ABBA ABBA Complete Shampoo

4.5

on 11/21/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I absolutely love this shampoo.
I am on my third BIG bottle of this.
Makes my hair livelier, bouncy, and shiny. Never weighs it down or makes it feel greasy. Would recommend for any hair type.

on 2/28/2008 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have been using this for 10 years and although i try other brands, i always come back to this or at least have this in rotation. It never fails to leave my hair silky smooth. I have fine, thin asian hair and it makes it feel soft and bouncy! i use it with the mint conditioner. once or twice a week i wash with suave to get residue off my scalp. on the back of the bottle it says, "a little goes a long way" and boy, they aint lying! I need a quarter size amount (and even that might be to much) for my medium length hair and it lathers up a lot! it's very creamy so it helps to add water and mix it a little in your hands before applying. Smells wonderful (fruity but not overwhelmingly sweet).

on 12/3/2007 3:00:00 PM

This shampoo was not my all time favorite-I would say that it is pretty good, but still looking for my holy grail. I liked the smell and my hair was not a tangled mess after shampooing with it and using another brand conditioner. One thing that I didn't like was the really thick consistency of it and how it took so much to get a lather. You have to really have wet hair when you apply it for it not to feel like sticky stuff all over your hair. I don't think I will repurchase this again.

on 11/12/2007 8:19:00 PM

Fantastic, nearly all natural shampoo. Read the ingredients--you can pronounce them, amazing. I have fine, long, color treated hair that is very picky -- too much crappy stuff like silicone, etc., leaves it limp. Not enough moisture leaves it a haystack. Complete is just right -- performs a lot like another favorite of mine, Pureology's NanoWorks (not the Hydrate crap) and Fekkai's Protein Rx. Hair is manageable, full of body, not limp if I want to blow dry it stick straight, everything you could ask for from a shampoo PLUS it's extremely gentle on color and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. It is, hands down, the best upper end grocery store type of shampoo ever -- and I've always been a huge fan of Abba's Nourishing leave-in conditioner (I wash it out!)

Complete is thick -- I emulsify it in my palms by rubbing them vigorously together then applying (this also helps it to lather more quickly, as this formula is a bit slow to get lather-y). In short, if you've got picky hair and you're looking to add a quality shampoo in rotation, this is a sure bet.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Loved the scent of this, however it's just far to drying to my hair.

on 5/26/2007 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been looking for a good vegan clarifying shampoo and picked this up from the lcoal grocery store. After one use I cannot explain why but my hair looks and feels like silk. I've been touching my hair all day shocked at how good it feels. Maybe the shampoo got rid of some residue so I'll keep using it to see if the results continue.

I really like this shampoo. I'm not too crazy about the scent, although it is pleasant, it smells sickly-sweet like gummy bears (reminds me of LUSH's Candy Fluff powder). The only con is that while it has lots of natural ingredients, sadly, it's not sulfate free. Halfway down the ingredient list you'll find ammonium lauryth sulfate, which is a drying ammonium deriditive. I also feel like I have to use a ton of product to get my hair clean, and that this takes a while to lather. Luckily, I have used this shampoo on off days with my Pureology shampoo and conditioner and haven't found it to be drying at all. This is a steal for the price, and I got this in a set with their Complete detangler, which I love as well.

on 1/24/2007 7:13:00 AM

JanC recommended this to me and I am really liking it. It is very gentle and doesn't dry out or strip my color. Just a small amount forms tons of bubbly lather. Smells so good - like peaches and coconuts. Super cheap for a salon product as well. I will rebuy this for sure.

on 1/10/2007 7:31:00 AM

After reading all the positive reviews on Abba Complete Shampoo I decided I had to try it. I have found my HG shampoo! This shampoo is amazing and doesn't fade the red in my red/brown hair. It's super gentle yet lathers up well. It works great with Abba Nourishing leave-in conditioner (love that Abba product as well). I am so happy I found the shampoo reviews while searching the Abba line in Productville. This is my HG shampoo and I've been searching for an HG shampoo for a long, long time.

on 9/13/2006 11:41:00 PM

Excellent lightweight shampoo. It lathers very well, so don't need to use a lot each time. I am taking one lipstick off only because sweet bubblegum scent is not my favorite, though tolerable.