November 24, 2014 | 1179 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skinceuticals - C E Ferulic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with most of the reviews where this is a great product. I use antioxidant serums more as a preventative measure and I'm fortunate that my skin condition is fairly good. So while I can't claim that it helps reduce wrinkles or anything I do find that it makes my skin look even toned and glowy. And unlike some products, I am convinced that whatever cocktail of ingredients is included in here really does work - my skin feels and looks healthy. I use this in conjunction with Phyto + to help treat a hyperpigmented spot on my cheek and the pigmentation has noticeably diminished. Another reason why I like this serum is that because it's water based it absorbs quickly and it's so thin, it's easy to layer other products in your skincare regime.

This is by far the best and my favourite antioxidant serum. The only problem for me is that it's expensive (but you only need maybe 3-4 drops for your face and neck so it can last) and its not available here in Malaysia. I have to rely buying online but it's not always in stock and then I'd have to buy some other brand. If Skinceuticals was readily available, this would be my go to product. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by DaphneD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was given a small sample of this serum by an esthetician 8 or 9 years ago. I've been using it every morning since then. My skin has always been pretty good, so the focus of my skincare routine is preventative: i.e., I'm trying to prevent signs of aging. I believe that CE Ferulic serum helps me maintain a smooth, clear skin texture with a nice glow. And hopefully it helps prevent sun damage, such as dark spots and wrinkles. So far, so good.

The price is high, but bear in mind that you only need to use 3-4 drops on your face. It lasts a long time. However, it oxidizes and turns dark fairly quickly, which may mean that it is losing effectiveness. So it's probably a good idea to use it up within a couple of months, or 3 at the most.

The CE Ferulic is the first serum that I apply after cleansing each morning. I follow with 2 (or sometimes 3) other serums/creams, including peptides. Lastly, I apply a mineral sunblock with a minimum of 30 SPF on cloudy winter days and up to 100 SPF in summer. Hopefully, this regimin will do the trick. I'll update you all in 20 years! :) In the meantime, I recommend CE Ferulic.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mswix

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product for 3 mos and loved it. I felt my skin was responding to look toned and healthy when I ran out. I substituted a cheaper brand and see none of the former results. Will reorder as soon as possible. My esthetician recommended I use it saying I might not notice a huge difference for 18 mos or so. I put the 5 drops on the back of my hand soas to have a bit left for the back of my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Fiancee

My first review on here, although I've been a member many years! I wanted to comment on the product because the reviews seem very divided, either people love it or hate it.

First to note I've used it for only 10 days, so any comments on long terms effects will have to wait. Also, I have quite oily skin for a 30-something caucasian, and I know many people commented that this is not so great for oily complexions.

I bought two trial sized bottles to try because I was in the market for a serious boost in my sun protection arsenal. I avoid the sun like the plague and I wear SPF50 every day, all year round, but I recently relocated to a state that is warm and sunny all year round (good for lifestyle, terrible for white skin!)

So far the main complaints most people have named - smell, stickness, oily residue - have not been issues for me whatsoever. I don't care if the smell is not fragrant, as long as the product is efficacious. Priorities anyone? The consistency is different to other serums I have used, but it's not abhorrent and it absorbs fine, it just takes a day or two to get used to how much you need to use and how best to rub it over your skin. And honestly, I live in a warm climate already but I haven't noticed pronounced oiliness in my makeup after applying the product, I always need to blot and powder at least once during the day anyway, due to the heat and my oily skin, and this hasn't made it so much worse that I noticed.

I'm not one to make claims about products too soon but I do take good care of my skin and it's in good condition so improvements do manifest fairly early in my complexion, because my cell turnover is good and the canvas is pretty receptive to new active ingredients. I noticed my skin is softer, more bouncy, and a smidge more even so far (like I said, it's been 10 days). I don't have a ton of sun damage on my face but I'm also using it on my neck chest arms and hands every day and my arm pigmentation is responding, I definitely notice it with the naked eye.

About the price, it is pricey but I think I will go ahead and fork over the money to get the full bottle in a few days because I do think I want to go the long haul with this product. I'm of the mind that products that are scientifically advanced and formulated with a real potency are worth the price tag. I don't want to pay 55 dollars for a product that smells nice and looks nice but does nothing. If it's over a hundred but it is powerful and cutting edge, I'm going to be lining up for it. Maybe I'm crazy or a sucker I don't know, but that's how I feel when it comes to skincare.

Lastly the complaint about the bottle/the way the product changed colour over time - if the maker says it is still efficacious after changing colour slightly, and has not changed the bottle even after years of negative reviews claiming - as laymen not scientists - that it's no good, I feel like, maybe we should trust the experts and just use it as it is. I do keep mine in the fridge but that's just cos I think, why not, better safe than sorry. I don't mind the dropper and I think it's not such a big deal if the manufacturer continues to sell it like this it can't be so bad.

OK that's it! I say if you're on the fence get the tester samples like I did and good luck! :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by blue1berry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, I have love/hate relationship with this product. On one hand it makes my skin glow, but on the other hand it makes me break out like crazy! I get bad cystic acne whenever I use this. And it's expensive! I can't return it either since I now move overseas. Maybe I can use it on my chest. Not sure what it is in this product that makes me break out. It's definitely not the bit C since I've used it in other products and have not broken out from that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by SarahRae1

I really like this product. I started using it when I was an Esthetics student. I feel that its improved the overall appearance and quality of my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like or dislike this product. It simply didn't improve my skin at all. My skin didn't feel or look better. For the cost of this product, I need Skinceuticals to deliver something hence the low rating.

I will however add that I do have fairly good skin and I'm on a regular regimen of Retina and hydroxy acids, and Vitamin C. I discontinued the Vitamin C and added the Skinceuticals but as mentioned before noticed no difference.

If the product were less expensive, I might have purchased another bottle of it but for the price it wasn't worth continuing to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by deepsid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SIMPLY THE VERY BEST.MAKES YOU GLOW AND MINIMISES FINE LINES.please look up my review on anew genics for my now HG routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ursulak

BEWARE of this product!!!! I have used vitamin c all over my face for years & love the results that it gives. However, this product caused dryness under my eye area and actually burned the skin below my eyes. Now I have extra lines and creases under my eyes & will be promptly returning this product after using it for only one week. I believe there are chemicals in this product that cause inflammation and burning on tender areas of skin. If anyone can recommend a solution to my new "problem" of extra lines under my eyes I would love to hear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is truly amazing. My skin started looking really dull and uneven so I got a facial. The esthetician used this and other skinceuticals on my skin. She gave me a sample of CE Ferulic to take home. Within a week, my skin is glowing, is even, and the horizontal lines along my neck are less noticeable. I went to Sephora today and the person helping asked me if I had foundation on. I said no, and she said "wow, you have really nice skin." I was just wearing CE Ferulic and sunscreen on top!

I also started using this on my legs which have had terrible hyperpigmentation for years (from scars). I swear, it's almost gone!! I have tried everything and I'm finally not embarrassed of my legs. Crazy.

It's very expensive, and yeah it does smell stinky, but it works. I'll keep buying. Also, I wouldn't buy from Ebay because you could get counterfeit stuff. The skinstore has some good deals.