September 1, 2014 | 1256 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Deep Moisture creamy facial cleanser

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by MoonUnit91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had to double check to make sure I was reviewing the right product - this "deep moisture" cleanser completely dries my face out! I purchased this for three reasons: because it's winter and my skin is dry, because it was cheap, and because I've had good experiences with Dove cleansers in the past. I always use an oil first to remove makeup/grime, followed by a foaming or cream cleanser. When using this my skin felt super tight and even made that squeaking noise, like when you're polishing a car or rubbing your teeth with your finger (terrible examples, I know). The skin around my nose also got red and flaky, which usually only happens if I have a killer cold.

I hate wasting products so I will continue to use this and see if things get better over time, but right now I am disappointed. And squeaky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a creamy, moisturizing, foaming cleanser. I wouldn't recommend this to acne prone people but if you have normal or dry skin this would be an excellent cleanser to use in the mornings. I find it does not do a very thorough job at removing my makeup at night on it's own. Overall it's not a bad cleanser, but it doesn't "wow" me. I doubt I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by hazel521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS CLEANSER!!! It's not drying my skin and cleans very well. The foams are really nice and soft. The price is pretty affordable. Definitely need to try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by pointoforder

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very thick pearlised cream. You don't need very much to do your entire face - it is very concentrated - and it smells the same as Dove soap. It isn't a dupe for Pond's long-ago discontinued Foaming Cleanser & Toner In One; this reminds me more of Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser.

It cleans well, and didn't dry me out, but it contains petrolatum which I would rather avoid in a cleanser.
Worst of all, it burns my eyes when I rinse it off. If you are on the oily side, don't mind the scent and avoid your eyes (or maybe it is just me who had that reaction), then it is inexpensive and effective.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I always switch my cleanser for some reason, cetaphil soap is too gentle and I normally do not like bars. This cleanser is in general a wonderful product for me in terms of its price and result delivered.
The white creamy texture emulsify easily, bubbles are tiny, smooth and intensive. I use about 1 teardrop of it and I can get enough bubbles for my face. It is not a heavenly product in terms of its cleansing property. It is very moisturizing and people who prefer to feel tingling after washing face would not appreciate this one.
I use it after I use fancl oil makeup remover to give face a splash and to wash off remain makeup+oil cleanser residue. This one is not drying and not causing any breakouts for my extremely sensitive skin. And it is cheap. I don't think this product alone would provide a good thorough cleansing result for anyone. So use it wisely. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 7:54:00 AM More reviews by rookicass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very good gentle product. I have acne-prone skin (makeup clog my pores easily and is the culprit of my breakouts). Dove has helped to calm my skin and I never get breakout from using it. It doesnt leave residue and skin feels soft. I read other reviews and have mentioned that this contain too much chemical so sensitive skin needs to beware, well, my skin seems to be fine with it. This is definitely a staple. HG for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Semolina20

I bought this last week thinking it would be a nice change and make my skin feel fresh. However the smell was disgusting - reminded me of a toilet air-refresher! and all that cheap and nasty perfume cant be healthy for the skin!I used it once but that did not stop me from taking it back for a refund! i would not use it if i was paid!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by annemariec

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Obviously there are many people who get good results with this but I am not one of them. It gives me itchy little spots. Not really badly, but enough to turn me off. If your skin is prone to breaking out, be cautious with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser smells heavenly! Just a dab lathers up enough for the entire face. It removes dirt, oil, and makeup in just one wash. My skin is so soft and smooth. One thing to keep in mind, must avoid contact with eye because it stings.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by PrincesssA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product smells great, really fresh. And the texture is nice, leaves skin feeling hydrated. However, this make me break out terribly. As soon as I stopped using it my skin cleared up. Do not use this product if you have a tendency to break out, even occassionally like myself.