January 29, 2015 | 1947 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2015 7:23:00 PM More reviews by rrpod

I like to experiment with different cleansers, but this one didn't do it. It was good, don't get me wrong, it just wasn't the best. The product feels very good after a long day with the foam, but the rest of the night my mouth will taste like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Delaware

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is fragrance free which my skin likes. Although, I do not think that this product does a good job taking off a full face of makeup I do like to use Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser in the morning to start my face fresh and clean. It did not irritate or cause my sensitive, rosacea skin to be red or irritated.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Lynnlovesmakeup

I have sensitive skin and thought Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser would be a good choice for a cleanser.

No break outs, but cleanser is drying to my skin. Face felt tight and dry after washing my face with this. I wash my face twice before bed. Want to make sure all makeup is removed. Cleanser did do a good job with removing makeup.

Will not repurchase. Need a cleaner that is calming and non-drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This Cleanser was very drying, on my combination acne prone skin: My cheeks and upper face were tight and flaking after using this for a few days. I had to return it.

Pro: It does remove makeup, if you are on the oily side it may be good.

It's not irritating, no fragrance, or dyes.

I used to use their discontinued green foaming cleanser to remove makeup with no issues, but this formula is drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Beautyinabottle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find that this foaming cleanser does what it says. It calms down irritated skin and cleanses without drying. I do not like the pump. It works for awhile, and then it stops working. You have to then push it down and pull it back up after it stops working to pump out the foam. It does that with every bottle bought. I am not sure why the company has not done anything about it. Maybe I should write to them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by celestesong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great drugstore cleanser for sensitive skin. I use this with my Olay spin brush and find it does a great job removing any make up, especially SPF-based products. It can be just a little bit drying, so I will usually alternate this with a creamier cleanser, like Cetaphil. Most importantly, this is salicylic acid free -- so you won't have any harsh peeling or drying while still working against acne. This cleanser has really helped control any blemishes/redness.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ckelley91

I started using this product because I have facial redness and thought it would calm my skin. I also have very sensitive skin and have heard good things about Aveeno products so I figured I'd give it a try. It didn't do much for my facial redness but I will say it did keep my acne to a minimum. After looking at the Aveeno moisturizers I became very disappointed to learn that the Aveeno ultra calming moisturizer has fragrance in it.. which I am very sensitive to. That's the reason why I liked the cleanser, but will not be buying it anymore due to the fact that the moisturizer is not fragrance free. Anything that is supposed to be "calming" should not have fragrance in it. Also, after much research I wouldn't want to put Aveenos paraben ridden products on my face, anyway. I've gone a different route with my skin care routine and my facial redness and occasional acne have completely gone away.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

This is an average cleanser. It doesn't do anything amazing for my skin but it didn't dry it out or break it out either. My skin basically stayed the same the whole time I was using it. It was very nice too use and the foam felt nice on my face. There are better cleansers out there that actually improve my skin though so I wouldn't repurchase. This would be good if you already have good skin and are looking for something for just cleansing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Heifzilla

I quite like this cleanser. I have a lot of redness in my face due to a previous skin issue, and this cleanser doesn't make the redness worse. It is not drying to my skin at all and doesn't leave my face feeling tight. I love the foam, and I feel that it gets my skin very clean (I don't use a lot of makeup on my face to have to clean off). The smell is neutral and not offensive in any way. I like to mix this with a small amount of apricot scrub to get a nice exfoliation every couple of days. Definitely a product I will keep using.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sugargrit

This is exactly what I've been looking for in a face cleanser. I have dry skin, and most cleansers seem to make it worse. I tried Neutrogena's Extra Gentle cleanser, and it broke me out like crazy.

This stuff is awesome. It cleans my face, doesn't break me out, and even better, it doesn't dry out my already dry skin!