October 22, 2014 | 1154 users online

Eye Shadow - Smashbox - Limitless Lid - Hermosa

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great color. I beautiful peachy copper. It really lasts a long time too with no creasing. I love it. I don't think it is watery at all. It's a nice thick cream in a controllable squeeze tube. It is also waterproof. I love it. It's going to be a great summer color.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by gorosheeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This actually comes out as a medium bronze on my nc10 skin. It is very watery, and very shimmery. I find that it isn't very usable except as a lower-lid base for powder or loose eyeshadows. Thankfully, I only paid about $4 for it on Ebay; there's no way I'd pay full retail for this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2005 4:37:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I am a huge fan of cream shadows and there are a ton out there that I love including MAC paints, Clinique touch tints, LM metallic paints, Lancome Color Doses, etc. However the Smashbox falls a little short. This mini tube looks like the Clinique touch tint tubes. Clear with a pointed tip where the color squeezes out from. The sephora.com description of this is wrong. They state, "Waterproof shimmer shadows in sheer, glistening shades that glide on smooth and last all day. The angled sponge applicator automatically dispenses just the right amount of color for a soft, pearlescent veil, or striking, iridecent, metallic lids." Mine does not have an angled sponge applicator.

Hermosa is described as a shimmery sandy beige, but to me this is shimmery gold. Its extremely shimmery and very pigmented. When i wash this on lightly with my finger, you see alot of gold. Its kinda dark. I tried this all over as a wash but its kinda dark. Its more pigmented than the sheer Clinique touch tints but less pigmented than MAC paints. It glided on easily and creased slightly after about 8 hours. It made an OK shadow base. It held on to some of the shadow but it did fade after the 8 hours.

Overall, I think this product is just all right. its not a must have and there are other products out there that i prefer so i would not repurchase. Retails for $16. I also took a look at two of the other shades and also found them to be very pigmented and really not suitable for an all over wash on the whole eye area. Better for the lid and crease only.