October 31, 2014 | 1538 users online

Fragrances - Serge Lutens - Fleurs D' Oranger

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This scent is just dripping with gorgeousness. I try not to buy fragrances until I've really thought it over but HAVE to get a full size bottle of this stuff tout suite.

I like Jo Malone Orange Blossom and Robert Piguet Fracas and never would have thought that orange blossom and tuberose could coexist so beautifully, but they DO in this one, probably because Serge Lutens is brilliant. I've also been hella depressed lately and this is picking me up out of the funk a little bit, so that's cool.

Definitely recommend trying it if you get a chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

I tried this on in a department store but when I found out that it was 95 euros for 50mls I decided to buy it online for only 55 euros. It smells better after a few hours but the first hour I get a wiff of body odour mixed with orange blossom. Don´t get me wrong I do like the perfume but not in the first hour until it settles. It has good staying power and does smell better as the day goes on. Now I know that I can buy Serge Luten online at nearly half price I won´t bother forking out for the same perfume in a store when I can get it much cheaper.
I like Serge Luten perfumes as not everyone wears them (probably due to the price!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by tigrushka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got my Fleurs d'Oranger by accident, but it turned out to be a happy one. I've never been one for Big White Florals, but this one is more sunny yellow than white, and has a definite Mediterranean flavour with the rich orange blossom and jasmine notes and a hint of Middle East with warm spices. I love to wear this on dark and gloomy weather, because it takes me instantly to sunshine and warm breeze.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by shushkin2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had read many mixed reviews on this scent but I love neroli so I had to try it for myself. Scent is so personal so it was only fair. The first spritz and yes, it was very strong but the alcohol disappeared and it was so much better. It is so warm and rich that it is one of my winter scents. Its just too much for warmer months. There is quite a bit of sillage and it lasts for hours on me. I have hours of warm rich neroli with a touch gardenia. I love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I should have learned my lesson by now: never, ever spritz yourself with multiple spritzes of your newly received fragrance sample that you never smelled.
Two hours later, I'm left with the worst sensation ever: the sensation that I'm dressed with a sweater where three big fat male cats have spent the night, not only sleeping and snoring....
Hope you get the idea.
Strange, because I never smelled cats' urine in other fragrances, except from some musks. And because I'm a fond lover of Orange blossom (I've bought a 3.4 oz. bottle of L'AP Seville a l'Aube lately...).
But this one really hurt my nose: I guess it's the sharp tuberose-hibiscus notes that increase the acrid quality of the orange blossom. Or maybe I'm your average immature perfumista who can't handle the presence of quality raw products instead of synthetic ones in niche perfumery.
And yet, I believe Serge Lutens to be a creator of masterpieces and of fragrances I can't live without (namely Chergui, Feminité du Bois and Datura Noir). It's just that I can't grasp the full meaning of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by shanx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one my sister's favorites in her scent collection. Whenever I visit I spray this on myself and am transported by the beauty of this orange blossom concoction.
I find the longevity and sillage to be phenomenal.
I am tossing up whether to buy this for myself or just save it for the days when I raid her scent collection.
((It feels like such a little sister thing to do...still "dressing up" in her things though we are now in our late thirties;-))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I get no cumin at all from this only a beautifully balanced orange blossom with great staying power and sillage. It is hard to be critical of this scent as it is just so well put together. Perhaps I would have preferred it to be more indolic but that is just nit picking really - warm, gorgeous scent. I am on my second bottle

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells like B.O. Not in a good way. They should call this fragrance, "Dude, Take a shower!", or maybe, "Taxi Driver on the Hottest Day of Summer".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Melloney

I am completely in love with this Serge Lutens scent of sexy orange blossom magnified with tuberose, made delicious with hints of white rose and jasmine. It's magnificent. Fresh yet sultry ,heavy and yet not overbearing. Sexy and memorable - it may be one of the ' less interesting' Serge Lutens but it's a winner. It's a No. 1 orange blossom scent.
Opens strong, forceful and you think you'll be overcome but then ,FdO draws back to become a fluid orange blossom of subtlety and grace - a skin scent for hours. I feel I could almost drink this scent.
Lovers of 24 Faubourg by Hermes should adore this one. I prefer this over the Hermes.
6 lippies.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Thewhitefeather

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I respect all and love many of the Serge Lutens fragrances. Immensely. I love the scent of orange blossom. Immensely. Serge Lutens Fleurs D'Oranger smells neither Serge Lutens or Orange Blossom. It smells like orange slice candy straight up. No complexity, linear and I'm so lost here.