November 22, 2014 | 941 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish - New Vegas

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 3:24:00 PM More reviews by GirlOverboard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so in love with this. I'm quite fair, but I've recently fallen in love with sheer gold makeup because it makes me look all glowy. This is one of my favorites. It is sparkly (and after wearing this & cuddling with someone, he was sparkly, too!) but it's not very chunky glitter. I add it on top of my NARS Orgasm multiple on my cheekbones & it works wonders. I'm so in love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by marwaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first MSF seeing as how I'm a little afraid of glitter on my face. But as I've discovered, at least with this - it's not as glittery as I imagined & thus feared. & going off the reviews here, this is supposed to be a lot more chunky in it's giltter size in comparison to other MSF's. My idea or my pre-conceieved ideas of MSF's & in particular the chunky ones, was scary HUGE glitter - in essence ACTUAL chunky, clowny, giant disco ball, craft store, school use GLITTER! So if this is considered "chunky" & the others are more finely milled than this, then consider my interest piqued in trying out more! Anywho, this is a lovely yellow gold colour when swatched on the back of my hand & applied to the face, though it isn't hugely pigmented which in turn means you don't look like a simpson. It IS still a little more glittery than the kind of metallic sheen I prefer, but it's still nice for night time. It's very Kim Kardashian-esque (I'm Kim Kardashian obsessed) & especially similar to what she was wearing as her highlight for her 2009 birthday. I believe Mario D. used Giella cosmetics, but the colour is very close to this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by natuerlich0207maria

This MSF is a pure golden shimmer color with soft copper brown veining. It's not that glittery on my but it larges my pores heavily. and if you don't want that much glitter on your face tap off the glitter by hitting the wand of your brush onto your finger than the glitter falls out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by svetlana89

This is such a pretty soft gold MSF it's a shame a lot of people don't like it. From the Alexander McQueen collection, I love the name "New Vegas". It does rather remind me of the Las Vegas desert I adore. The MSF is pretty just to look at.
Anyways, this isn't a glitter bomb on me. I'm about NC30/35 and it is a great highlighter that isn't like a pearly/pink lightscapade sort of highlighter, it's a light gold highlight that really brings my cheekbones out. I think it's great as an alternative to blush or bronzer. If you're pale this will probably be too glittery, but if you're fair/medium it's beautiful. Would def repurchase!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

all this does is put gold glitter on my face and highlight my pores. im really glad this was not my first encounter with MSFs. i never would have bought them again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ledisxo

This msf is fun and sexy, not really for everyday looks but great for going to the club since its so glittery ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do like New Vegas but I hardly ever reach for it. It's a very subtle, soft gold which is extremely pretty. Since I'm not much of a gold person, it does tend to get forgotten about somewhat. Can be a tad glittery. I apply with either the 187 or 188 & tap it against the back of my hand before application to disperse some of the glitter chunks. Buffing in with the 182 helps somewhat.
When I do remember to wear it, it's usually with peachy blushes but that's what I usually use Glissade for.
Pretty but not essential for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a glitterbomb - I only have it because I collect MSFs. Worse than just being glitter, it's also chalky. I'm not even sure how that happens! Anyway it's meant to give a light gold color, but you only really get that if apply it with your fingers and spread it out that way. If you use a brush, forget it - you'll just end of hating it.

Its one of those things that you can make work it you want it too, but makeup shouldn't be an IQ test.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by xokerrybaybii

This was my first mineralise skinfinish and i love it! The colour is lovely and although i don't use it at the moment i will deffinatly go back to it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by almost40

RIS and I do like it BUT it is more glittery than my other msf's.That apart,it is a lovely colour and I wont ever swap or give it away.