October 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Polishes - OPI - Go on Green

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

What a fun colored, unique polish! This color reminds me a lot of a mermaid's fin as it has a bit of green, lavender and silver reflect going on. I would have never purchased this color on my own but it's been a great and fun suprise to my somewhat monotonous nail polish collection. Very sheer so you need to add 3 to 4 layers to get the color you want but it's very workable and doesn't get clumpy or streaky.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by SwordChant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Go-On Green is a beautiful baby blue with green and lavender reflects. I do really like the colour, but even with four coats, I cannot bring this polish to an opaque finish and still have a decent amount of nail line showing. I'm at a very active job and after my four hour shift tonight, I could already see a bit of dirt through the polish. I haven't tried layering it with any other polishes, although I do suspect that it would look marvelous over a blue or green. Whenever I go for this shade, I end up looking past the thin coverage and I really do love this colour for spring and winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by itgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A pale watery blue with lime-green shimmer that takes several coats to become opaque. The colour shifts depending on the light, from a cloudy sky blue to an Alice blue with golden green shimmer.
I had been hunting for a greyed light blue polish, and while this wasn't exactly what I was looking for, it turned out to be the perfect shade for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First off, my review is based on my experience that this polish works best as a layering polish.

OK, I love this color. I'm a green polish fan and lately I've been in a layering mood. It isn't a green color through and through tough. It's green shimmer in a quite sheer light blue base (hence why I love it for layering) and the overall appearance is teal with a green tint. I virtually love layering this over everything grey, green, blue and taupe.

I didn't try wearing GOG on it's own but I swatched it on a nail wheel. 3 coats were needed for opacity on a clear (!) nail wheel.

Btw, if you want it to flash more green and less blue/teal, try layering a sheer polish with golden shimmer on top of it. I did this with OPI A Little Less Conversation but Essie Tennis Corset might work as well. China Glaze White Cap will be too dense for GOG to shine through, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by lovejkras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The prettiest fungus color ever!

I'm not sure if it's just my NC20 skintone, but this looks terrible on me. As the other reviewers said, it's a sheer color that would probably look better when paired with a base color of some sort. But it just does not look right on its own (on me).

As with all OPI's, formula/brush were great, just this color is not good on me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Lvaz86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Such a unique and pretty colour! I wouldn't say this is a 'green' though; it's more of a lilac that shines a soft green/light blue. Took me 3 coats for opacity but could have done with one more coat. I caught myself intriguingly staring at my nails from time to time, which is fun, until it cuts into whatever I was trying to concentrate on to begin with :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is an ok nail polish.
When it's fully on, I adore the color.
But it's very sheer and takes about 4 coats to get the real, opaque color.
It's a gorgeous frosty light blue/green with gold and lilac reflects.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by paintingbynumbers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loved the colour of this: gorgeous green/blue/lilac tones coming through.

My problem was with the formula. I used 2 coats for a sheer finish waiting an hour between each to apply then finished with Seche Vite... yet at the end of it the polish just wouldn't dry! Very odd for an OPI and for this reason wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by paintingitpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

On its own this colour is a very cool duochrome. It's blue, green, gold, lilac, and all kinds of neat shades in the right lighting. The name "go on Green" isn't exactly accurate. Why I love this shade, is because it looks amazing as a top coat. If you want to bring out the blue of this shade, my favourite combination is "Done out in Deco" on the bottom and this one on the top. If you want to bring out the minty green, this looks great on top of "Gargantuan Green Grape". On its own its nice, but it takes at least 3 coats to really come through.
I would buy it again, because it transforms any shade of nail polish into a very cool unique one that you will get a lot of compliments on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This color is gorgeous. It has a watery, lavender-grey-light blue base with a bright green duochrome. It sort of reminds of a butterfly wing.
It takes 3 coats for full opacity, but I don't care because I have Seche Vite.