October 24, 2014 | 1771 users online

Palettes - Trish McEvoy - Little Black Card - Simply Gorgeous

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by GeorgetteOrwell

I think this is my favorite Little Black card, although I also like the new Glamorously Sexy too. The blush/bronzer is my favorite. I never use the darker shade of concealer in these little black cards, but the lighter one works in a pinch. The eye shadows are very nice as described in the other reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by lucygoosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is, in my opinion, the mother of all "natural beauty" palettes. Included are a natural blush and highlighter duo, a nude pinky ivory matte e/s, a deep raisin (brown with a hint of plum) shimmer shadow, 2 l/g, a lipcolor, and a pan of concealer. The eye colors are perfect for creating that "girl next door" glow/shadowing and especially great for brown eyes, IMO. The blush and highlighter give just the right amount of color/shimmer, while the lip products for the most part are fairly sheer. This is definitely not a palette for those who like vibrant looks, but for an office look I find it perfect. The concealer happens to be a perfect color for me, but if it's too dark/light for you, I reccomend using it as an e/s base. Works great for me. LE and sold out almost everywhere, but as of 7/18/2006 was still available on blissworld.com for $48.50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 7:41:00 PM More reviews by DENF

Another great palatte from Trish. I wear the second lightest neutral or cool foundation from most any line and find that everything in here works for me. The Butterscoth shadow is a great warm neutral base but this one seems a bit less pigmented that the one from the Island Girl Paletter. 24 K eyeshadow is a shimmery light gold that doesn't show up to well on me but looks nice dusted over almost anything. The Chestnut liner is a medium brown that doesn't really work as a liner with my black-brown lashes but makes a nice crease color. The Amethyst Definer is a muddy grape color with barely noticible sparkles that work well for a smoky eye look. Pinched Blush and Bronze Shimmer are quite pigmented that worked better for me when I had a bit of a tan but are still lovely. The Gorgeous pink shimmer gloss is very sheer coolish pink on my medium mauve lips and not the same as the more pigented and neutral tube gloss by the same name. The Sexy Gloss is a sheer cool light pink gloss that seems to make its way in to nearly every Trish palette. The Iced Bronze lip color is my favorit of the bunch offering a medium bronzed red color. There is also two concealer, Natural and Honey which can be mixed to get a light to medium concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2005 3:46:00 PM More reviews by olygirl04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Every color in this is Gorgeous! I'm dark-olive, tanned, island-skin girl who finds that most of the palettes out there are too light for my coloring. This is more of a wash of subtle color and shimmer so it works well, especially for travel (I use Japonesque's travel brush set...it all fits in the purse so nicely). The only complaint I have is the concealer colors- definitely for the fair colored. I ended up cleaning out the pots of concealers and melting my Laura Mercier secret camoflage. As for the rest of the colors....the lipglosses are all subtle and slightly shimmery (don't last long, but moisturizing); the eyeshadows are great and the cocoa color is a great liner; the 24k gold I can also use as a highlighter around my eyes and cheeks. I really dig the blush combo...pretty pink/bronze combo. It's just a shame that trish doesn't make little refills for these cards since the rest of the product line pushes bauying palette holders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 1:05:00 PM More reviews by oldone

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great little palette. the best think is the Iced Bronze lipstick, a pretty bronzey pink neutral. I want them to make this as a single lipstick!. The blush/bronzer is nice also. Eyeliners are a little scary. still worth the price for travel, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2005 1:32:00 PM More reviews by beepers40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is TM's best compact yet, IMO. The combination of a matte cream shadow and a sparkly one, and two eyeliners for day and night, lip colors with a bit more variety than either Island Girl or Cranberry/Peaches, two colors of concealer to suit most skin tones, and both a blush and a powder/bronzer make this compact versatile and convenient. I am fair-skinned and I find that a lot of palettes are two dark or overwhelming for me--most bronzers make my face look dirty, for example. The bronze shimmer powder here is not the kind to give you a tan--it just gives you sun-kissed looking highlights without the chalkiness of a matte powder. And with one exception, the colors are so pigmented that a little goes a long way. These compacts will last a long time, and for travel you can't beat them.

Now my one complaint. All of the Little Black Cards seem to share the same problem, and that is that the lip colors are not pigmented enough. The glosses are so sheer that it barely makes a difference which color you use--they all end up looking like mostly clear glosses. And the lip colors are more like glosses--not nearly as pigmented as the glosses in the credit card compacts, let alone the full-sized lip squares. This makes no sense to me--everything else is such high quality that I assume the lack of pigmentation is a deliberate decision. I wish TM would rethink it. Nevertheless, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2005 12:10:00 PM More reviews by makeupnerd

This card IS "simply gorgeous"!

Housed in a double-decker card, the top level contains:

-Bronze shimmer (light brown, shimmery, subtle)
-Pinched blush (beautiful shimmery pink berry, gives a pretty pink glow)
-Butterscotch e/s (basic cream color)
-24 kt e/s (shimmery pale yellow/ buttercup)
-Chestnut eye definer (deep brown)
-Amethyst eye definer (deep purple with gold sparkles)

The bottom level contains:

-Gorgeous Pink gloss (beautiful, rich pink)
-Sexy gloss (shimmery sheer that can lighten the other shades)
-Iced Bronze (deep color, goes on sheer, buildable)
-Natural concealer
-Honey concealer

For $48.50 USD, this is a great deal (especially considering the prices of her full-sized products). The colors are beautiful and versatile- they can be put on sheerly for a natural look or layered for an evening look. The packaging is sturdy, and most importantly, cute! I would highly recommend this product!

continued >>