August 22, 2014 | 1720 users online

Treatments (Face) - Skinceuticals - C E Ferulic

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like or dislike this product. It simply didn't improve my skin at all. My skin didn't feel or look better. For the cost of this product, I need Skinceuticals to deliver something hence the low rating.

I will however add that I do have fairly good skin and I'm on a regular regimen of Retina and hydroxy acids, and Vitamin C. I discontinued the Vitamin C and added the Skinceuticals but as mentioned before noticed no difference.

If the product were less expensive, I might have purchased another bottle of it but for the price it wasn't worth continuing to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by deepsid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SIMPLY THE VERY BEST.MAKES YOU GLOW AND MINIMISES FINE LINES.please look up my review on anew genics for my now HG routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ursulak

BEWARE of this product!!!! I have used vitamin c all over my face for years & love the results that it gives. However, this product caused dryness under my eye area and actually burned the skin below my eyes. Now I have extra lines and creases under my eyes & will be promptly returning this product after using it for only one week. I believe there are chemicals in this product that cause inflammation and burning on tender areas of skin. If anyone can recommend a solution to my new "problem" of extra lines under my eyes I would love to hear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by naomi9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is truly amazing. My skin started looking really dull and uneven so I got a facial. The esthetician used this and other skinceuticals on my skin. She gave me a sample of CE Ferulic to take home. Within a week, my skin is glowing, is even, and the horizontal lines along my neck are less noticeable. I went to Sephora today and the person helping asked me if I had foundation on. I said no, and she said "wow, you have really nice skin." I was just wearing CE Ferulic and sunscreen on top!

I also started using this on my legs which have had terrible hyperpigmentation for years (from scars). I swear, it's almost gone!! I have tried everything and I'm finally not embarrassed of my legs. Crazy.

It's very expensive, and yeah it does smell stinky, but it works. I'll keep buying. Also, I wouldn't buy from Ebay because you could get counterfeit stuff. The skinstore has some good deals.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

please change the packaging, with so much antioxidants i do not understand why skinceuticals does not make an airtight/airless pump packaging....boggles my mind. u got everything right with the ingredient but packaging to preserve it...

I'm only 23 and just started using this as preventive, so i cannot comment on the effects, but i will probably continuing using this for life to prevent aging.

my only complaint is the packaging and price.. oh the smell isn't roses and butter but its tolerable and you get use to it

my day time routine:

skinceuticals CE ferulic --> skinceuticals B5 gel --> Vaishaly night cream --> skinceuticals sheer fusion SPF 50

hopefully, i will age well haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This stuff is amazing! I'm 57 and my skins not bad as I have been into skincare since my early 20's.However aging is inevitable. I've recently(maybe for about a year) been bothered with some redness on my cheeks. it looks like broken capillaries but to be honest I'm not sure what it is or what caused it.I've used loads of products ,Peter thomas Roth retinol fusion pm, olay regenerist regenerating fragrance free serum, a vit c serum by Keihls so my skin is used to vit C, and several serums by Paula's choice, one of which is also a vit c product.They are all good products. I've not been using them to treat the redness in particular , just to keep my skin in good condition overall. In comes Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. I actually bought this to boost my sunscreen as it's supposed to be a great addition with a sunscreen and to fight the effects of free radical damage.This has a high amount of Vit C plus ferulic acid.Well I kid you not after only three days using this (mornings only as recommended) my redness has virtually disappeared.I keep looking in the mirror to see if it's true.Overall my skin seems to be glowing, pores smaller, just so much more even toned and like I say my skin was not bad before using this.I can't wait to see the long term effects! I even use this around eyes with no irritation.As for the smell, so what, it's natural ingredients and it dosen't linger anyway. It dosen't bother me. Far better that than added perfumes which smell "nice" but are no more than irritants. Fragrance is not skin care, good ingredients are.This stuffs not cheap, but I don't care if these are the results! There are so many "skin care" products out there that are just a waste of money but I really feel this is worth the splurge as it WORKS! I'm not crazy about the packaging for this, I would have preferred a pump as Vit C must be protected from air and light.But I just open and close it as quickly as possible and store in a cool dark place. A word of warning When I first purchased this I got a trial sample off E Bay. But it WAS NOT fresh! It was a browny orange colour(I just chucked it) When I reordered from effortless skin who I deal with often and trust it was clear, almost transparent. that's the way it should be.These little sample vials seem a good idea as you're not opening a large amount of product each time but if it's not fresh it's pointless.This product like everything else may not work for everyone.But I'm sure chuffed to bits with it! Honestly, invest in this, it's money well spent!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by PinkyPriss

After a week my skin is younger-looking and appears to be healthier. My wrinkles have softened around my forehead. My skin feels firmer and significantly more elastic. The biggest benefit of using this serum is that it is providing me with the ultimate protection that will help prevent future skin damage and fight the signs of aging. Many users have reported getting tons of complements on their skin complexion and tone after using this serum. I read on the ConsumerSearch website, that this serum does not "contain as large an assortment of good-for-skin ingredients as Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum, Fragrance Free." I will probably have to compare those two myself. Still, this is a great option for a Vitamin C product and contains a hefty amount of the antioxidant, 15%.

I recommend buying the travel size. It is more value for money. Plus the product remains fresh longer since each vile will be exposed to less amounts of air.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by beautysnob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Read about this on a beauty website and how it's very essential to add vitamin C to your skincare regimen. I was taken aback from the smell at first, smells like raw bacon. Scent does go away after I apply Phyto plus. It's been only a month of using, however my skin seems more supple and antioxidant is great for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by fadedgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely stunning results from the first use, and it keeps getting better. So strange to find a product that actually has a true effect that you can see. This makes my skin look absolutely amazing everyday, and I love that it assists my sunscreen. My hyperpigmentation is almost gone after using this, my pores are small, my skin glows.

I can't believe all the complaints about the scent. The scent disappears the moment you put it on, don't let that dissuade you from the great results you can get from this product. If you find it to be sticky, you've put way too much on. Apply the correct amount, it sinks in instantly and is gone.

Will never be without it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by celticcavegirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product, as I've been a fan of Skinceuticals for a while...a good strong antioxidant serum, with brightening, with ferrulic acid to stabilise the vitamin C

Pros
- if your skin can tolerate it, it's a proven anti-oxidant and brightener
- absorbs easily
- nice-looking packaging

Cons
- I tried and tried to get my skin 'used' to this serum, but it just didn't work. I do have quite sensitive skin but I can tolerant things like retin A, AHA and BHA products - but this stuff just broke me out in eczema
- the price - you can get similar products for a much much lower price.
- stability - even if you keep this in the fridge, after 3 months it is going to start breaking down, particularly as you have to open the bottle every time you use it. However a bottle usually would last longer than 3 months