December 19, 2014 | 1551 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Sheer Tinted Moisturizer - Natural

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Araquel

I recently went to the drugstore and stocked up on every wet 'n' wild product imaginable to revamp my makeup bag and I picked up this tinted moisturizer. I noticed that wet 'n' wild doesn't make a primer for foundation so I decided to try and use this as a substitute. I never got to put my foundation on top because I was so horrified by the results. I bought this in shade natural so it did in fact match my skin tone. This was terribly streaky and dried out very quick so it was impossible to blend. I decided to add another dab of product to cover up the bare spots on my face I missed the first time around and my face came out waaaaaay darker this time. My face still wasn't covered completely and I looked like I changed three races it was so dark after just two layers. I tried blending and the product rubbed off my face entirely. I got really fed up and just wiped off everything with a towel and used my L'Oreal primer and put my wet 'n' wild foundation on. On the plus side this product did provide good coverage (on the spots that weren't blotchy and streaky of course) but I will definitely NOT buy this again. It also had a really strange sunscreen and toxic chemical smell to it. Oh well, at least it was only three bucks at my local walgreens.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by chiTrex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this tinted moisturizer last night at Walgreens. I did test it on my wrist before buying but couldn't find a mirror to test the color on my face. When I got home, I tested the product on my cheek. The color looks like a match when wet, but it dries quite tan looking on my fair skin. It's kind of a bummer to buy something that is not the right color, but maybe I will be able to use it this summer. At the very least, I have a new body makeup. The texture is satiny, more coverage than I was expecting for a TM. It doesn't seem oily but it does really "set" on skin and is hard to blend afterwards. I may combine this with a moisturizer and see how I like it. At $4, no great loss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Every time I find a great TM it gets discontinued. I loved Clinique Almost Makeup, but after several good years Clinique decided to discontinue it. Then I found Avon Ideal Shade TM. I liked it too, but it was also discontinued. Avon is notorious for doing that. I saw the reviews for this product and almost couldn't believe it. I like plenty of DS products, but I had never even considered using a Wet & Wild foundation. I thought it had to be crap. Anyway....I decided to try it and was pleasantly astounded by how good it looked. The shade is perfect - not too ashy and not too orange. It's better than Avon and equal to Clinique. It gives just the right amount of coverage and applies smoothly and evenly with a makeup sponge. It isn't streaky and it doesn't settle into lines or break me out. Although I'm in my mid-forties I still have somewhat oily skin and I occasionally get a few pimples.
Amazing inexpensive find. This is why I love product reviews on MUA. I've found several little gems like this.
Although It may be a YMMV thing, the type of mineral oil used in skin care products is not comedogenic according to the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by LeeVogt

My skin is oily and this is the first time I've ever liked liquid makeup. This leaves skin dewy, so I finish with powder. I use Palladia dual wet dry in "everlasting tan" from Sally's, formulated with rice powder which is great for absorbing oil. To combat shine, don't leave home without Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral SPF 30 which I buy from Amazon. Love the container that's perfect to throw in your purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by movinon2013

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Decent product for the price. I stopped using bottled foundation a little over a year ago, as I had been using liquid powder. When that ran out, I saw this at Rite-Aid for $4 and decided to give it a try. It matches my skin tone quite well, although there is some orangeness. I like the fact that it has SPF, but I rated it a 3 overall because it is not very moisturizing. I would repurchase though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a tinted moisturizer to wear on days I didn't feel like wearing makeup, yet I still wanted to even out my skin tone. This "tinted moisturizer" doesn't have a wide variety of shades. I'm pretty fair-skinned and this was the lightest one I could find. I've applied it with my fingers each time I used it. Putting it on initially, it has a light brown/beige tint to it. Like reviewers before me, it oxidized and turned my face orange almost instantly. I ask you, Wet N' Wild, who really has orange skin? It doesn't feel like a moisturizer, more like a lightly sticky foundation that doesn't cover any red or imperfections and it doesn't even skin tone, it only turns you orange. It's rather thick-feeling, and I'm pretty aware that I have this on my face at all times, especially when outside in the heat. It goes on somewhat like paint, and doesn't blend very well. It always seems uneven and streaky since it sets rather quickly. It stinks like cheap old school Cover Girl liquid foundation, (you know the one, the triangular glass bottle that was like $3). Wet N' Wild is a hit or miss kind of brand, and this one is certainly a miss. I'm glad it was only $2.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Esthetician91

I really love how this makes my face even & dewy. Although its comodogenic, meaning it s pore clogging. It contains MINERAL OIL. So if u have acneic or combination skin, I don't recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by KaatFlores

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer for a long time and happened to run into this one at a Rite Aid near my house , I couldnt say no to the price so I bought it and will NEVER repurchase this item again. This tinted moisturizer goes on super streaky no matter what you use to apply it (sponge,brush,hands, etc). It has a weird orange muddy undertone and the smell resembles that of Elmer's glue. This product is HORRIBLE , will never repurchase again. Not a fan of Wet N Wild , this is one of those products that aren't worth your couple spare dollars.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

I compare this product with Urban Decay Naked Skin. no joke.
well, it doesn't really cover everything, hence the name.
but it is a decent tinted moisturizer with some perks that would attract people whose skin is leaning to the oily side, like me.

I'm NC 25 with strong yellow undertone, and when i squeezed this TM onto my finger, i thought 'okay, this is wayyy tooo dark, too beige'.
coverage : sheer.
texture versus packaging : the tube is so tiny, i think. and the texture is too thin, so extra careful when you squeeze the tube.
color matching : as I said before, the color out from the tube : too dark, too beige. on my skin : blends in nicely.
and why is this?
it doesn't oxidize, or wear off throughout the day; i have combination skin, and this stays put on my face. and it dries pretty quick too. not that much coverage though, but i'd rather wear a real foundation to do that job. this product is decent & good enough for me doing some errands or things like that.
it's cheap as well, and it doesn't break me out.
3 bucks. do the exact same thing with UD naked skin.
think of that.

**UPDATE**
oh this thing is way better than UD naked skin.
UD naked skin = transferred everywhere [at least that happens with my case]
WnW = it stays put.

i took one lippie because of the smell. this thing smells a wee bit weird.but that's all i have to complain about.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've not had good luck with wet and wild brand. This broke out my skin and looks splotchy on my skin.