December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Gorgeous

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by nicolewo

This stuff is a solid performer. I have combo leaning oily skin and it is just the right consistency, not too heavy, not too light.

While it keeps my skin hydrated and clear, it's no miracle worker. So with that in mind it is a little on the expensive side, although a little does go a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by disigney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

First off, I don't know what is in this moisturizer that causes it to be $90 retail. I received a sample of it from my sister, and I looked it up on their website and was appalled at the price.

Long story short, if you have oily skin, this moisturizer will be a nightmare for you. It's a very heavy, very rich moisturizer and it leaves a residue on your face that makes it feel greasy. It makes your skin appear shiny and oily within minutes. Wearing it under makeup, I had to constantly touch up my face.

I can definitely see this working for someone with very dry skin. But if your skin is oily, do yourself a favor and don't even think about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by dyjaee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I HATE myself for loving this moist... bcuz its so expensive.
I have tried for MONTHS to look for a good day time moisturizer.
Tried literally every brand, and even all the other moisturizers from lush.
Got a sample of this and i LOVE it.
BUT IT'S so expensive due to all the cold pressed oils in it (it's an expensive process).
Anyways... awesome light moisturizer for my dry blemish prone skin.
Gonna buy it again anyways.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Beautiful product! I use morning and night. I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks/eyes, and I use this all over my face (including eye area).

First I spritz my face with Lush's Tea Tree Toner (to purify/very antibacterial), then while my face is still wet, I apply a small amount of the Gorgeous Cream, smoothing in and all over my face. Gorgeous is lightweight, yet very moisturizing, so when I apply this way with Tea Tree toner it sheers it out, and the cream absorbs quickly and completely. Sometimes I add a tiny bit more cream under my eyes if they feel extra dry that day.

I love how it leaves my whole face feeling balanced and clean. Not heavy or greasy. Just .... perfect!

Also, my skin looks brighter and more even toned since using this cream. I have some spots on my face that have become noticably lighter, and my skin has an overall radiance now. Beautiful! Or rather ...... Gorgeous! Now I know where they got the name! :)

Pricey, but worth it. :)

Actually, now that I think about it, it's not really so pricey after all if you consider it replaces my day cream, night cream and eye cream. It's all 3 in 1 ... so for $85 that's pretty good. I've paid more than that for one tiny eyecream before. So actually, it's pretty darn economical!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Law08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

adore this stuff!
the smell.... out of this world!
it feels super light
super moisturizing
i just adore it and
its all natural! what
could be better??!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by ShannahBarrett

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually got this moisturizer in the Hello Gorgeous gift box for Valentine's Day!

Okay. This was the main reason I wanted this gift box in the first place. It is possibly the most luxurious thing I have ever put on my face! Right when you open it up it smells like fresh orange blossoms! And I think that's because there are actual orange blossoms in it!!! It's also the perfect moisturizer since it isn't too heavy or too light. It's like Goldilocks finding the perfect moisturizer that will make the three bears wanna try it! Ha! But joking aside, I really do think that it's prefect since it doesn't break me out and it gives me a nice healthy glow. Who doesn't want that!?

Another reason why I wanted this gift box was the price. You get all these great products including a .5 oz. pot of the Gorgeous moisturizer for only $40! The Gorgeous moisturizer by itself is $90 for a 1.5 oz. pot! So yeah, I would say to either always get the moisturizer along with the gift box or... and here's a little secret...................................................................................

And I think this might only apply to residents in the US but... I found out that the price of the gorgeous moisturizer is 40 pounds on the UK site which is about $66. So if you wanna buy the full size and save some money, I'd suggest buying it from the UK! You're welcome!!! ;)

If you want to see me talk about/use the Gorgeous moisturizer and all the products in the gift box, I also posted two videos on my YT channel!

LUSH! Hello Gorgeous Gift! (Part 1 of 2)

LUSH Hello Gorgeous Gift Demo & Review! (Part 2 of 2)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by lilypied

A HG staple beauty product for me. As someone who is on the cusp of wrinkles and still has some acne, this lotion saves the day. As others have said, it just calms skin down and reduces imperfections. Between this lotion and Mask of Magnaminty, my ance has improved tenfold. Before discovering Gorgeous, I had tried countless facial moisturizers with no discernable effect. After Gorgeous, I will never use another moisturizer again.

The biggest downside, of course, is the price. If you are young with perfect skin, this product is not for you. If you are frustrated by your wonky skin or concerned with impending wrinkles and would pay *anything* to have gorgeous skin, try this lotion.

Get a sample berfore you buy! Because Lush uses premium, fresh ingredients, a tub has a shelf life of about 3-6 months. Because it's my go to day and evening lotion, I use a tub in about 6 months.

I don't buy this from lushusa.com at $90 per tub. I order a tub or two from Lush UK website for $68 (at the current exchange rate). Even with the shipping, usually $10, I come out on top.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

So I bought "Gorgeous" on a whim. The salesperson was very careful to warn me repeatedly that I only needed a tiny amount. "One fingerprint", as he put it. So that's what I used. One fingerprint, pat on, and that's it. I barely used any, I couldn't feel any on my face, it was like it wasn't there.

Fast-forward less than a week and I'm breaking out with cystic acne after having not broken out for the last 3 months.

I returned this as fast as I could and got my money back: $97 DOLLARS.

The product itself has a very mild scent that I barely noticed, at first I thought it was unscented. It's more watery than creamy. The regular old off-white goop. Nothing special. Aside from the huge price tag it wasn't a particularly bad purchase, I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone to try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love lush and this was a lovely moisturizer. I am not typically sensitive skinned, but this made my eyes red, sore, and puffy. I suppose I could simply avoid the eye area but I feel it would bleed into the area regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by bethany389

This is absolutely HG material for me. I've been using it on and off for the last year and in that time I've went through 3 of the sample size jars. (i.e. the size that generally comes in gift sets, 0.5 oz) which comes out to be 1 full size jar.

As far as the packaging, I give it a 4. Totally recyclable packaging which is great for the environment. And the open jar allows you to get every last drop of this amazing moisturizer out. The only thing I don't like is that there is no way to keep the product out of the threads of the jar which can get a little messy and wasteful.

On to the actual product itself. The smell is a nice floral orange blossom scent. Its a creamy consistency that literally sinks into the skin almost instantly. Leaving my face feeling buttery soft and smooth. It has a way of almost making my skin feel more plump and hydrated. I stay hydrated in areas that are dry and matte in areas that get a bit oily. There are tons of fruit juices to keep the skin bright and radiant, and also tons of oils to keep it throughly moisturized. I will forever choose a fresh, eco friendly moisturizer over some toxic chemical mess that has been sitting on a shelf for who knows how long.

If you are interested in trying this one out but don't want to spend the hefty price tag of 89.95 (in the US) then try the Hello Gorgeous gift set. Its only $40 and the size of the moisturizer included is almost $30, plus you get quite a few other products that are definitely worth trying.