August 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Palettes - Stila - Perfectly Sage Palette Fall 2005

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by yossarian

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't know how I've never reviewed this one before. Previous reviewers have done a great job describing why its so fantastic. This is a really gorgeous palette. As a fair redhead I'm thrilled with the versatility of these shades (3 shadows & the blush). Works beautifully for dramatic night and subtle day looks. Shadows blend seamlessly. The darkest green shadow makes a beautiful liner wet or dry, alone or over a pencil liner. I have never received so many compliments on my eye makeup as when I've used this palette. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by BreAnn21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this cute palette in a swap. I have dark brown eyes and fair skin with pink undertones and keep being told that greens will make my eyes pop. Yesterday I wore all three of the eyeshadows. I used the lightest colour as a brow highlighter. I didn't like the yellow tone of it on my skin. I ended up using my normal usual shimmer wash on top of this pale yellow colour. I used the light green between my contour and liner area, then the dark green colour as the outer V colour. I lined my eyes with my EL Forest Writer. It was a very pretty smokey look. My only problem besides the yellow shade is the fall out from the shadows but they blended great.

I have yet to try the blush. It is pretty in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 2:55:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the colours in this adorable tweed palette, they're just... perfect! Although I don't wear colors on my eyes frequently, because I stick to my neutrals and greys, I reach for this when I feel like something bolder and colorful: my brown eyes just get better with these greens. I also like the peachy blush, it gives a hint of healthy color to my cheeks, especially in winter.
It's such a pity that Stila colors are so wearable and good, because I hate to ruin the beautiful palettes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My favourite of the 'Perfectly' palettes from Fall 2005, Perfectly Sage is a smoky green palette which belies the theory that green eyed girls shouldn't wear green eyeshadow.
It features a creamy ivory base with a hint of shimmer, a sage green crease shade and a dark moss green liner along with a matte peach blush.
The overall effect is stunning and is a nice twist on a smoky eye. The liner shade in particular is gorgeous. It's so well pigmented that when used wet it looks like liquid liner. Stila would do well to put this shade in their regular line.
The blush complements the eyeshadows perfectly. It gives a warm flush of colour without overbalancing the look.
I'm not a fan of the packaging, especially as the blush is so close to the liner shade. I use quite a big blush brush and I have to be very careful not to pick up any of the dark green when I'm swiping the blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by nd1282

I own all four perfectly palettes; this is my favorite by far. I love green on my brown eyes, and this palette creates the perfect smoky green eye. Colors are: pale gold, greenish-gold, and a deep forest green. Soft, buttery, and highly pigmented, these blend like a dream. Very impressed by this item- in fact, it lead me to purchase the rest of the collection. Can occasionally be found on the cheap on Ebay. If you can, buy this- you won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

I am completely taken with this palette.

Color description:

The middle shadow is a beautiful, shimmery, mermaid green. Not a smoky grey-green or a neutral green, but a real Tinkerbell green, like Milani Clover. Used dry it brings out my eyes and makes them bedroom-y. Used wet it is full pigment; a striking but very pretty look. The highlighter complements it subtly; it does look a little too light and greyed-out on me I think, but it works. I don't know that I will use it. The hunter green liner comes off as smoky chocolate charcoal on me; it keeps the eye muted. The peachy blush is youthful and fresh-faced, just gorgeous. I love light peach and jade green together. Any plum, rose, red or pink blush would have looked garish and dragon-lady. Stila nailed this one.

Use:

I like to use Milani Illusion or UD X in the inner V - a shiny peachy pink to highlight. It looks great with a muted pinky-nude lipstick. Viva Glam V is pretty good. If you can handle a lot of color on both eyes and lips, it also looks nice with a mahogany lip like NARS Hellfire.

I don't think I've ever seen any color combinations so lovely on me, if I do say so myself :) I am PPP with dark brown hair and green eyes. It reminds me very much of Eva Green's look. For non-red carpet use, I really love it with some thick-framed tortoise-shell glasses. Makes it sophisticated, so you don't look too much like a tree nymph, and plays down the eyes until you really look into them and see how gorgeous the shadow is. Lurve, lurvelurve! I would love to wear this as a signature everyday look, if my boss wasn't a Mother Superior type who hates me for being able to use a mirror. Anyway it would probably not work all-season. It would lose impact, and people would think I was plain-looking when I wore something else. Otherwise, hot damn!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by stilafanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is one of my favorite Stila palettes, they did a great job of pairing all these shadows together, they are great, i especially love the packaging, the green tweed is so adorable! The lightest shade is a very subtle browbone highlighter, it reminds me a lot of Wheat, but has a touch of yellow to it, if that makes sense. The middle shade is the prettiest to me, it really brings out the blue in my blue-green eyes. The darkest shade can be used as a crease shadow or as a liner, I have very oily lids, so to make it last longer, I dip my brush first in Urban Decay Primer Potion and it lasts a long time that way. The peach blush is sooo pretty, it's perfect in this palette, I like to pair a peachy nude lip with it. I would gladly rebuy this palette or the colors separately and highly recommend it. I'm a NW20, brunette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2007 9:31:00 PM More reviews by tweettweet

I took one lippie off cuz the blush is a bit small and too close to the darkest e/s. I purchased mine at the cco, not sure if i would of bought it at regular price.
The colors are amazing and fun. there's a pic taken in daylight on my profile if your interested in seeing for yourself :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kerroppifreak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

very nice colors and makes for a wonderful smokey eye. definitely dramatic look and really does show up! I love this palette for a smokey eye or a dramatic look when I don't feel like using eye liner. would def. purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am shocked I haven't reviewed this palette yet! Stila Perfectly Sage is a great palette for my coloring -- PPP with green hazel eyes and auburn hair. The blush is likely to be too pale for anyone but PPPs, but on my very fair skin it shows up as a super-soft baby peach. I am not typically drawn to matte blushes but the blush in this palette is a nice, subtle change from my usual shimmery shades. The eyeshadows are spectacular IMO -- their texture is just soft, silky, shimmery goodness. The lightest shade is a delicate pale ivory/gold which makes a great base and/or highlight color. The middle shade is a fresh sage green -- not washed out or dirty looking but saturated and rich. The darkest shade is a blackened hunter green that works as a liner or to smoke up the crease. The packaging for this palette is a bit... er... unusual but I have traveled with it multiple times without incident so I cannot complain. It is nice that the palette is small enough to slip into my purse yet is the amount of product is still very reasonable. I highly suggest this palette to anyone who is a fan of green eyeshadows and especially to any redheaded PPPs.