February 27, 2015 | 1872 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2015 5:27:00 PM More reviews by erobert714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I don't know why I haven't reviewed this cleanser since I guess it's a HG status for me. I've been using it ever since I got off Clinique's disgusting 3 step system, which has been about 2 years now. I tried switching to two different cleansers: CeraVe's foaming cleanser and First Aid Beauty's cleanser... both of which dried out my skin. I have SUPER sensitive skin, especially when it comes to cleansers. My skin can sometimes be a little dehydrated so that may be why they dried my skin, since they were a little too foaming. Even though this cleanser foams, it's very gentle. I don't see how this could strip anyone's skin. Even though I have some oiliness, I feel like this helps to effectively remove the "bad" oils from the morning or night. Honestly, I have been trying to find a better one just because but I'm too afraid since I've tried switching two times now and my skin was like NOPE. I've actually used Boots expert foaming one as well, and my skin was fine with it but I think this one is much more soothing and makes my skin softer.

Basically, if you have sensitive skin that's easily irritated or stripped, this would be perfect. Is the best option for oily skin? Probably not, but it works for me. I have not noticed any break outs from this cleanser. I just get hormonal breakouts and do struggle with mild acne anyways. I would recommend trying this. It's definitely one of the best at the drugstore. I think this and CeraVe's are probably the best as far as the ingredients list goes at the drugstore.

There are hardly any fragrance free options either at the drugstore, this is like one of probably six or seven that are truly fragrance free. I think I'd really be heartbroken if they ever discontinued this. The only con is that this probably does not effectively remove heavy makeup but I don't mind because I don't wear makeup. Overall, if you're in the market for a gentle cleanser, this is definitely worth a shot. It's not the most glorious cleanser, but it works for me and if it's not broke don't fix it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2015 8:23:00 AM More reviews by alurabelle

I can't live without this face wash! I have very sensitive, acne prone skin. I also have PCOS, so I get hormonal acne frequently. Diet changes have cured most of that, but I definitely still get breakouts when my hormones fluctuate around that time of the month! Well I have tried just about every combination of cleanser, cream, moisturizer, spot treatment, mask, etc. there is...this is the BEST cleanser I've used yet. I stuck with cetaphil for awhile after giving up on all medicated products (I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid never seemed to truly help). But then I got brave and tried this, and I'm so glad I did. It doesn't dry my skin out (even cetaphil can do that to me in the winter). It helps significantly with breakouts. And it washes off all my makeup without leaving my skin feeling dry or tight. If I even miss using this once and use some other cleanser I pay for it the next day with new breakouts. So now I always make sure I have a bottle around! It is $6.77 at walmart, so that can't be beat for being such an amazing product for me. I can't praise this stuff enough!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2015 11:09:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This was an okay cleanser, but for oily skin it may not clean as thoroughly as you would like it to. I used this when my skin was on the irritated side and I wanted to use a product that would not strip my skin nor cause additional breakouts. This did a fair job at that. Now that I have shopped around for better products, I think that I have found better foaming cleansers that will not irritate my skin but that also help to manage acne (L'Occitane's Angelica Lemon Foaming Cleanser does a great job at that without stripping the skin). This is a decent drugstore buy in a pinch.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2015 7:23:00 PM More reviews by rrpod

I like to experiment with different cleansers, but this one didn't do it. It was good, don't get me wrong, it just wasn't the best. The product feels very good after a long day with the foam, but the rest of the night my mouth will taste like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Delaware

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is fragrance free which my skin likes. Although, I do not think that this product does a good job taking off a full face of makeup I do like to use Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser in the morning to start my face fresh and clean. It did not irritate or cause my sensitive, rosacea skin to be red or irritated.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Lynnlovesmakeup

I have sensitive skin and thought Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser would be a good choice for a cleanser.

No break outs, but cleanser is drying to my skin. Face felt tight and dry after washing my face with this. I wash my face twice before bed. Want to make sure all makeup is removed. Cleanser did do a good job with removing makeup.

Will not repurchase. Need a cleaner that is calming and non-drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This Cleanser was very drying, on my combination acne prone skin: My cheeks and upper face were tight and flaking after using this for a few days. I had to return it.

Pro: It does remove makeup, if you are on the oily side it may be good.

It's not irritating, no fragrance, or dyes.

I used to use their discontinued green foaming cleanser to remove makeup with no issues, but this formula is drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Beautyinabottle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find that this foaming cleanser does what it says. It calms down irritated skin and cleanses without drying. I do not like the pump. It works for awhile, and then it stops working. You have to then push it down and pull it back up after it stops working to pump out the foam. It does that with every bottle bought. I am not sure why the company has not done anything about it. Maybe I should write to them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by celestesong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great drugstore cleanser for sensitive skin. I use this with my Olay spin brush and find it does a great job removing any make up, especially SPF-based products. It can be just a little bit drying, so I will usually alternate this with a creamier cleanser, like Cetaphil. Most importantly, this is salicylic acid free -- so you won't have any harsh peeling or drying while still working against acne. This cleanser has really helped control any blemishes/redness.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ckelley91

I started using this product because I have facial redness and thought it would calm my skin. I also have very sensitive skin and have heard good things about Aveeno products so I figured I'd give it a try. It didn't do much for my facial redness but I will say it did keep my acne to a minimum. After looking at the Aveeno moisturizers I became very disappointed to learn that the Aveeno ultra calming moisturizer has fragrance in it.. which I am very sensitive to. That's the reason why I liked the cleanser, but will not be buying it anymore due to the fact that the moisturizer is not fragrance free. Anything that is supposed to be "calming" should not have fragrance in it. Also, after much research I wouldn't want to put Aveenos paraben ridden products on my face, anyway. I've gone a different route with my skin care routine and my facial redness and occasional acne have completely gone away.