October 25, 2014 | 870 users online

Pressed Powders - Paul & Joe - Pressed Powder - 02 Vanille

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

I bought during sales. I only paid USD 16 for the refill. I bought Anna Sui's compact case to put this refill, it fit perfectly. I have best of both world:)

Okie, it is white shimmer on compact. Once you pat on your face, it is actually translucent. I use this to set my makeup. It doesn't adds any colour, just some shimmer on my skin. It doesn't make you look like disco ball. The Quality is superb. I would love to get the actually compact once i am done with my current 2 refills.

Love P&J makeup, it is the best brand in the market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't actually reviewed this yet so here I go.

I bought this at the start of the year, I've had it for about 4 or 5 months now and have the following comments on it.

The good things about this product are first of all, the packaging - beautiful pearlised pink compact with a pretty flower design, it's dreamy, it comes with a very good quality paul and joe puff inside which makes it look very luxe. It is beautiful to look at. So of course the packaging is the first good thing you see about the product.
When you shine a bright light on this powder it does sparkle, that's what made me buy it in the first place!! It looks like "angel powder", gorgeous!!

The powder is very finely milled so be careful how rough you are with your brush, you only need to stroke your powder brush over this to get some product on, no crazy swirling to be done with this product otherwise you'll be showing pan within a month I should think!!

The powder leaves a lovely finish on my face, and I haven't noticed any oiliness with it. It's probably not the BEST powder for oil, though my face isn't really one to test on as I don't suffer that much. It's more of an evening finishing powder to be honest, not the most practical product out there for sure.

The bad things about the product are the price first of all....it's very expensive but then it IS luxury, secondly I don't think you get much (it's very finely milled so you could run out quick!).

Regarding the vanille colour, if you're the palest of the pale then this is the one for you, I have to say that I should have brought a different colour to be honest, that sucks for me I guess but my own fault!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 1:57:00 AM More reviews by tarumeow

This pressed powder contains sparkling powders. at first i worried it's going to make my face too shinny, but turns out it actually brightens my complexion to natural glow instead of making dramatic sparkling effect =D. love it so much!!! the money is definitely worth it. i take it out and use it whenever my make up seems faded or my face look dull or tired, does a very good job =). * coverage is not too good if you only use it alone w/o any foundation or powder first, it's more like highlighting powder you put on after foundation, you can use it alone just to add glow if you have a very good skin already and don't need much coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by acee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very fined-milled powder. The shimmer is quite subtle...you can see it but it won't scream out at you. I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by chelsear

This is a gorgeous pressed powder highlighter. My one warning is that if you are looking for a traditional touch up powder, this is not the product you want. Also, for anyone using Paul & Joe's loose powder in vanilla, you should know that this is quite a bit darker. When I 1st got it I thought it was a traditional pressed powder and blotted some on to my nose. Instant orange nose! How alluring. Since then I have started dusting this on my cheekbones as a highlighter and love it. This has just a touch of shimmering gold to it, is incredibly finely milled, and so creamy that it just melds with your skin. Paul & Joe's packaging is gorgeous as usual, so despite not being what I thought it was, this product is a winner in my books.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by blueaygi

LOVELY SHIMMER! If you want to look like an angel, USE THIS! I was debating between the shimmer pressed powder from the Becca line and i'm so glad i chose Paul & Joe! The becca shimmer is more of a sheen because of the mica. The Paul & Joe pressed powder has shimmer and sheen! sooo pretty! just be careful not to overdo it and put too much on. I gently dusted this with a big fluffy brush onto my face over my makeup and my face just lit up! I've been searching for the perfect shimmer face powder ever since i saw Hilary and Haylie Duff's music video "My Lips are Sealed." In the video, Hilary's face is perfectly sparkly and this pressed powder gives you that look! Perfect for a night out with your girls or when you have a date that you want to impress with your glowing skin! Oh! just a tip, it works EVEN BETTER if you use it to set a creme or liquid foundation =O) and the compact it comes it is just TOO cute! i can't stop raving about it! my only gripe is that the puff it comes with sits directly on top of the powder. i seriously dislike compact cases that are designed like that. Normally it would have made me not purchase it, but since i use a brush and i won't be carrying it around with me anyway i am a happy camper.