Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer - Natural

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (w/w 7.7%), Octinoxate (w/w 3%), Avobenzone (w/w 1%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua/Eau), Talc, Butylene Glycol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearic Acid, Mica, Glyceryl Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sodium Laureth-4 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Triethanolamine, Xantham Gum, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have gone through many tubes of this, as I like very light coverage and an all in one product (moisturizer, sunscreen, cover up). WnW changed the formula on this about a year ago, and while I still like it, it's not as good as it was, in that it doesn't have as much coverage and is not as mattifying. However, for the great price and packaging (love squeeze tubes), I continue to use this, set with a powder of course (Covergirl's Oil Control). The colors changed as well, and now they appear lighter in the bottle and then dry about 1-2 shades darker, so keep that in mind when selecting a shade. I am around an NC25 and this shade (Natural) works well for me. I buff this out with a dense flat top, and the finish is natural, not greasy at all, which is an important quality for a gal with oily skin. I figure, why pay more for sheer coverage when I can just use this.

on 4/23/2015 11:30:00 AM

I purchased this awhile ago and loved it, but had a hard time finding it again. Ive tried others but they're either too sheer or greasy or something i don't like. I recently bought this on ebay and I'm glad i did. Its perfect for me. Nice small bottle, great price..like 4 bucks , covers just enough.

on 2/10/2015 5:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the color only. I have written a review on the tinted moisturizer itself under (all shades).
I love this tinted moisturizer and have tried all of the shades but natural has a gray tint to it. I found better shades in this line.

on 7/6/2014 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently went to the drugstore and stocked up on every wet 'n' wild product imaginable to revamp my makeup bag and I picked up this tinted moisturizer. I noticed that wet 'n' wild doesn't make a primer for foundation so I decided to try and use this as a substitute. I never got to put my foundation on top because I was so horrified by the results. I bought this in shade natural so it did in fact match my skin tone. This was terribly streaky and dried out very quick so it was impossible to blend. I decided to add another dab of product to cover up the bare spots on my face I missed the first time around and my face came out waaaaaay darker this time. My face still wasn't covered completely and I looked like I changed three races it was so dark after just two layers. I tried blending and the product rubbed off my face entirely. I got really fed up and just wiped off everything with a towel and used my L'Oreal primer and put my wet 'n' wild foundation on. On the plus side this product did provide good coverage (on the spots that weren't blotchy and streaky of course) but I will definitely NOT buy this again. It also had a really strange sunscreen and toxic chemical smell to it. Oh well, at least it was only three bucks at my local walgreens.

on 5/8/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this tinted moisturizer last night at Walgreens. I did test it on my wrist before buying but couldn't find a mirror to test the color on my face. When I got home, I tested the product on my cheek. The color looks like a match when wet, but it dries quite tan looking on my fair skin. It's kind of a bummer to buy something that is not the right color, but maybe I will be able to use it this summer. At the very least, I have a new body makeup. The texture is satiny, more coverage than I was expecting for a TM. It doesn't seem oily but it does really "set" on skin and is hard to blend afterwards. I may combine this with a moisturizer and see how I like it. At $4, no great loss.

on 7/28/2013 8:05:00 PM

Every time I find a great TM it gets discontinued. I loved Clinique Almost Makeup, and it was my HG for years, but Clinique decided to discontinue it. Then I found Avon Ideal Shade TM. I liked it too, but it was also discontinued. Avon is notorious for doing that. I saw the reviews for this product and decided to go ahead and give it a shot since it was so inexpensive. I like plenty of DS products, but I had never even considered using a Wet & Wild foundation. I thought it had to be crap. Anyway....I tried it and was moderately impressed. The shade is nice - not too ashy and not too orange. However, it did oxidize a little throughout the day. The coverage is good, but application can be tricky. You must make a little extra effort to blend it well.
Although I'm in my mid-forties I still have somewhat oily skin and I occasionally get a few pimples. This product does feel a little heavier on my skin than other TMs I've used, but so far it hasn't caused breakouts.
Overall a good, inexpensive find.
Although It may be a YMMV thing, the type of mineral oil used in skin care products is not comedogenic according to the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.

on 7/27/2013 7:51:00 PM

My skin is oily and this is the first time I've ever liked liquid makeup. This leaves skin dewy, so I finish with powder. I use Palladia dual wet dry in "everlasting tan" from Sally's, formulated with rice powder which is great for absorbing oil. To combat shine, don't leave home without Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral SPF 30 which I buy from Amazon. Love the container that's perfect to throw in your purse.

on 6/2/2013 4:45:00 PM

Decent product for the price. I stopped using bottled foundation a little over a year ago, as I had been using liquid powder. When that ran out, I saw this at Rite-Aid for $4 and decided to give it a try. It matches my skin tone quite well, although there is some orangeness. I like the fact that it has SPF, but I rated it a 3 overall because it is not very moisturizing. I would repurchase though.

on 5/24/2013 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wanted a tinted moisturizer to wear on days I didn't feel like wearing makeup, yet I still wanted to even out my skin tone. This "tinted moisturizer" doesn't have a wide variety of shades. I'm pretty fair-skinned and this was the lightest one I could find. I've applied it with my fingers each time I used it. Putting it on initially, it has a light brown/beige tint to it. Like reviewers before me, it oxidized and turned my face orange almost instantly. I ask you, Wet N' Wild, who really has orange skin? It doesn't feel like a moisturizer, more like a lightly sticky foundation that doesn't cover any red or imperfections and it doesn't even skin tone, it only turns you orange. It's rather thick-feeling, and I'm pretty aware that I have this on my face at all times, especially when outside in the heat. It goes on somewhat like paint, and doesn't blend very well. It always seems uneven and streaky since it sets rather quickly. It stinks like cheap old school Cover Girl liquid foundation, (you know the one, the triangular glass bottle that was like $3). Wet N' Wild is a hit or miss kind of brand, and this one is certainly a miss. I'm glad it was only $2.

I really love how this makes my face even & dewy. Although its comodogenic, meaning it s pore clogging. It contains MINERAL OIL. So if u have acneic or combination skin, I don't recommend.