September 18, 2014 | 2101 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I guess I'm in the clear minority here since I really love this product. To be clear, I'm reviewing the white bottle of remover, the thin lotion consistency. I find this remover both highly effective, but also soothing and cooling on the eye. I use this on a cotton ball, and it removes all my layers of eyeshadow, eye primer, liner, and mascara with little effort. Just a tip- no need to squeeze the bottle to get this stuff out, just tip it over and the lotion is runny enough that it will come out, if you squeeze you might have a mess on your hands. My experience with this stuff has always been positive, and I would happily buy this product again. I should add that I never wear waterproof mascara, and I have never had sensitive skin or eyes at all, so this wouldn't be the first time that others found something irritating and I haven't had an issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by dqzhuzi

Tried once, it's quite ok, but personally I think loreal's make up remover is a little bit better than this....because nivea's remover makes my eyes hurt a bit. Compared with this one I prefer nivea's remover lotion more. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Ellmore

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For three consecutive mornings - woke up with swollen red "piggy" eyes. Occasionally a large gin and tonic has a similar effect - but as no gin had passed my lips for some weeks I tried to work out why I looked like I'd done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. Blood shot eyes, swollen eye lids and huge bags! I had to cancel an appointment for an eye brow tint as I was so self conscious about my red swollen eyes! It took longer than it should for me to work out that this was a major allergic reaction to something I'd not previously used. Suddenly I remembered the last few nights of discomfort and burning when removing my eye make up with a new bottle of Nivea eye makeup remover. I bought it when it was on offer - never again!!! I always thought Nivea had a name for manufacturing gentle cosmetic products. Not this one!!!!! As someone who is not prone to allergies I suggest Nivea seriously consider taking this off the market - it shouldn't be allowed anywhere near eyes!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by FrankieNew

Just to be clear, I'm reviewing the liquid, clear eye make up removed in the blue bottle.
I'm not a great fan of this.
I wouldn't say it stings if I get some in contact with my eye (easily done considering its an EYE make up remover!) but it does cause a bit of irritation, and it always make the area around my eyes feel tight. Also I always find I have to really rub the lashes to get the make up off which can't be good for my eyes and lashes.
This isn't the absolute worst eye make up remover I've ever used but I doubt I'll be buying it again.
One good thing would be the packaging. It's kind of a flat bottle so ideal for easy storage or taking with you if you're going away.
I will continue to use the rest of my bottle, I'm about half way through, but I'll be returning to my usual creamy eye make up removers after.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nivea Visage Eye Make-up Remover-----
It BURNS!!! Usually I just throw some makeup remover onto some paper towel and voila, makeup gone. This stuff says not to get in your eyes but of course I am! (I actually didn't read that part until my eyes stopped burning). It got a lot of the makeup off but it is going in the garbage :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

I don't know why but the bottle I have is white and for all skin types. I love this stuff, is my second bottle and it last a very long time. It removes mascara quite easily and I don't have to use a ton of it. Just two tiny drops on each eye. Also it doesn't irritate my eye nor is it oily and doesn't leave residue behind like other removers have done in the past.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

by far the best remover out there. the price is great and there is nothing bad to say about this. no fragrance. must have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I believe mine is the same as this stuff, my bottle looks different but it is for all skin types, it is a white cream. I really love this stuff. It takes all my eye make up off with no problem, it doesn't leave a greasy residue and doesn't irritate the eyes. I will definately buy more.
I was given this free from Elle Canada to blind test for their readers choice awards, so the labels are completely covered and I was to use them for 1 week, I tested wipes & lotions, some from Lancome, Marcelle and Biotherm and this was my hands down favorite

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

1. It removes eye make up if you swipe it enough times, but I have to use two cotton pad sides for one eye. Because the lotion is so runny I also have to work it around the eye to not get the stuff in my eye (which irritates).

Mascara still sheds after removal with the remover.

Would not purchase again because I find Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover to be a lot better and leave eye cleaner, softer and with a better smell.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by mirahvk

Reviews seem to be mixed here so to be clear I'm reviewing the white bottle- Nivea Visage Eye Make-up Remover.
I expected more from Nivea. I am a firm believer that eye makeup remover should not burn if it gets in your eyes... this one does! It doesn't really seem like a makeup remover. It feels like watered down plain lotion. It works just as well- good luck getting that mascara off... It's not over oily like some removers and doesn't dry either, but that's the only good thing about it. I wouldn't buy again, even for the clearance price I bought it at.