July 25, 2014 | 1986 users online

Fragrances - Serge Lutens - Bois de Violette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

I love violette, and woody perfume. this perfume opens up full violette and calm down into a warm spicy wood. Only minus it last about 5-6hr but it is pure pleasure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by lalki1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a happyer toned down version of feminite du bois, less spicy (thank god) and more floral. love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by sarah4250

Wow, I don't know how to describe this scent because I have never smelled anything like it. After reading Luca Turin's review, I had to give it a go. It's very unique and to me really does smell like what the color purple would smell like if it had a scent! I am thoroughly enjoying my sample. Warm, sweet, intriguing. My husband likes it as well on me. Pricey but it does smell expensive!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by chessablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sexy, dark violets, perfectly balanced - never cloying or candied and never so intense as to hit people over the head. I find it too intense for warm weather or active days, but love how long it lasts, and the way it settles into my clothes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There's a period of time in the beginning when the violets are just too much, but once that settles down, this is a beautiful violet-wood fragrance, perfectly balanced and blended.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by galbanum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Candied violets and cedar. Starts out playful and nostalgic, babyish in a vintage way.The violets are effervescent and floating, just loosely tethered to the very grounded cedar. On me, the violets don't settle down for hours, but when they finally nestle into the wood, it is revelatory, surprising, with perfectly balanced almost austere taste. The scent is romantic and old-fashioned, but not quite a grandmother scent. Instead, it's like digging in the attic and finding an old wooden chest, filled with mementos of your grandmother's secret wild life.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I liked the idea of this being part of the development of FdB , which I loved , this however I only like. It just doesn't have the beautiful complexity of it's 'mother' nor it's depth. I feel like this is a 'lite' variation and quite disappointing for it. It wasn't what I was imagining, a lovely powdery , woodsy violet . Still, nice though it hasn't the tenacity of Shiseido's FdB, good for those who like subtle scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by mysterious_scent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favorite Serge Lutens. Sweetened (but not overly sweet) violets and woods, mainly cedar. So smooth! It's warm and snuggy, perfect for winter. Strong yet close to skin, just the type of scent I adore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

For violet lovers, Feminite du Bois with a dash of violets on top. Very nice, but for my violets I think I prefer Insolence.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by amlang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cool-weather, bookish, mystic violet. Nothing young or shy about this scent. Well made and has an interesting progression. My skin pulls just a bit too much cumin from it, and it covers similar ground in my fragrance wardrobe as Feminite de Bois. Plus it doesn't respond well to extreme heat.

Outside of the SL line, itís closer to Dans tes Bras than Violetta di Parma.

Very low sillage. Excellent longevity (still distinct after 8+ hours)