August 1, 2014 | 1047 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Gorgeous

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by lilypied

A HG staple beauty product for me. As someone who is on the cusp of wrinkles and still has some acne, this lotion saves the day. As others have said, it just calms skin down and reduces imperfections. Between this lotion and Mask of Magnaminty, my ance has improved tenfold. Before discovering Gorgeous, I had tried countless facial moisturizers with no discernable effect. After Gorgeous, I will never use another moisturizer again.

The biggest downside, of course, is the price. If you are young with perfect skin, this product is not for you. If you are frustrated by your wonky skin or concerned with impending wrinkles and would pay *anything* to have gorgeous skin, try this lotion.

Get a sample berfore you buy! Because Lush uses premium, fresh ingredients, a tub has a shelf life of about 3-6 months. Because it's my go to day and evening lotion, I use a tub in about 6 months.

I don't buy this from lushusa.com at $90 per tub. I order a tub or two from Lush UK website for $68 (at the current exchange rate). Even with the shipping, usually $10, I come out on top.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

So I bought "Gorgeous" on a whim. The salesperson was very careful to warn me repeatedly that I only needed a tiny amount. "One fingerprint", as he put it. So that's what I used. One fingerprint, pat on, and that's it. I barely used any, I couldn't feel any on my face, it was like it wasn't there.

Fast-forward less than a week and I'm breaking out with cystic acne after having not broken out for the last 3 months.

I returned this as fast as I could and got my money back: $97 DOLLARS.

The product itself has a very mild scent that I barely noticed, at first I thought it was unscented. It's more watery than creamy. The regular old off-white goop. Nothing special. Aside from the huge price tag it wasn't a particularly bad purchase, I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone to try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love lush and this was a lovely moisturizer. I am not typically sensitive skinned, but this made my eyes red, sore, and puffy. I suppose I could simply avoid the eye area but I feel it would bleed into the area regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by bethany389

This is absolutely HG material for me. I've been using it on and off for the last year and in that time I've went through 3 of the sample size jars. (i.e. the size that generally comes in gift sets, 0.5 oz) which comes out to be 1 full size jar.

As far as the packaging, I give it a 4. Totally recyclable packaging which is great for the environment. And the open jar allows you to get every last drop of this amazing moisturizer out. The only thing I don't like is that there is no way to keep the product out of the threads of the jar which can get a little messy and wasteful.

On to the actual product itself. The smell is a nice floral orange blossom scent. Its a creamy consistency that literally sinks into the skin almost instantly. Leaving my face feeling buttery soft and smooth. It has a way of almost making my skin feel more plump and hydrated. I stay hydrated in areas that are dry and matte in areas that get a bit oily. There are tons of fruit juices to keep the skin bright and radiant, and also tons of oils to keep it throughly moisturized. I will forever choose a fresh, eco friendly moisturizer over some toxic chemical mess that has been sitting on a shelf for who knows how long.

If you are interested in trying this one out but don't want to spend the hefty price tag of 89.95 (in the US) then try the Hello Gorgeous gift set. Its only $40 and the size of the moisturizer included is almost $30, plus you get quite a few other products that are definitely worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by rubybluecat1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using Gorgeous for well over a year now, and it's official: definitely an HG product! Yes, the price tag is a bit hefty. But one pot lasts me about 6-8 months with both morning and evening use, so it I don't consider the price a hindrance.

Most importantly, my skin loves it. And my skin can be pretty damn finicky. It's generally on the normal side, but I'm prone to occasional breakouts and if I'm really stressed I may get mild eczema. I recently hit the 30 year mark as well, so I'm more concerned about fine lines than I would've been say, five years ago.

Gorgeous keeps my skin beautifully in check, and well gorgeous. I haven't had any sign of eczema since using it, and it leaves my skin with a noticeable, youthful glow. I recently had someone I met for the first time guess my age as 19 - if that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is!

It also helped me weather the hormonal storm of going off birth control pills about 7 months ago. As someone already prone to acne, I was worried my skin would totally freak out. There was definitely an adjustment period where I was breaking out more than usual, but now my skin is back to it's even, glowing self (a side note: I found vitex really helped normalize my cycle too).

I noticed the reviews can really vary. If you have totally normal, and/or young skin, I could see how Gorgeous might not seem like it's doing that much for you. But if you need your moisturizer to balance your skin, or have found yourself in that age bracket where you can use a little help in the glow department, give it a try. Lush is always good about giving samples too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by shadel

well, in order for you to know if my review would benefit u or not, i think itz better for me to start describing my skin. So, i have an oily t-zone (blackheads non-stop eukh -_-", bumpy forehead) and dry cheeks. I don't know why i have that type of skin, it all started after going through a lot of stress. My skin broke out like CRAZY cuz of stress. Went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me differin, which was HORRIBLE!!!... since that disgusting cream, my skin got sooo bad. Anyways, i stopped using differin after a month and decided to go the natural way... purchased all sorts of creams dermaE, pevonia, etc etc, EVERYTHING! i even bought the clarisonic! oh man..wasted my money! Found this cream just 2 weeks ago, and i kind've hesitated cuz itz 85$ CAD. LET ME TELL U THAT ITZ THE BEST PURCHASE I'VE EVER MADE!! I seriously wish i knew abt Lush before. That cream saved my skin!! Gorgeous actually made my skin GORGEOUS. Hopefully i will see more improvements. My forehead used to be full of bumps, but that cream + another cleanser diminished that issue by ALOT!!!! i barely have nothing on my forehead. no more clogged pores!! I also realized that my acne scars faded !!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo happy!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Even though i find that their price is a bit too high, i wouldn't mind saving my money to buy it again... i agree that the packaging isn't so good cuz u put ur finger in the pot, but just make sure that u have clean hands. not such a big issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by iwannago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

ahhh gorgeous. a cream that will simply give you gorgeous skin! gorgeous from lush is a rich moisturizer that is made to make your skin glow. i use it in the winter months to give my skin extra nourishment. another great thing about it is the fact that a little goes a long way i remember when i first used this moisturizer i used the little bit of moisturizer that was stuck on the lid and it was too much! you really don't need much of this moisturizer at all. i would recommend this moisturizer to people with dry to combination skin. it won't be suitable for any extreme skin type. and now for the price tag i can actually appreciate the price tag of gorgeous because when you switch over from using creme de la mer which is a very costly moisturizer or something like chanel sublimage it seems so cheap! but really gorgeous is a holy grail moisturizer! it smells nice, moisturizes your skin, makes your skin glow and over time evens out your skin tone and evenness, what more could i want? the packaging also not to mention isn't my favourite because its not the most sanitary, but you really do get to use every last drop of the product which is always nice. if you don't want to fork out the money for this moisturizer at least get a sample of it from lush, its worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so let me start by saying that I quite enjoy this moisturizer! It's just great.
There's not much I can say about it except for the fact that this moisturizer has done an amazing difference for my skin and I don't think I can live without it. It has helped smooth the texture of my skin, and overall make my skin glow.
The only con, of course, is that it's literally $85.95, but to be honest, it really is worth it. First of all, its formulated with the following cold pressed oils: avocado oil, evening primrose oil, organic wheatgerm oil, organic grapeseed oil, and in addition, there is organic extra virgin olive oil, and extra virgin coconut oil. These ingredients are the reason why this moisturizer is so effective, thus why it is so expensive. When a product contains cold pressed oils AND organic oils on top of that, of course it won't be cheap!
Another thing I wanted to mention is how great it smells. It smells like its main ingredient- orange blossom honey water, in addition to the myrrh resinoid. It's like this super nice sweet fruity aroma. It's quite unique.
Previous to using Gorgeous, I was using Enzymion moisturizer by LUSH. Both moisturizers are pretty similar to each other. Enzymion is not as rich; it's lighter and less expensive. So I like to use that one in the warmer months, and Gorgeous in the colder, drier months.
So if you've used Enzymion before and thought it was just a bit too light, then I'd definitely recommend Gorgeous. Great for any skin type, but particularly normal to oily skin types as it is not going to be super moisturizing for very dry skins.
But overall, I'm very impressed! Definitely a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Cali22

This is not my everyday moisturizer. It was for a while, I used it every day, twice a day and bought 3 or 4 of these in that time. That is saying a lot because I have many drawers and cupboards full of skincare products and am not usually very loyal to one thing. I almost never finish a whole tub of moisturizer. However, I have a hard time justifying this price.

It smells so nice (nice orange blossom scent), moisturizes well and seems to even out my skin when I use it consistently. I notice a difference in one day- my skin just calms down. I'm not sure what it is but it appears to get rid of any dry patches, redness and heals the skin faster. It really is very nice. You do have to be careful to not use too much- I use about half the amount of this as any other moisturizer. It doesn't seem like much when you dab it on, but it goes a long way. So the tub of this really does last a long time for me.

It sits good under makeup, however, I usually prefer using it at night because it can be a bit heavy especially if you use too much. I get clogged pores really easily so if I use this consistently during the day my skin can get clogged. Once in a while during the day is usually fine for me.

I still get this sometimes in the gift box called Hello Gorgeous I think- its around $40 and you get this and some other products so it's a pretty good deal. You get a smaller little tub of it but it lasts me a while and satisfies me when I don't want to commit to the $90 large tub. You really have to commit to LUSH skincare and use it consistently or it will go bad. I have so many other moisturizers and I probably wouldn't use the big tub up before the expiry, so I don't want to waste money. I would consider buying it again as a special treat if I use up all my other stuff and have some extra money.

As for packaging, I know it is unsanitary and it bothers me slightly that I might be spreading germs, but I really love LUSH's packaging. It is easy to open and close, you can see how much you have left, and you can use every drop. Sometimes the top part of the tub gets gunked up and you have to wipe it off thus wasting product but I have never had it spill or leak so I am fine with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Shierine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is a very nice moisturiser, nice but not great. It smell better than Vanishing cream, more balanced in oil/water ratio (Vanishing cream is more watery and less oil). Just as light as vanishing cream and help the face to slightly glow. It is the best Lush moisturiser and the most expensive(In Australia, it retails AUD 74.95 for 45g!!)

Sadly the moisturiser does not do much to my skin. It will not help super dry skin as it is not that hydrating and on my oily combination skin, it performs just like vanishing cream with a slightly better smell. Thus, it does not 'wow' me enough to justify its price. I do believe there is better moisturiser out there and Georgeous is just a splurge.

Fun fact though, sourced from google which I'm not sure if it is true or not, this moisturiser was formulated for Lady Diana. Lush has since purchased the copyright of it and perhaps, that is why the price is so high.