July 30, 2014 | 1946 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skinceuticals - C E Ferulic

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ursulak

BEWARE of this product!!!! I have used vitamin c all over my face for years & love the results that it gives. However, this product caused dryness under my eye area and actually burned the skin below my eyes. Now I have extra lines and creases under my eyes & will be promptly returning this product after using it for only one week. I believe there are chemicals in this product that cause inflammation and burning on tender areas of skin. If anyone can recommend a solution to my new "problem" of extra lines under my eyes I would love to hear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is truly amazing. My skin started looking really dull and uneven so I got a facial. The esthetician used this and other skinceuticals on my skin. She gave me a sample of CE Ferulic to take home. Within a week, my skin is glowing, is even, and the horizontal lines along my neck are less noticeable. I went to Sephora today and the person helping asked me if I had foundation on. I said no, and she said "wow, you have really nice skin." I was just wearing CE Ferulic and sunscreen on top!

I also started using this on my legs which have had terrible hyperpigmentation for years (from scars). I swear, it's almost gone!! I have tried everything and I'm finally not embarrassed of my legs. Crazy.

It's very expensive, and yeah it does smell stinky, but it works. I'll keep buying. Also, I wouldn't buy from Ebay because you could get counterfeit stuff. The skinstore has some good deals.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

please change the packaging, with so much antioxidants i do not understand why skinceuticals does not make an airtight/airless pump packaging....boggles my mind. u got everything right with the ingredient but packaging to preserve it...

I'm only 23 and just started using this as preventive, so i cannot comment on the effects, but i will probably continuing using this for life to prevent aging.

my only complaint is the packaging and price.. oh the smell isn't roses and butter but its tolerable and you get use to it

my day time routine:

skinceuticals CE ferulic --> skinceuticals B5 gel --> Vaishaly night cream --> skinceuticals sheer fusion SPF 50

hopefully, i will age well haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This stuff is amazing! I'm 57 and my skins not bad as I have been into skincare since my early 20's.However aging is inevitable. I've recently(maybe for about a year) been bothered with some redness on my cheeks. it looks like broken capillaries but to be honest I'm not sure what it is or what caused it.I've used loads of products ,Peter thomas Roth retinol fusion pm, olay regenerist regenerating fragrance free serum, a vit c serum by Keihls so my skin is used to vit C, and several serums by Paula's choice, one of which is also a vit c product.They are all good products. I've not been using them to treat the redness in particular , just to keep my skin in good condition overall. In comes Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. I actually bought this to boost my sunscreen as it's supposed to be a great addition with a sunscreen and to fight the effects of free radical damage.This has a high amount of Vit C plus ferulic acid.Well I kid you not after only three days using this (mornings only as recommended) my redness has virtually disappeared.I keep looking in the mirror to see if it's true.Overall my skin seems to be glowing, pores smaller, just so much more even toned and like I say my skin was not bad before using this.I can't wait to see the long term effects! I even use this around eyes with no irritation.As for the smell, so what, it's natural ingredients and it dosen't linger anyway. It dosen't bother me. Far better that than added perfumes which smell "nice" but are no more than irritants. Fragrance is not skin care, good ingredients are.This stuffs not cheap, but I don't care if these are the results! There are so many "skin care" products out there that are just a waste of money but I really feel this is worth the splurge as it WORKS! I'm not crazy about the packaging for this, I would have preferred a pump as Vit C must be protected from air and light.But I just open and close it as quickly as possible and store in a cool dark place. A word of warning When I first purchased this I got a trial sample off E Bay. But it WAS NOT fresh! It was a browny orange colour(I just chucked it) When I reordered from effortless skin who I deal with often and trust it was clear, almost transparent. that's the way it should be.These little sample vials seem a good idea as you're not opening a large amount of product each time but if it's not fresh it's pointless.This product like everything else may not work for everyone.But I'm sure chuffed to bits with it! Honestly, invest in this, it's money well spent!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by PinkyPriss

After a week my skin is younger-looking and appears to be healthier. My wrinkles have softened around my forehead. My skin feels firmer and significantly more elastic. The biggest benefit of using this serum is that it is providing me with the ultimate protection that will help prevent future skin damage and fight the signs of aging. Many users have reported getting tons of complements on their skin complexion and tone after using this serum. I read on the ConsumerSearch website, that this serum does not "contain as large an assortment of good-for-skin ingredients as Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum, Fragrance Free." I will probably have to compare those two myself. Still, this is a great option for a Vitamin C product and contains a hefty amount of the antioxidant, 15%.

I recommend buying the travel size. It is more value for money. Plus the product remains fresh longer since each vile will be exposed to less amounts of air.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by beautysnob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Read about this on a beauty website and how it's very essential to add vitamin C to your skincare regimen. I was taken aback from the smell at first, smells like raw bacon. Scent does go away after I apply Phyto plus. It's been only a month of using, however my skin seems more supple and antioxidant is great for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely stunning results from the first use, and it keeps getting better. So strange to find a product that actually has a true effect that you can see. This makes my skin look absolutely amazing everyday, and I love that it assists my sunscreen. My hyperpigmentation is almost gone after using this, my pores are small, my skin glows.

I can't believe all the complaints about the scent. The scent disappears the moment you put it on, don't let that dissuade you from the great results you can get from this product. If you find it to be sticky, you've put way too much on. Apply the correct amount, it sinks in instantly and is gone.

Will never be without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, as I've been a fan of Skinceuticals for a while...a good strong antioxidant serum, with brightening, with ferrulic acid to stabilise the vitamin C

Pros
- if your skin can tolerate it, it's a proven anti-oxidant and brightener
- absorbs easily
- nice-looking packaging

Cons
- I tried and tried to get my skin 'used' to this serum, but it just didn't work. I do have quite sensitive skin but I can tolerant things like retin A, AHA and BHA products - but this stuff just broke me out in eczema
- the price - you can get similar products for a much much lower price.
- stability - even if you keep this in the fridge, after 3 months it is going to start breaking down, particularly as you have to open the bottle every time you use it. However a bottle usually would last longer than 3 months

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by kiaboo1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pure witchcraft! Seriously, this serum has given me visible results in a short amount of time. I'm in my mid 30's and starting to notice some changes on my face, most notably the "11" lines. It's not yet an actual wrinkle or deep, it's more like a depression between my eyes, like someone pressed their thumb there. It really annoys me when I take pictures and see that indentation between my eyes. I thought I'd get on the ball and try to prevent any lines from forming by faithfully using Tretinoin and this serum. I'm happy to report that the "depression-pre-wrinkle-thing" between my eyes is less deep! I almost can't believe my own eyes!

A little background on my skincare: I've been using tretinoin off and on since I was 25 years old (for acne), so almost 10 years and various antioxidant serums since the age of 30. I am CONVINCED had I not used it, I would have deep set "11" lines between my eyes (my kids drive me nuts!). But apparently, tretinoin isn't enough on its own; you also NEED antioxidants to complement it. This is where Skinceuticals CE Ferulic comes in. I just wish I had started using it in my 20's!

I have used many antioxidant serums, but this one seems to be the best. It has a water like texture and absorbs into the skin completely without residue. It does make my skin somewhat oily, but nothing a little mattifying moisturizer can't fix. I am very acne prone, but haven't broken out from this. It doesn't tingle or irritate my sensitive skin. I'm seeing more even and taut skin. It smells *exactly* like hotdogs, but it dissipates as soon as it absorbs into the skin. I use it every morning underneath my sunscreen and, of course, use my tretinoin at night!

Here's my Regimen at the moment:
A.M.
Cleanser: Alpha Hydrox Nourishing face wash (cleanse at least 1.5-2 minutes)
Tone: Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion (applied with a cotton round in circular motions)
Serum: Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (3-4 drops on face, neck and chest. Wait 15 minutes)
Moisturizer: Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream (Pea sized amount on face and chest)
SPF: EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 on face, neck, and chest

P.M.

Cleanser: Pond's Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser
Toner: Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion (Tones and moisturizes my oily skin. Gently pat in to face with hands. Don't use cotton round. wait 20-30 minutes)
Repair: Generic Tretinion cream .05% (Apply pea sized amount to face and chest)

If you're 20 something and reading this, please start using this antioxidant serum, a sunscreen, and tretinoin. It'll save your skin. But if you're like me and in your 30's, it's not too late. The damage isn't so severe that it can't be undone. I'm not sure how well this works on deep set wrinkles, but on my early signs of aging it works great! It's expensive, but it works so it's not a waste of money. I will continue to buy this despite the high cost.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I can't comment on results because two weeks after using this my skin broke out really horribly - and I don't normally breakout from many skincare products and always introduce them one at a time, but this caused lumpy bumpy skin that I could not even cover with heavy foundation. I hated the texture - oily, tacky and slick like loosened phlegm - not exactly nice to apply. It smelled incredibly foul as well, and the smell lingered. I thought to pass this on to my sister, who wanted to try it despite my warnings (and has drier skin) but 2 weeks later when she opened it to use, it was already darker and somehow became an even greasier mess. She said it made her face oily. She tried it a total of 2-3 times and broke out too - so be careful no matter what your skin type is, and patch-test this before using it on your whole face. I returned this to the spa where I had bought it from.

I know the CF Phlorectin is recommended for oilier skin but I'm not going to pay over $100 for a vial of what is basically bathtub gin (denatured alcohol is the 3rd ingredient, the first 3-4 ingredients make up the majority of a composition). I can't even understand how a company that claims to be serious about skincare could sell such poorly formulated garbage. I did receive a sample vial of it - it smelled like something was "burning" and my skin became really red upon application, and then finally became flaky, some areas even crusting over - and of course, after such a terrible reaction I had to look up the ingredients. My skin doesn't do well with high alcohol products (fine with witch hazel/toners/serums around 15% alcohol more or less, but once it gets higher my skin gets very reactive, also depends on formula so I just try to avoid now - if you do not have this issue with SD/denatured alcohols the products may work fine for you). In addition to the serums, I've tried several full-size SkinCeuticals products, from sunscreens to moisturisers, and they ALL caused breakouts (and so they sit on my shelf unused, being overpriced dust collectors) so I don't want to try out anything else. I'm not sure why - but sadly not a single product has worked out well for me from SkinCeuticals.

I know this works for some people, it's a good formula ingredient-wise that many seem to get good results from, but I dislike the texture, in addition to the breakouts - and of course it is overpriced. For me, I've found PC's C15 which is 1/3 the cost with similar (but not the same) ingredients, yet no breakouts or clogged pores after 2 months use, no foul odours, with a light water-y texture and pleasant to apply - and the results (glowing clear skin) are great and I get compliments on my skin all the time.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No