OPI Sonic Bloom

4.6

on 5/10/2011 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this years ago. This is just too sheer of a color. You need at least 6 coats to get it opaque. I was disappointed. Every turquoise color I get from opi seems to need a billion coats.

on 6/26/2008 5:49:00 PM

This is one of my favorite summer pedicure colors. (can't really pull off blues at work, or else it'd be on my nails too). It is a soft blue-green shade, that flashes a shiny mix of green, gold, and lilac. It reminds me of the ocean in the Caribbean. I am warm, with yellow undertones, and pale, but this works beautifully for me. (not all blues do). It is somewhat sheer and thin, but with 3 coats, you can get pretty good coverage. This would also work well as top coat but I've never tried it. It doesn't chip for me, but I only wear it on toes, so can't say for sure. Will definitely repurchase, as I get lots of borrowing requests for this one.

on 3/9/2008 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Wowee - what a cute, quirky, fun color O.P.I. Sonic Bloom is to wear! This is a more mellow shade of aqua than is apparent in the bottle but with more layering the more intense the colour becomes. This is totally wearable and I think it would match all skin and hair colors. Add a few topcoats of O.P.I. DS "Shimmer" for even more glitter and glam. This is a sure winner!!!

on 10/10/2006 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cool, fun aqua-like shade that is really kinda hard to describe. But I like it!

BEAUTIFUL colour, just so complex and flashingly irridescent colour seems to dance across your nails when the light hits them.

Base shade: acqua blue

Secondary "flash" irridescent shades: silver pearl, golden pearl, green-gold, metallic denim-y-blue, but predominantly and most dramatically bright emerald.

On pale hands this polish is a thing of beauty; against tan skin I bet it's the most amazing kick-ass thing ever. continued >>

on 3/10/2006 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an awesome shade for summer toes! Its a semi-sheer teal that flashes lime. My toes almost glow with this shade, its gorgeous! I did have to apply 3 coats to get good coverage because its kinda sheer, but the result is worth it. This is from the Brights Collection and for me it was an afterthought based on other reviews. I'm so glad I picked this up!

on 11/16/2005 6:04:00 AM

Sonic bloom is a semi-sheer azure blue with lime green frost and slight opalescent lustre. The result is a frosty turqoise green that reminds me of a tropical lagoon. Perfect for toes in the summer! I'm wearing it right now with Paris couture for sure glitter top coat over, and it looks amazing! Try it if you have both! I only wish it wasn't so sheer, but on the other hand I could use it for layering, maybe over Glacier Bay blues to bring out more of the blue.

on 9/4/2005 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Really very pretty. A medium turquoise with gold shimmer. Sheer with one coat, opaque by 3 coats. Real spring/summer shade :)

on 8/3/2005 7:43:00 PM

From the Brights Collection. Sonic Bloom is awesome. Really, it is. I'd say this is a medium turquoise with greenish shimmer. Fairly sheer, compared to how it looks in the bottle, but it can be built up to almost opaque. Almost like a richer version of Greece Just Blue Me Away. Love it!

Top Rated OPI Products