December 18, 2014 | 992 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Irreelle Duo in Orient-Express

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Ayurini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways..

Makes my eyes look lovely & fresh, perfect color combination, can be used on any occasions, very pigmented, glides easily so no harm for the delicate eyelids, and lasts all-day long.. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

This e/s quad is plush and silky and looks so glamorous on because it is so richly pigmented.These two colors and a black eye pencil are all you need for an instant smokey eye! I love the small compact which is so easy to slip into a suitcase instead of having to lug my mac shadows around. Use this quad with lots of coal black mascara and you're good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by heartbeeps

Fabulous colors! This is gorgeous.
I have used this type of blueish purple in shadows before, & it compliments my greyish blue eyes perfectly.
The pink is an adorable highlighting color too! & Chanel quilted packaging... can't be cuter.
But the shadow does get all over the container inside, & it is quite small for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by chloie9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Stunning color combination for green or hazel eyes-I am fair/medium with brown hair and hazel eyes and these shades (soft pink, purple) really bring out the green in my eyes. I like to wear this with Chanel's Berry liner for a soft purple smokey eye-as mentioned in the previous review this was the eyeshadow used in Natalie Portman's 2009 Oscar look (with a pink Rodarte dress) and it worked beautifully with her brown eyes too...the quality of these shadows are superb and if I am not mistaken these Irreelle duos are soon to be discontinued, so if you want this duo don't wait on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by HeidiV

I really like this eyeshadow. After seeing Natalie Portman wearing this combo as smoky look to the Oscar 2009, I had to have it. And boy, it didn't disappoint me. Works great with my brown eyes and fair skin. You can create a subtle smoky for day and layer on heavier for night look. Powder blends really well and lasts all day. I'm getting Chanel duo in other colors :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by danapop

A very lovely combo - while the pink is nothing special, the purple is really nice and long lasting. Unfortulately there was some white powder around the purple shadow and I suspect that my eyes got irritated (either because of that weird powder or the shadow itself). After some months of using the shadows now and then I just threw the combo...sob*sob*...I don't think I'll ever buy again Chanel shadows - even if they are of a quite decent quality they are WAY too overrated...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2007 11:06:00 AM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based on a Chanel MA's recommendation for something to highlight my hazel eyes (for reference, PPP, NC15, brown hair). I usually shy away from pinks for eye shadow, but even in the pan, these colors both looked interesting and wearable. This duo is very beautiful! The quilting of the shadows and the luxurious packaging doesn't hurt, either...lol.The pink is very soft in color and texture, and very wearable. The purple shade is a multidimensional blue-purple, and it didn't give me a bruised look that so many purples have before! The combination of the two colors made for a lovely, mysterious smokey eye. The colors had great lasting power (I used them over UDPP) and stayed fresh even through a humid evening spent outdoors. This, with Chanel Black Jade eyeliner, made my eyes look absolutely beautiful! I would definitely repurchase, and I'm interested in adding to my Chanel collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2006 8:18:00 AM More reviews by jjuang

Absolutely beautiful color. The blue tinted purple looks wonderful on. You can play up the look by applying the purple color with your finger tip. It gives you a more dramatic look. Alternatively, you can apply it w/ a brush for a day time look. This purple is like no others! It won't make your eyes look bruised like other plum/dark purple colors no matter how light or heavy you put on. thumbs up, will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Chanel eyeshadows are amongst the best in the world, imho even better than MAC's (don't take my word for it since I haven't tried Veluxe Pearl). I got these from a friend, and the colours are wonderful, even better than I thought. I'm NC30, blonde-brunette, green eyes. I read the reviews here, and I don't find the pink to be too "pink" or bright at all, in fact I have very little of it left since I use it so much, and the darker shade is almost intact. On my eyes it looks light, perly and fresh. The dark (more matte) purple is very dark, and therefore, when I put it on, I put a bit of the light pink over it, and it looks great, smoky, mysterious, but not too deep. These eyeshadows last and last on your eyes, they're soft and pearly. I always tend to wear these two shades combined and my eyes look extremely green. Trully a wonderful combination.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 4:37:00 AM More reviews by iriss

This e/s duo is my best ever. It has a light pink with shimmers, makes my eyes brighten which i use it for highlighting. And a purple with blue shimmers that i use it for lining my eye or applying crease. It doesn't crease and it has good lasting power. You can use it wet or dry. When applying purple color with wet brush, the color is even more gorgeous! Packaging is excellent with velvet pouch, chanel quality and elegance..I love it! I will repurchase and buy other chanel irreelle e/s