April 21, 2014 | 847 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer - Natural

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Every time I find a great TM it gets discontinued. I loved Clinique Almost Makeup, but after several good years Clinique decided to discontinue it. Then I found Avon Ideal Shade TM. I liked it too, but it was also discontinued. Avon is notorious for doing that. I saw the reviews for this product and almost couldn't believe it. I like plenty of DS products, but I had never even considered using a Wet & Wild foundation. I thought it had to be crap. Anyway....I decided to try it and was pleasantly astounded by how good it looked. The shade is perfect - not too ashy and not too orange. It's better than Avon and equal to Clinique. It gives just the right amount of coverage and applies smoothly and evenly with a makeup sponge. It isn't streaky and it doesn't settle into lines or break me out. Although I'm in my mid-forties I still have somewhat oily skin and I occasionally get a few pimples.
Amazing inexpensive find. This is why I love product reviews on MUA. I've found several little gems like this.
Although It may be a YMMV thing, the type of mineral oil used in skin care products is not comedogenic according to the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by LeeVogt

My skin is oily and this is the first time I've ever liked liquid makeup. This leaves skin dewy, so I finish with powder. I use Palladia dual wet dry in "everlasting tan" from Sally's, formulated with rice powder which is great for absorbing oil. To combat shine, don't leave home without Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral SPF 30 which I buy from Amazon. Love the container that's perfect to throw in your purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by movinon2013

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Decent product for the price. I stopped using bottled foundation a little over a year ago, as I had been using liquid powder. When that ran out, I saw this at Rite-Aid for $4 and decided to give it a try. It matches my skin tone quite well, although there is some orangeness. I like the fact that it has SPF, but I rated it a 3 overall because it is not very moisturizing. I would repurchase though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a tinted moisturizer to wear on days I didn't feel like wearing makeup, yet I still wanted to even out my skin tone. This "tinted moisturizer" doesn't have a wide variety of shades. I'm pretty fair-skinned and this was the lightest one I could find. I've applied it with my fingers each time I used it. Putting it on initially, it has a light brown/beige tint to it. Like reviewers before me, it oxidized and turned my face orange almost instantly. I ask you, Wet N' Wild, who really has orange skin? It doesn't feel like a moisturizer, more like a lightly sticky foundation that doesn't cover any red or imperfections and it doesn't even skin tone, it only turns you orange. It's rather thick-feeling, and I'm pretty aware that I have this on my face at all times, especially when outside in the heat. It goes on somewhat like paint, and doesn't blend very well. It always seems uneven and streaky since it sets rather quickly. It stinks like cheap old school Cover Girl liquid foundation, (you know the one, the triangular glass bottle that was like $3). Wet N' Wild is a hit or miss kind of brand, and this one is certainly a miss. I'm glad it was only $2.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Esthetician91

I really love how this makes my face even & dewy. Although its comodogenic, meaning it s pore clogging. It contains MINERAL OIL. So if u have acneic or combination skin, I don't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ohemeffgee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was a surprising cheap thrill for me. I have oily, oily, OILYYYY skin that's prone to clogs and acne, so I generally do better with foundations marketed as mattifying, or, well, blotting every half hour, but my skin seemed to like this. Very sheer, natural, my skin but better coverage, great for the summer. I apply with a stippling brush in thin, even layers and set with powder. Natural is a good match for my NC25 skin. The formula wears evenly throughout the day, and as long as I'm diligent about keeping the shine under control, this one's a winner. It also doesn't accentuate flakes, break me out, or make me even more oily. Bottom line, it's competent and effective at an extremely low price point. I'd gladly pick up another if I ever run out for those low coverage, lazy summer days.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by KaatFlores

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer for a long time and happened to run into this one at a Rite Aid near my house , I couldnt say no to the price so I bought it and will NEVER repurchase this item again. This tinted moisturizer goes on super streaky no matter what you use to apply it (sponge,brush,hands, etc). It has a weird orange muddy undertone and the smell resembles that of Elmer's glue. This product is HORRIBLE , will never repurchase again. Not a fan of Wet N Wild , this is one of those products that aren't worth your couple spare dollars.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

I compare this product with Urban Decay Naked Skin. no joke.
well, it doesn't really cover everything, hence the name.
but it is a decent tinted moisturizer with some perks that would attract people whose skin is leaning to the oily side, like me.

I'm NC 25 with strong yellow undertone, and when i squeezed this TM onto my finger, i thought 'okay, this is wayyy tooo dark, too beige'.
coverage : sheer.
texture versus packaging : the tube is so tiny, i think. and the texture is too thin, so extra careful when you squeeze the tube.
color matching : as I said before, the color out from the tube : too dark, too beige. on my skin : blends in nicely.
and why is this?
it doesn't oxidize, or wear off throughout the day; i have combination skin, and this stays put on my face. and it dries pretty quick too. not that much coverage though, but i'd rather wear a real foundation to do that job. this product is decent & good enough for me doing some errands or things like that.
it's cheap as well, and it doesn't break me out.
3 bucks. do the exact same thing with UD naked skin.
think of that.

**UPDATE**
oh this thing is way better than UD naked skin.
UD naked skin = transferred everywhere [at least that happens with my case]
WnW = it stays put.

i took one lippie because of the smell. this thing smells a wee bit weird.but that's all i have to complain about.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've not had good luck with wet and wild brand. This broke out my skin and looks splotchy on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When I saw this product at Walgreens for the price, I had to have it. I'm on Accutane at the moment and my skin can never get enough moisturizer. In my opinion, this product is better than NARS TM. When applied with your fingers, it's more moisturizing and has better coverage. Unfortunately, it is very shiny, almost greasy looking, and it does need to be set with powder. I use MAC Studio Fix powder lightly all over my face and it looks great. No, it isn't water-resistant, but it doesn't claim to be. Good for use in winter when skin is driest. For dry skinned girls not needing a whole lot of help with their skin, this is a great option. Oily skinned girls, this is definitely not for you.

EDIT: After using this product a couple times, I actually started to notice how bad it oxidizes. The color Beige looked perfect when I swatched it on my hand before I bought it, but after putting it on my face I noticed that it turned more orange than before. I can't believe I didn't notice it before, but it's there. And even putting my perfect match powder over top doesn't help. It's a good product, but beware of it oxidizing. Won't repurchase.