Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

on 8/22/2015 5:19:00 AM

I thought this was an okay perfume in high school, but testing it out now, years later, I think this perfume has a sickly sweet odor that I would not want clinging to me. The packaging is really cute, and I can understand the teenage attraction to the product, but the scent is way too cloying and synthetic smelling. The price is modest, so this would make for a good starter perfume for young girls.

on 8/22/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This actually smells great, if you are into very sweet smells. It doesn't come across as synthetic, if that makes sense. And not too young. Definitley not a mature scent by any means, but I'm in my late 20's and don't feel ridiculous wearing it. Also, on me, perfumes tend to not last long at all. Even fancy higher end ones. This one does, though. Don't overdo it. It lasts all day on me.

on 8/4/2015 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I'm not a product snob in any field. Who made the wine doesn't matter if it tastes good. What the singer looks like doesn't matter if she can sing. The label on the dress doesn't matter if it's cheaply made and doesn't flatter your shape. And so on.
So I have MANY perfumes, well over a hundred, and they vary from juices that cost two or three hundred dollars a bottle to juices that I paid less than ten for. I'll try anything once, and if I like the way it smells then I care not one whit whose name is or isn't on the bottle. I also run the gamut of perfumes. There are aquatics, orientalist, white florals, gourmands, etc in my stash.
I must have some rare body chemistry where many things smell pleasant on me, but for most of my life ALL perfume gave me killer headaches and stuffy face. For this reason I do admit to having less love overall for florals as they were always the worst offenders.
Fantasy was one of the only scents I could wear without major issue, and I'm grateful to it for that. This and TM Angel are the reigning empresses of the gourmand field. If you hate perfumes that smell like candy or cake, well don't buy this. No need to knock it for being what it is. But if that's what you're looking for, go buy this right now.
Also, though attracting men is by no means the only or even A reason to buy perfume...IF that's your goal, I have yet to meet the man who doesn't like this scent. It's well known by now that men are attracted to food smells over floral smells, the simple beasts. ;) Mine certainly digs it, luckily for him, cause I'd still wear it if he didn't.
This scent can be had very cheaply, at less than ten dollars for the half-ounce size. Try it out if you like cookies or cake or candyish smells.
Don't go hog wild. It's got good lasting power and decent projection. You may not smell it anymore but others do. It smells good on clothing too, and changes less. On skin you will get more of a progression from fruit to cupcake to a near-smokiness (good smoky, not ashtray smoky).
On another note I see tons of people claiming this has been reformulated. False in my opinion. I own an original bottle ( back when the band around the nozzle had rhinestones it too) and several 'new formula' bottles. They smell the same to me. (Which also goes to show that if you will STORE your juice properly, some scents can last forever and not 'turn'. That bottle is what, ten or eleven years old? Thanks, Britney, for the lovely scent, and I'll keep buying it as long as EA makes it. Yummy!!

on 7/19/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have the little bottle and just love the packaging. I'm not crazy about the initial spray because it is floral. The dry down notes leave you with frosted cupcakes and smells like Pink Sugar which I love.

on 6/3/2015 3:30:00 PM

This smells freaking amazing. Nearly every one of my friends has or has had this perfume at some stage. My partner compliments me whenever I wear it. I got it on sale for $15.99 and am so happy with it. It's such a pretty bottle too!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

My absolute favorite everyday perfume, and I have a lot of perfumes! When first sprayed, it smells super sweet, like sugary flowers. After a couple of minutes of wear, the sweetness is replaced with more sweet floral notes. I think this lasts all day long, and I always get compliments on my perfume. This lasts even longer in my clothes for some reason, but no complaints! I'd bathe in this stuff if I could! To top it off, this bottle looks so pretty in my collection! I love Britney Spears fragrances!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This perfume reminds me of Christmas. The bottle and scent are fun and festive. It's like pretty little vanilla cupcakes topped with fruit. There's frosting, kiwi, and lots of sugary sweetness. I do think it's a lot in warm weather but it somehow smells so nice in cold winter weather.

This perfume is o.k.but not an excellent one.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Strong, sweet scent with a blast of kiwi and litchi upon spraying. You're left with a vanilla frosted cupcake after the fruits disappear. I can also smell a little dark orchid in here. Fantasy is one of my favourite perfumes for cold weather. It's just so warm, comforting and delicious. It can be cloying in warm weather, so perhaps it's better to avoid it or use it sparingly in summertime.

Fantasy is long lasting and can fill up an entire room with its scent. I like spraying it on my scarf in winter time, so that I can enjoy it every time I go outside. It's a simple, recognizable and affordable scent. The bottle looks like a pink handgrenade though. That's my only problem with it.

on 3/19/2015 9:57:00 AM

I LOVE this perfume. If like me, you like sweet floral candy scents, then this is for you. It's lasting power is pretty good. It's reasonably priced. I can't get enough of this perfume. Every time I wear this, I get compliments. I've also noticed, my male friends seem to love this scent as they always make comments. I have high end expensive perfumes that I still wear, but this is up there with them! I tend to use this for day and wear something more stronger for night. I once mixed this accidentally with another perfume and surprisingly it was very pleasant. I will continue to buy this. I hope they never discontinue this perfume. I'm on my 4th 100ml bottle. I don't care how old I am, this will continue to be on my dresser always. :)

Popular Fragrances