December 18, 2014 | 1605 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - Testimo Shining Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by JeanM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really good eye-liner. It leaves a lovely clean line and stays put for the day.
I have the brown version, I'm blonde with green eyes and find that black eye-line is just too severe on me.
The only trick is to shake well before applying as the colour sometimes needs to be mixed and it's a more intense colour when shaken. Will definitely re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 2:41:00 AM More reviews by seba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have a love-hate relationship with this eyeliner. I got VI-03 a beautiful dark purple with silver shimmers. Sometimes I can get bold clean shimmery line with this and sometimes it's just watery sheer messy line. I really2 want to like this so I experiment a lot, and I found out that the best trick is to put it on hot water for few minutes then shake it. I line my eyes with pencil liner first then DAB, don't drag, the liner bit by bit. It took few minutes longer to do this but the result is oh so worth it! The shimmers are very pretty and perfectly balanced with the purple shade. It's also longlasting. I bought this about 6 months ago and didn't get the other shades because I wasn't satisfied with it, but now that I found the trick I'm gonna get the black one as well!! Costs about USD17 here.
Updated: Just stock up on the black AND brown one, I'm addicted to this brand :)!!! The brown shade is too pretty, I never saw this shade in other line before.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2006 1:24:00 AM More reviews by annypooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I must admit, I'm a little bit disappointed. The color VI03 is a beautiful purple with fine glitters, but the eyeliner applies quite unevenly. The brush draws two lines above and below where the brush applies, and everytime I have to go back to fill in the middle part. It is not as bad over powder eyeshadows, but pretty bad over liquid/cream eyeshadows. I really wanted to like this :X Around $12US

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 12:38:00 AM More reviews by cisyc

This is the best liquid eyeliner that I have ever come across. I have them in all 3 colors - charcoal black, deep purple and burgundy. The shimmers (the maquilage one has larger shimmers) in it are so fine and beautiful. The felt-tip applicator is the best among all other brands (I was an idiot in liquid eyelining before this) and the price is reasonable. I have already stock up one more in purple and will definitely purchase the other shades again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by happybunny888

I love this eyeliner. Yet again t'estimo never lets us down.I have the shining eyeliner in BR-27, a lovely brown colour with sparkling fine flecks on it, I often wear this during the day and it looks very natural.Out of all the eyeliner I have used, I really like this overall product especially the applicator tip, the tip is very fine to draw the most precise line you could require,you could also bend the tip slightly to draw a more thicker line for a more dramatic look.This eyeliner is very versatile to use.

The color is quite sheer,so i usually do my line slowly, so more color would build up on to my eyelids, and this usually works.
theres even a fake jewel on top of the handle and the overall pen is in brown with a silver handle, and also color depends on what colour you choose to buy.I would definetely buy this item again.Price is relatively cheap for an outstanding eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 5:02:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To my knowledge Shining Eyeliner is a newly released product (for spring or summer 2005). Itīs a liquid eyeliner with a felt-tip applicator. It has a long handle so you will find it easy to apply it to your eyes. There is even a little fake Jewel on top of the handle which looks really cute.

There are 3 colors: Black, Brown and Purple. I have only Purple, but will get Brown next week (Will update when it comes).

The e/l is rather sheer, so it takes me around 2-3 layers to get the intensity I desire. But application is a breeze, I get an even line without any hassle and thatīs why I really like this e/l. It is not as shining/shimmery as you might imagine after reading the name. It has subtle shimmer which is really pretty. Overall Iīd recommend for people who like a subtle, rather sheer eyeliner. I donīt know if black would be more opaque though!

NW15, cool PPP
***UPDATE*** The brown eyeliner is a dark chocolate brown with copper/bronze shimmer. This eyeliner is really shimmery and looks very pretty so spice up a neutral eye look.

UPDATE: After about 1 month the liner started to separate (ie means liquid from the color) even with shaking the heck out of it there was only water coming out. Really disgusting. After like half an hour of shaking it I applied a watery line to my eyes and it burned like hell. I would not purchase the liner again!
continued >>