible cystic acne after using this.

But once you stop using this, your skin goes too dull. I think that was the reason people have to hold on to it forever and they say they cant live with out it.

My feeling is it is making you depend on it, but it does not improve your skin. This is just my skin. May be this worked great for others.

on 11/25/2014 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I'm still on my sample vial, so I cannot address the king term effects. However, I would like to know if anyone else has found it to smell rather like ham or balonga? And, am I doing something wrong, because I feel I have to race to get the serum on my entire face? It sinks in soooo fast!

on 11/9/2014 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with most of the reviews where this is a great product. I use antioxidant serums more as a preventative measure and I'm fortunate that my skin condition is fairly good. So while I can't claim that it helps reduce wrinkles or anything I do find that it makes my skin look even toned and glowy. And unlike some products, I am convinced that whatever cocktail of ingredients is included in here really does work - my skin feels and looks healthy. I use this in conjunction with Phyto + to help treat a hyperpigmented spot on my cheek and the pigmentation has noticeably diminished. Another reason why I like this serum is that because it's water based it absorbs quickly and it's so thin, it's easy to layer other products in your skincare regime.

This is by far the best and my favourite antioxidant serum. The only problem for me is that it's expensive (but you only need maybe 3-4 drops for your face and neck so it can last) and its not available here in Malaysia. I have to rely buying online but it's not always in stock and then I'd have to buy some other brand. If Skinceuticals was readily available, this would be my go to product. Highly recommend.

on 10/13/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I was given a small sample of this serum by an esthetician 8 or 9 years ago. I've been using it every morning since then. My skin has always been pretty good, so the focus of my skincare routine is preventative: i.e., I'm trying to prevent signs of aging. I believe that CE Ferulic serum helps me maintain a smooth, clear skin texture with a nice glow. And hopefully it helps prevent sun damage, such as dark spots and wrinkles. So far, so good.

The price is high, but bear in mind that you only need to use 3-4 drops on your face. It lasts a long time. However, it oxidizes and turns dark fairly quickly, which may mean that it is losing effectiveness. So it's probably a good idea to use it up within a couple of months, or 3 at the most.

The CE Ferulic is the first serum that I apply after cleansing each morning. I follow with 2 (or sometimes 3) other serums/creams, including peptides. Lastly, I apply a mineral sunblock with a minimum of 30 SPF on cloudy winter days and up to 100 SPF in summer. Hopefully, this regimin will do the trick. I'll update you all in 20 years! :) In the meantime, I recommend CE Ferulic.

on 10/8/2014 7:37:00 PM

I used this product for 3 mos and loved it. I felt my skin was responding to look toned and healthy when I ran out. I substituted a cheaper brand and see none of the former results. Will reorder as soon as possible. My esthetician recommended I use it saying I might not notice a huge difference for 18 mos or so. I put the 5 drops on the back of my hand soas to have a bit left for the back of my hands.

on 10/8/2014 4:31:00 AM

My first review on here, although I've been a member many years! I wanted to comment on the product because the reviews seem very divided, either people love it or hate it.

First to note I've used it for only 10 days, so any comments on long terms effects will have to wait. Also, I have quite oily skin for a 30-something caucasian, and I know many people commented that this is not so great for oily complexions.

I bought two trial sized bottles to try because I was in the market for a serious boost in my sun protection arsenal. I avoid the sun like the plague and I wear SPF50 every day, all year round, but I recently relocated to a state that is warm and sunny all year round (good for lifestyle, terrible for white skin!)

So far the main complaints most people have named - smell, stickness, oily residue - have not been issues for me whatsoever. I don't care if the smell is not fragrant, as long as the product is efficacious. Priorities anyone? The consistency is different to other serums I have used, but it's not abhorrent and it absorbs fine, it just takes a day or two to get used to how much you need to use and how best to rub it over your skin. And honestly, I live in a warm climate already but I haven't noticed pronounced oiliness in my makeup after applying the product, I always need to blot and powder at least once during the day anyway, due to the heat and my oily skin, and this hasn't made it so much worse that I noticed.

I'm not one to make claims about products too soon but I do take good care of my skin and it's in good condition so improvements do manifest fairly early in my complexion, because my cell turnover is good and the canvas is pretty receptive to new active ingredients. I noticed my skin is softer, more bouncy, and a smidge more even so far (like I said, it's been 10 days). I don't have a ton of sun damage on my face but I'm also using it on my neck chest arms and hands every day and my arm pigmentation is responding, I definitely notice it with the naked eye.

About the price, it is pricey but I think I will go ahead and fork over the money to get the full bottle in a few days because I do think I want to go the long haul with this product. I'm of the mind that products that are scientifically advanced and formulated with a real potency are worth the price tag. I don't want to pay 55 dollars for a product that smells nice and looks nice but does nothing. If it's over a hundred but it is powerful and cutting edge, I'm going to be lining up for it. Maybe I'm crazy or a sucker I don't know, but that's how I feel when it comes to skincare.

Lastly the complaint about the bottle/the way the product changed colour over time - if the maker says it is still efficacious after changing colour slightly, and has not changed the bottle even after years of negative reviews claiming - as laymen not scientists - that it's no good, I feel like, maybe we should trust the experts and just use it as it is. I do keep mine in the fridge but that's just cos I think, why not, better safe than sorry. I don't mind the dropper and I think it's not such a big deal if the manufacturer continues to sell it like this it can't be so bad.

OK that's it! I say if you're on the fence get the tester samples like I did and good luck! :-)

Popular Treatments (Face)