November 27, 2014 | 1433 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Soothing Lip Gloss in Pink Lemonade

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by atlanta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought the name was cute, I found this line a few Christmases ago. I am allergic to most lipsticks - anyone for a fat fever blister lip. For a buck I thought I would try this. It's the only color lipstick I can currently wear almost continously without fear of breaking out. Love the pink blueish shade, it looks great on me when I have a little bit of tan. My tube did not have an odd smell or taste, did have a bit of peppermint tingle but that wears off quickly. Have repurchased several times, no issues. Works well for me as chapstick style lip balm when I don't need lip protection. Only down side wears off quickly, for a $1 I have several tubes around, desk at work, several purses, even car in the winter time! I did take one lippie off for packaging I've had the lid come off in my purse a time or two.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like the color...and that is about it. About what you would expect for a buck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

The color is nice but the smell is gross and it doesn't really last long.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by londara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Packaging is cute and portable, I enjoy the tingly sensation of the formula, and the price is unbeatable at $1. Other then that, the color was too frosty for my liking and I assumed that because the lip gloss is called "soothing" that it would have some moisturizing properties. On the contrary, it made my lips peely and picked up flakes in unattractive chunks. Check out the Hypershine ELF glosses instead--they definitely deliver!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by rockstarhk

I LOVE almost all E.L.F. products and this is not one of them. I bought this product around late december. It looked pretty in the tube but when applying I gagged and questioned what was in it.It smelled like nail polish. Even if it was only a buck glosses aren't supposed to taste bad. Maybe I got a bad batch or they messed up at the factory orsomething. Who knows, maybe they will change the formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by rochas7red

I didn't buy this product with high expectations because it was only one dollar. The packaging was attractive to me, and it was the only shade left. When I tried this on, I was a bit surprised, it kind of sends a cooling sensation similar to lip balm/chapstick. Although, I don't know if it's really soothing my lips, or just surprising them. I have a love/hate opinion on the smell, I like it , but there is an element of it that makes me nauseous. As for the color, it's so/so, looks okay, but not really attractive. This might look better on someone with another skin tone. As for the tube, it's pretty small, and I have the feeling that it's not going to last very long.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2006 12:46:00 AM More reviews by mandy_79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color is not too bad, but the smell is toxic! I tossed it in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Could I give this product a zero?

Guess not.

It's a fake pink. I guess if you're pale and blonde you can pull this off but I can't (Asian). This was my first pink gloss ever (my lips are pinkish brown so I stick to reds and darker colours) and when I put it on, it was just awful. Like some ugly neon sign. It sat on my lips unlike other glosses I had which blended in with my natural lip colour.

And it smelled bad D:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by velveteenchaos

i wasn't expecting a whole lot considering it was only a dollar, but i love this gloss! it's a pretty slightly rose colored pink that looks natural but shiny on my pigmented lips. so nice! kind of like MAC prrr on me, only pinker and much more wearable. i'm going to go ahead and buy some more stuff from e.l.f. :D

warm/neutral LLL, brown hair & eyes.