April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Bronzers - Cover Girl - CG Bronzer in Golden Tan

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by strokegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this bronzer so much! However, the brush that comes with this bronzer is not very useable IMO, so I would strongly suggest using a better one for a better and more even application. The color is quite buildable and is more of a matte finish with not so much sparkle. This is also the perfect size so I can just put in my purse and have it with me at all times. For a DS brand, I am quite happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:22:00 AM More reviews by MissMissyPerez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was not a fan or this bronzer. It didnt not go on evenly and the brush is seriously awful.
I dont think they could have made a worse brush.
I tried the bronzer with a different brush and it was okay but there are many other products that are a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by GracieDays

My go to bronzer. It gives me a perfect golden glow all over :) i have fair to medium skin. i love pairing it with Macs mineralize skin finish in Lightscapade! I wish Covergirl would hack these brushes in the trash, and make the whole container filled with product. I wouldn't mind paying more because their cheeker blushers, bronzers, and highlighters really are great quality. But these little brushes are a total waste of space.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Ak03

I LOVE this! My face never tans very well...so I always have a pasty face. This gives me a wonderful tan glow. I do not recommend using the brush that comes with it...I don't think anyone uses them(I did try), but with my brush looked great.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Cheap price, great quality! Not a fan of CoverGirl face powders in general but this one looks really great on the skin and makes my skin look really warm and radiant. Wish you got more product but it IS cheap, and quite pigmented. I love travelling with this bronzer because of its convenient size. Has been my HG bronzer in past years, and it smells incredible. Will repurchase just not all the time, it is a good one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by EyrtheGoddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using this bronzer a couple of years ago when my mom gave me hers after she realized she had two in her purse already! Mom swears by this stuff and uses COPPER RADIANCE. (so as you can tell this is not a review for golden tan.) Anyways, at first I was hesitant because I despise shiny shimmery cheeks, and I had a prejudice against cheekers in general (even though I swear by my covergirl aquasmooth, lash exact, exact eyelights in black ruby, and fresh complexion concealer). Well, I needed a bronzer during the summer to go with my rockin tan and went with it. I LOOKED AMAZING!! (Yep, just like my mom). Now it's my HG bronzer (oh boy, I'm a covergirl fanatic!) and I find that it's subtle enough that I can wear it all year round. I just buff it on with my (wet n wild) kabuki brush lightly all over my face and I have this glow about me. Of course, you only need a little and it's not a cheeks only product. Apply a little all over the face- during the winter I use it as a setting powder/blush over my Milani cream-to-powder foundation (in medium beige) and I look like I'm healthy and well rested from Hawaii.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by jilleifson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Here is my story why I LOVE this bronzer..... I was looking for weeks online for a really good bronzer cause I feel it just finishes off my look and I really think thats what give you that healthy fresh glow (IF you get a good one) So I bought Too Face Chocolate Soliel bronzer and was sooo excited for it to come. I got it the other day and put it on, not really seeing a difference in my face I put more on with a blush brush instead of my powder brush and really nothing still. SO I got my smallest kabuki brush and put it on twice on each cheek. HORRIBLE all I looked like was a mess and dirty with a tint of red. Looked like I bought the wrong color powder. So on a whim I was at my local groccery store last night and saw COVER GIRLS GOLDEN TAN it looked pretty with a slight shimmer and I thought why not I can't not wear bronzer tomorrow and then I'll go look for a good one if it looks horrible. So I bought it for 3.99 and thought it would look cheap and barely there like most for me but NO it was so amazing color on my olive skin. It gave my such a healthy glow and was pronounced where I put it. It blended really well where I wanted it to be softer and I got sooo many compliments today on my complextion. IT is true just cause something cost and arm and a leg doesn't mean it's better. I will always buy this unless I find a mircale bronzer that is better which I dought I love how this looks on me. I bought Too Face bronzer for 24.00 and it looked like I had a rash(that's what my husband said) then bought Cover Girls Golden Tan for 3.99 and looked so fresh and with a healthy glow and got so many compliments today... NEVER think you have to spend alot to get a great product. I also like Freeman's and St. Helen's Facial masks, they are really cheap but have kept my skin looking really great

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by alleycat220

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was an okay product for me. At first I used it and hated it, so I hadn't used it for a while. Recently I picked it up again to see if it was really as bad as I remembered it to be, and I surprisingly thought that it wasnt that bad. One thing I noticed about it is that it smells DELICIOUS, and it pretty good pigment, but not as much as I would like.This was an O-K.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never worn bronzer so I wanted to start off with something inexpensive. I thought CG would be a decent brand to try, but I'm disappointed in this product.

First, the bronzer seems to be packed so densely that it's hard to pick up product with my brush. I've tried a couple brushes but the skinny little strip of color doesn't really allow for swirling my brush in to the product.

When I do apply the product, I have trouble getting even coverage. Again, I've tried a couple brushes and it just looks obvious that I have a slightly shimmery layer over my skin. If anything, it just looks like my foundation got oily and oxidized where I applied it.

Yes, this is inexpensive, and if you're on a budget or really determined, you can make this work. I don't know if it's just me, but the product pigmentation isn't great, the powder doesn't blend well and the little strip of product is way too skinny. This might as well be an eyeshadow since the pan is so small.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by teeputt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this yesterday, tried it on once, and felt that it didn't do anything for me. I returned it today. It was $8 and I didn't feel it was worth $8. I'm not normally a cheap-skate, but with bronzer it had better be worth it!