November 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Kajal Eye Liner in Onyx

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by galsunday

This is a dense black liner. The color glides on well. I like the design on the pencil looks like some ethnic art. I draw a fine liner followed by liquid eye liner on top. This packs on the color and lasts forever. Becos the kohl is soft, smudging is possible and glides well on waterline.

Kinda pricey but i got a discount from sephora, so its all good.

Overall, it works like all pencil eyeliners but just cos its endorsed by kim k it has more reviews than ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by mousquerader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I read the reviews about this, but I purchased this on whim. When I used a store tester, I liked that it came out on the back of my hand creamy, thick, and very black. I thought this was some sort of indicator of lasting power, but I was wrong. I would apply this normally by drawing a line close to the lash line. It is very creamy and doesn't drag along the skin, and offers a dense black line without having to go over twice. It's hard to do a fine winged eyeliner look with this, however, since the pencil is so creamy it gets dull very fast, and even if you sharpen it, it is too soft to create such precision. I found that after a few hours, I would get black smudges on my under eyes I only apply eyeliner to my upper lash line! It is not long lasting, probably because as the official description reads, "Stila Kajal Eye Liner is formulated to mimic the ultra-soft texture of the indian eye darkener of the same name." I have heard of kajal/kohl eyeliner before, but I didn't realize this Stila eyeliner would literally be like that which, in my experience, is more prone to smudging and thus creating that smokey eye effect. This is pencil is best if you want to create a smokey look with eyeliner by first normally applying a line or eyeliner (or dotting it along the lash line) and smudging it out with a brush to achieve a similar look to Elizabeth Olson's smokey eye look she always sports.

So, as long as you use it for this purpose, it's great, but if you want something that lasts all may or allows for more precision in eye lining, it may be better to go for a different eyeliner product. It is better for the waterline, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bare in mind ladies, that this is, in fact a "kajal" or "kohl" liner and is designed to be creamy and smudgable! That being said, I was loyal to MAC's Smolder eye kohl but I didn't know what I was missing out on with this Stila Kajal liner in Onyx! I always line my waterline, and this glides on so smoothly (no tugging) and it is a very rich black shade. It lasts me all day long as well, and this is without setting it. I also use it on my lashline and either leave it alone or smudge it out if I'm wearing another shadow. All in all, a fantastic eyeliner if you like a deep black shade that lasts. Perfect for tight lining. So smooth, it applies effortlessly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by bellaw13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

At first when i received this liner as a gift, i was dismayed. It smudged and went on too softly, i couldn't get a clean line and quite soon i ended up with it in the creases of my eyes-it just went everywhere. However, soon after i decided to try it again except over eye shadow with much heavier makeup as I was going out. This worked a thousand times better, it was so dark and pigmented and stay put all event, it was so BLACK. I have since realised that you can wear this on a normal day, I still wouldn't recommend it for 'flicky', feline liner but you can wear it just close to the lash line. Either use a primer, put eyeshadow on underneath it or set it with eyeshadow. It works wonders I promise.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by LatinaDelight

Ahhh! This was my first jet black colored eyeliner splurge. In a nutshell, I find that this eyeliner applied to my waterline and upper lash line really make my eyes look seductive and sensual. The reason I gave it four stars instead of five was for the pricing. Just about $20 with tax included. I find the L.A. Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Sunglasses," (Don't ask me what was the logic behind the name) has a very similar if not identical color payoff as Stila's onyx. It is just as BLACK! And it glides on as smooth as butter on toast. Oh! And did I mention that it is only 99 cents!? Yes! ladies, at your local Family dollar or Wal-Mart...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by NinaTiara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I read that This was Kim Kardashian's favorite eyeliner. I still can't figure out why. It may be great for smudging for smokey eyes but fails as an eyeliner. I had raccoon eyes within 15 minutes. Maybe I'm not doing something right.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by xjanerz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I can only use this as an eyeshadow base or use it to have smudgy eyeliner with black eyeshadow on top. Not really functional for anything else... I think NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencils have the same effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by xoxo333

Overall it is a good product. I have tried three MAC eyeliners, clinique, lancome,and many over the contour products. It is the best out of all of them the only problem is you have to sharpen it often but it is worth it, if it was a little cheaper it would help but...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by ncb89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this eyeliner! I really did. When I first bought it I loved how pigmented and silky it was, but literally about 30 minutes later it moved off into the corner of my eye and got all gunky. I put it on again before I went to work and the same scenario, only this time it was under my lower lash line as well. I expected more from this product. Returned it today, after giving it a few chances this weekend.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by tiffanyhehe

read online that kim kardasian is using thats why i buy. paid over usd20 to get it ship to australia. terribly bad impression after the first time application cause i found it melts to lower eye lid.

put it in the beauty garage for a few month or so, give it a second chance. i read lots of tips and hints on this eyeliner, still no luck. never use this eyeliner if u r going out with a guy, this is going to ruin your perfect makeup. i put this pen into bin already.

learn from me. try this before u buy. do not buy without try.