July 25, 2014 | 1368 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neosporin - Pain Relief Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always have this on hand as its useful for scrapes, cuts, pimples,bites burns, really any skin pain or minor skin irritation or injury. Would not be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on cuts, scrapes, etc. But the one thing I love using this on are pimples that have popped on their own. You know those painful ones that eventually just erupt and ever so slowly start excreting their disgusting contents onto the surface of your skin (bleh). So I just rip up a piece of cotton, put a dab of this on the cotton, stick it on my face and go to bed. The next day all the yellow stuff is on the cotton. Please be advised, this method does nothing for developing acne that has no puncture in it. For emergencies only. If your face is covered in 5+ more of these types on pimples, please go to the dermatologist, acne sucks, but you should definitely see a doctor if it hurts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is amazing. Takes away the pain right away (esp after blackheads for me) and heals the redness like no other. After I get a bad breakout, immediately afterwards I put this on it and let it sit to "flatten" the area, and I also apply a thin layer for bedtime. The only con I have is it's greasy-ness, but rubbing it in better will get rid of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by obrienm5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't say enough good things about this product. Recently, my skin decided to freak out and I got a large painful pimple. Well, since I just can't resist I picked at it. And I got the dreaded scabby area which is almost impossible to cover with makeup and if you do even manage to take away the redness it just looks scaly and gross. I remembered one of my friends in high school always used to put neosporin on her pimples. So I got some, put it on the scabbed area 3x a day for 2 days and by the third day the skin around the scab just kinda flaked off and the whole scab came off! That usually takes at least a week. I still have a light pink mark but that's way more manageable than a crusty scab. Try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ceeceedrew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I keep this in my purse. I use it after I get my brows waxed or threaded, and it prevents any breakouts from that. Also good for treating blemishes during the recovery phase. I find the cream easier to use than the ointment, also great if you are out in the extreme cold and get windburn. (Although a bit of vitamin e oil or Vaseline on the cheeks will prevent windburn from happening.) any redness or irritation, this us my go to product. The small size makes it ideal to carry around.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynnets67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing!!!!! I love Neosporin for gentle healing!! Must have for any blemish, or small scrapes or cuts!! Good for lips too!'

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by daydreamer9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is awesome for my eczema!
I have really bad eczema on my hands. I'm a hairdresser and makeup artist and I'm highly allergic to sodium laurel sulfate (the lather you get in soaps and shampoos). I wash my hands dozens of times in a single day... and I live in a super dry climate. Needless to say I'm in extreme pain if I don't stay on top of wearing gloves, and being careful about what I wash my hands with, wash my customers hair with etc. Usually I'm good haven't needed a prescription in about two years. I have managed to keep everything at bay with Gold Bond hand cream, but this summer has been the worst. For the last two-ish months I have had horrible swelling, pain, flaky, dry skin. Not to mention the most intense itching ever! I seriously haven't worn my engagement ring in months! =(
Anyway, the hand cream I normally use has done nothing. I have had it practically attached to me, I was at my wits end about a week ago and ready to get a new prescription for a steroid cream.
About a week ago for whatever reason I think because it said pain relief on the tube, I pulled out the Neosporin from the medicine cabinet and slathered it on my poor hands before bed. I woke up in the morning to NEW HANDS! I'm not kidding, they are actually healing!! The swelling has gone down so much! It's been a week, I have a tube in my purse, at work and next to the bed. Not perfect yet... but almost! Still dry, but not flaky. There are no cracks anymore! One more week and I should be normal!! I am so relived, feeling tons better!!! YAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by valeria_l

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the cream and not the ointment. I found if you apply it the day the acne was popped it will cause it to become a whitehead again. If you apply it 24hrs later it won't. When you apply it, make sure to rub it in really well. I apply this 3 times consecutively in the same spot. Don't rub it in hard just gently. I do this every day until I am satisfied. This causes the scar to fade a lot faster for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by andreinabarthly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried every type of neosporin the patented technology and the pain and relive one. I have mainly only used and have experience with trying this for the face after having a pimple popping episode to avoid scaring. Now here is the thing about neosporin. A few years back neosporins original formula was the best to use in this case. I hate their new patented technology, it really does help the wound heal faster but it doesn't help prevent scaring much the old version helped with the scaring to a point were there was no absolute trace of were the scar was. It was amazing ! This new formula gives me a n itchy rash I actually feel it makes my wounds heal with more of a scar like a purple scar. I will still use it for rare occasions when I just need for something to heal quick but that's all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great little quick fix for stubborn, painful angry zits, whether it's a pimple that just won't seem to budge or a spot that you've been obsessively picking and squeezing.

I had an annoying breakout near the corner of my mouth and over the past week I've been using different spot treatments to get the darn thing to shrink, or at least come to a head. I've used benzoyl peroxide, a sulfur mask, tea tree oil, salicylic acid, and bentonite clay. Needless to say that after a few days my pimple looked very dry, red, and flaky. I decided to give my skin a little break and try some Neosporin ointment to soothe the irritation. I did this right before bed and covered the spot with a Bandaid. By next morning, the swelling had gone down quite a bit, and the skin around the zit looked smoother. I was pleasantly surprised! I did it again the following night, to see more improvement the following morning. Less swollen, less red, softer skin. By this time, the breakout was much easier to cover with makeup.

While the ointment yielded wonderful results, I DO NOT consider this a long-term solution for acne sufferers. As other reviewers have mentioned, long-term use could do more harm than good, causing the skin to become resistant to antibiotics and make it difficult to fight off infections in the future. Yikes. There's a reason this isn't marketed as a regular skincare treatment.

For me, this is a once-in-a-while last resort / emergency fix. It kills bacteria, moisturizes, and heals the skin very quickly. So while I can see how this is a miracle product for a lot of people, it's still important to consider its long-term effects. I do recommend it as a quick fix every now and then, but for something you can use everyday all over your face, stick to products that are specifically for acne.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No