October 21, 2014 | 2015 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Total Moisture Dry Skin Lotion - Discontinued

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by xoslshopaholic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This a very basic lotion, but it's awesome. I really like scented Bath and Body Works lotions for the scents, but this lotion is perfect for everyday. The scent is light and clean, and the lotion itself just absorbs right into my skin. There's no slaving away at trying to rub it in, just a quick once over and I'm done. It's not greasy at all and it's so cheap, I'll always want to have a bottle around. The scent, while nice, doesn't linger heavily once I put my clothes on and isn't offensive at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This is pretty good for an inexpensive product

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for Total Moisture dry Skin with pure oat extract (yellow bottle)...i purchased this 295mL version from walmart for about $4. it has a lid that's not hard to open (and believe me some are impossible to get open without breaking a nail) and convenient size for traveling. I ran out of my St Ives lotion and found this on sale so decided to try something new.

I suffer from hand eczema and i get red little bumps on my hand if not well moisturized. This definitely helps keep my skin issues at bay and leaves my hand feeling soft. However, i can't help but feel that it doesn't 100% absorb, i can still feel the product on my hand, almost a 'sticky' feeling as the reviewer below me noted.

It's not a reason not to purchase this and try it because I think the smooth and moisturizing effects are worth it..but i may go back to my st ives after the bottle is done.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupfinder21

I just have to say this is the BEST lotion I have ever used on my skin. I suffer from excema on my arms and chest. I just had a recent outbreak and rushed out to buy some Aveeno lotion. Which did absolutely nothing for my skin. My mom bought a small size of this last night and I decided to try it, as I've been looking for something to get rid of the itchy rash on my arm. Wow.
I slapped this on my arms being careful to rub it in good, since most potions take forever to soak in. The redness on my arms and the raised bumps and scaly skin disappeared. I applied it to my chest. Little raised bumps and blotchy skin also disappeared there. I assume this replaces the original dry skin lotion from Vaseline with Vit A and E. And this is so much better, too. There is a very slight smell to the lotion, but you can't smell it when applied.
The only thing I don't like about the lotion is how sticky it is. Yes, it soaked in. But, it stays a little sticky on skin.
When I woke up this morning, my arms were soft and excema free. Still a little sticky, but I don't mind.
I love this lotion, and I'm going out to buy my own tube of it. Meanwhile, I'm going to go chuck all other lotions in a basket under the sink.
Would definitely buy again. Maybe ever tonight.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by laluna82

I first discovered this shampoo as a complimentary sample in the bathroom of my hotel room. When I applied it, I noticed that my chronically dry hands became buttery soft, and that the lotion didn't wash away with water. Stoked, I rushed out and bought a huge bottle from the local discount store. Unfortunately, my experience with the full sized product didn't match the benefits of the trial version. First, the lotion from the full sized bottle was a lot thinner, so I am guessing that Vaseline has begun watering down its products to save money. Also, over time I found myself having to apply it multiple times a day to get the same benefit I used to get with just one application. "Am I a lotion addict?" I wondered. Although I knew that the lotion contains petroleum jelly (which actually dries out skin) I thought that the concentration of other ingredients might counteract the drying effect of the PJ. Apparently not. Needless to say, because I had to use so much lotion, I emptied that bottle in a record amount of time. Next time, I think I will try a PJ-free lotion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lotion is a cheap great find. I bought it on a whim at CVS and use it when my skin is really dry and cracking.

I would buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ugh...this lotion is very sticky and doesn't absorb well. My clothes were "glued" to my skin and it just feels terrible. I had to shower again to remove the lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by lindsey251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion! It is so great and so cheap. I bought a travel sized bottle for a dollar at Walmart, and it might even be HG! I put a dime sized amount on my hands, and slept with it. When I woke up, my hands were butter soft. The smell is extremely faint, practically fragrance free. Bottom Line: I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by deirdre1994

i did not like this as it was way to sticky. it is very liquid based moistureiser that i found ran wild it my hands. it was very waterey and way ,way ,way to sticky!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kbraglin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first bought this in the small, travel size because I had very dry hands. I instantly fell in love with it. The smell is great. It really makes your hands fell moisturized and smooth. My feet have been very dry recently so, once I step out of the shower, I rub plenty onto my feet and put on socks before I go to sleep. It helps tremendously.
I currently have a generic brand that works just as well for a couple dollars less...^^