July 23, 2014 | 2018 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Pink Melon

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by NBinNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my go to color lipsticks in the summer. I really like the color and it goes well with my skin/hair coloring and most of my summer wardrobe. It's a nice lipstick, stays on good, but tends to be a bit waxy for me. There are some smoother feel lipsticks out there, e.g., Estee Lauder's Signature Lipstick is one that comes to mind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by SavvyChic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found a great shade of bright pink for me. I didn't find this too vibrant as I have some MK lip colors (Cider and Fuchsia come to mind) but can pull this off. It is a slightly warm pink and mid toned. A great pink shade. It has very slight shimmer which keeps it from looking flat & looks like a cream from a short distance. It can be too vivid for daytime, but great for those other times and has great staying power, too. Since it is not an everyday color, I doubt I'd ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2006 10:03:00 PM More reviews by BroncTeach

I love this shade of Mary Kay lipstick. Pink Melon is a coraly pink, and it looks gorgeous with my tanned skin right now. I also think MK's lipsticks have great staying power. Definitely one of my summer color staples.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2005 9:23:00 PM More reviews by hollywoodgurl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I agree, the packaging on this is much better than it used to be, gone are the cheapy pink tubes which have been replaced with the MK Signature silver case. This is kind of a bright, coraly pink, a bit on the too bright, garish side for me. A person with darker skin would probably look pretty good in this shade, but on this one, think I'll pass.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2005 4:24:00 PM More reviews by AprilH

When I was younger I hated the Mary Kay line, in fact I made it a personal crusade to get my mom to switch from MK to better products like MAC or Stila. I have to admit that the recent overhaul of the MK line is pretty impressive. Almost all of the products I've tried in the last couple of years were high quality. The one MK product I still do not have success with is the lipsticks. Somebody please tell the product development execs at MK that nowadays most women do not like to wear loud, bright, garish pinks. I was hoping this would be a peachy pink and it was, but it's so bright that I feel like a fire engine or an ambulance coming down the street. Move over traffic! You can tone this down with a gloss or liner, but I like a lipstick that can be worn on its own. If it has to be altered or toned down it tends to languish in a drawer. Also MK replaced the cheap pink with a classy looking silver tube but kept the nauseating perfumey fragrance. The fragrance alone is enough to make you think twice about wearing this.