September 30, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lip Gloss - Mary Kay - Cocoa Creme

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Rainbowapple

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My first introduction to this gloss was not purchasing it for myself, but as giving it as a birthday gift to a great friend of mine. She said it was very pretty, really wearable and perfectly neutral, without being too 'brown'. As a very fair-skinned, light blonde, with bright blue eyes, I'm inclined to agree. I tend to prefer pink glosses, like Pink Diamonds, but I enjoy this one equally as much. Only drawback is the taste/flavor.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2007 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Candice_and_Eric

I really like this color.I normally wear pinks but sometimes I wear neutrals and browns.I also bought the Mary Kay Sweet Nectar lip gloss and Chocolate lip liner.This gloss looks perfect over top of it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2007 2:31:00 AM More reviews by claudiajen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the record: I don't sell Mary Kay. But I LOVE this lipgloss. It is the PERFECT nude lip for me; most nudes are too dramatic just for every day, but I can go to school wearing this. Color-wise, think of a light cappuccino (sp?). Mary Kay glosses are actually very smooth and not-sticky, and last for about an hour (even w/talking.) I just don't like the tube; I don't feel like I get enough product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2006 9:03:00 AM More reviews by angelclover

I'm a little biased- in the negative about Mary Kay. For being Pro-Women they focus too much on the consultants having to wear skits to any official functions (even the weekly meetings). That said I am happy with the redo of the packaging as well as the selection of this color to replace Almond Glaze. Almond Glaze is a little darker, maybe a shade, shade & 1/2, as I compared the two side by side (I get the stuff at cost once a year or so) the depth difference is not that intense. The big difference is that instead of a color matched shimmer the Cocoa Creme has a golden shimmer- great for me since I prefer golds most of the time, but maybe bot so great for a blue red or someone who is extremely cool toned. That said I might just work on using this gloss instead of replacing some of the Perscriptives custom blends that I love- but can't afford at $26 per pop. (for a girl that easily has at least 25-30 glosses that's a lot of replacement to get near perfection)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Bailey422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lip gloss. It's not too sparkly or fake-looking. The color is beautiful... it's a neutral caramel-pink. It makes my lips look shinier and fuller, but still natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by norrism

I like Cocoa Creme alot. It makes my lips look very full and attracted. I would buy this product again. I am a big fan of Cocoa Creme it blends very well with my completion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2006 7:54:00 PM More reviews by kjo86

One of my faves from the Re-designed packaging of Mary Kay's glosses. I'm glad they finally redid the container. My original colors-Berry Smoothie and Cream & Sugar started leaking around the gold band seal. yuck.
Now that they have better packaging it has turned a already great product into a fantastic gloss! I also have the Pink Diamonds lipgloss. Soon I hope to get a replacement Cream and Sugar as I got fed up with the other one and just tossed it out. The Mary Kay glosses have a wonderful texture, nice glossy shine, and they aren't sticky! Plus I think they smell good.
Ingredients:
It includes Vitamins A and E and then the following....Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Triisostearyl Citrate , Diisostearyl Malate , C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters , Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer , Ozokerite , Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil , Octyldodecanol , Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer , Flavor , Methylparaben , Tocopherol , Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil , Propylparaben , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , BHT , Mica , Titanium Dioxide
May Contain:
Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Synthetic Fluorphlogopite , Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate , Iron Oxides , Red 6 Lake , Red 7 Lake , Yellow 5 Lake , Red 33 Lake , Carmine , Red 28 Lake , Red 30 Lake , Blue 1 Lake , Yellow 6 Lake , Aluminum Hydroxide , Tin Oxide

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

The color, texture, and scent of this gloss is wonderful. This is a nice neutral light Caramel on me with very fine to almost negligible shimmer. It's a very well done color because it's not so brown and neutral that it washes me out. (I'm an LLL with gold undertones and many true browns and very light colors are hard for me to wear cause they make me look dead.) This lg will not replace Almond Glaze--it's lighter and sheerer that AG--but it is a nice addition to MK's gloss line-up; an area in which MK excels.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2006 11:06:00 PM More reviews by zeebrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATE LIP GLOSS. There I said it. I tried Bobbi Brown's shimmery ones and they just made my throat hurt after awhile (plus my jaw). Then my mum decided to send me some (a friend of hers is an ex-consultant) and this was one of them. I have to say I was skeptical but I actually found that I liked it! The shade was perfect and it did not hurt my throat (major plus)! I prefer drawing attention to my eyes when I wear makeup so this colour is absolutely perfect without going au naturel (which she also sent me). I gave it a 4 cos I still clench my teeth (haha don't ask me why but anything on my lips make me clench my jaw) but it's not as bad as usual! I actually find myself relaxing my jaw every now and then. An acquired taste but I've actually found a lip gloss I can live with! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My perfect nude lipgloss (I have brown eyes, dark brown hair, MMM). It's not brown, or orange, or glittery. And it smells good. I wear it alone, or with Sweet Nectar lipstick, or Apricot Glaze lipstick.
I also like the raised MK on the lid of the gloss, I can find it in my purse without looking ;)