September 23, 2014 | 1584 users online

Sunscreen - Mary Kay - Sun Essentials Sunblock SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my favorite sunscreen of the summer. Not greasy and absorbs easily! Good buy and fairly reasonable!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by SAL713

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now called SPF 30 Sunscreen. Awesome! It blends easily. Doesn't get too whitish. Can be used throughout the day not just for the beach. I had been using Neutrogena but it was too thick and sticky. A more expensive sunscreen from the dermatologist (and quite $$$) was just like Neutrogena. I like this product much, much better. It's lightweight also so it is easy to use. I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kateecakes

This is a wonderful sunscreen lotion. (I go back-and-forth between this and sunscreen sprays.) Nice scent, great protection, & long lasting!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by LOREBUNDE

Just finishing my first tube of this and thinking of purchasing again as I'm off to a MK party tonight and don't have much $$ to spend :)
I really like this as it can be used on face and/or body, is non-comedagenic which is a plus. I mostly used on body but when I needed something w/spf 30 (such as the beac) I used this w/no problems. If anything, I will purchase and use on my hands as just noticing a few freckles/spots occuring at age of 48. For hands, its nice and creamy, a bit greasy but sinks in. At $14 a tube thats not a bad deal.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by roula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably the worst sunscreen I ever bought. We used this while on a vacation recently and got sunburned despite reapplying every 1/2 or so. Pretty scary. I would not recommend this at all. I will stick to brands that specialize in suncreens (coppertone...etc...)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by auntnett

For me, MK's SPF 30 sunblock outlasts and outperforms other brands, even if they have a higher SPF rating. I am fair-skinned and, although I used to tan easily, I now find that I instantly burn due to medications I am taking. I never go out into the sun without sunscreen, and I swear by this one.

I probably would never have discovered it had I not had a brief career as a MK consultant myself several years ago. I still am devoted to this product, much preferring it to any other brand I've tried. It's only one of a select few of their products that I still continue to use.

It is quite moisturizing, it lasts better in the water than most and it doesn't burn your eyes, which has been a big problem for me with most other brands. Pleasant smelling, too.

My sister's kids live at the pool in the summer and they never burn using this sunscreen, unlike all their friends using various other brands. They usually only reapply it a couple of times during a day at the pool.

I wish I had known about it when I was younger - maybe I wouldn't have all these brown sunspots that I'm always having to have removed due to early sun damage!

I always stock up on it at the beginning of the summer. I even use the SPF 15 under makeup, and it doesn't clog my pores or break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Hautest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a very oily CCC. I have been searching everywhere for a sunblock that will not turn my face into an oil slick. The search continues.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2006 11:38:00 AM More reviews by karinatwork

It is unbelievable but I found a sunscreen that works for me and my finnicky face! I am acne prone, oily and flaky at the same time. I get deep dryness wrinkles during the day, but I also break out easily if I use too much moisturizer. I cannot use Avobenzene, but Zinc Oxide breaks me out and Titanium Dioxide will make my face peel. I was thinking that there wasn't a sunscreen for me out there, and that I would have to walk around with a floppy hat for the rest of my life. But then I found a big tube of Mary Kay's SPF 30 sunscreen in my drawer, that I had received as a gift last year. The expiration date is 2007, so still good to use. I went on here to read a couple of reviews, and they were all positive, so I thought 'what the heck', and I tried it out for myself. It's a thick, very moisturizing cream. It spreads nicely, no white cast, but it's fairly shiny when applied. You definitively need powder after this, but once applied, the shiny is gone and it doesn't come back (at least not for me). During the day I used to get the flakies all the time, not anymore. I don't need a separate moisturizer under this, I slap it on and I'm good to go. I don't even need foundation anymore, this sunscreen healed my skin. The best thing about it is that is's so super-cheap, I can use it on my body too. I know it's not stable, but it's better than no sunscreen at all. To anyone who cannot wear Avobenzene, Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide: try this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2006 11:44:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

I am reviewing the Ultimate Protection Subnlock SPF 30 by Mary Kay. This sunscreen is wonderful! I was at the pool all day on a sunny day here in the South and managed to not tan or burn! I have fair skin in the winter and usually medium in the Summer due to being outside, however, I don't think I will tan with this sunscreen--it was wonderful! It felt very moisturizing and did not have a strong scent. I will definately be using this from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by E__J

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best sunscreen ever. I'm a FFF w/very sensitive skin & KP & burn very easily. The sunblock allowed me to slightly tan, but never burn. It's also very waterproof, so you don't have to reapply it every 2 minutes.

It was gentle enough to use allover, even on my face & worked wonderfully without causing any breakouts. It's creamy, but not sticky or gooey thick.

The only slight flaw is the tube gets a little hard to squeeze from after it's about half empty, but the product is so good that doesn't matter.