April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Powder - Kevyn Aucoin - The Gossamer Loose Powder in Diaphanous

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:45:00 AM More reviews by KrazyKiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this powder. It's not dry or chalky nor does it have any annoying shimmer that some powders have, which defeats the point of the powder IMO. It is finely milled and the color is a beautiful transculent shade that's on the pale side without being too white or too yellow. And the packaging is gorgeous! KA has one of the most elegant designs I've ever seen. It's a small lucite jar in his signature burgundy. The powder sits in a pot that is suspended in a clear container. It's a little work of art that would look great on my vanity, but it actually fits in my make-up bag. My only gripe is the small sponge that is included. A puff would've been better, but I use KA's powder brush to apply anyway. Yeah, it's very expensive, but it outperforms other expensive high-end powders so who cares?!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by ankaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Iím surprised by rather mediocre ratings of this powder. I got it in swap and love it so far. I use it as a finishing powder to set my liquid or cream foundation. It does the job beautifully. Makes my skin look finished and flawless. It also makes it soft so keep touching my face, which isnít a good thing. LOL
I just discovered GA fluid bronzers and blushes. Sometimes I forget to apply them before the powder so I do it after. It doesnít cake or smear when I do it.
It is expensive ($62) but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by lmande

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. It sinks into your skin flawlessly with no hint at all of chalkiness. I don't use the foam rubber puff though - I use a chunky face brush and buff it all over my face. If there are pore clogging ingredients in this my skin doesn't seem to mind because my complexion has been velvety and flawless with continuous, daily use of this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I never expected to hate a Kevyn Aucoin product! I was so excited to get to try this product out, only to be sadly disappointed! I have never hated a Kevyn Aucoin product and consider his line as a whole to be one of the best out there unfortunately as far as powder goes this is one of the worst!
I have VERY Fair sensitive/combo/acne prone skin with yellow undertones. The Diapanous is a very pale translucent fleshtone. It's pretty much a typical translucent powder color that is made to work well with most skintones because it doesn't deposit color. As far as the texture of the powder, this is very lightweight and finely milled but not more so than other lines. The major problem with this product is the ingredients list. Acne central!! The main ingredient in this powder is talc which can irritate the skin and be occlusive. The second ingredient is corn starch! Corn starch?? No reason to pay $60 for talc and corn starch! Shortly following those two ingredients is Isoprpyl Myristate. EEEK! Isopropyl myristate is a major pore clogger. Dermatologists and skincare professionals constantly disagree about what clogs pores but this ingredient is agreed upon by EVERYONE! This WILL clog your pores, no maybe's about it. The ingredients in this powder are so mundane and of low quality that I dont' understand the $60 price tag. I will definitely spend lots of money on cosmetics and have no problem doing so but this powder is just a waste of money and a waste of perfectly good skin. Steer clear of this stuff unless you want a broken out mess on your face. I love, love, love, kevyn's other products and all things Kevyn but this product is horrific. I'm sorry but it really is.

Ingredients:
Talc, Corn Starch, Polyethylene, Silica, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, Sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, MAY CONTAIN: Iron oxides Cl 77491/Cl 77492/Cl77499, chromium oxide greens Cl 77288

16 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No