August 2, 2014 | 976 users online

Styling Products - Marc Anthony - Strictly Curls Curl Defining Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by WhoThaFckIsDee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was not for me. I didn't like that lemony smell, to me it was too fake and the texture in my hands was fine, but it did nothing for me but flake up my hair. Can't be cute when you look like you have dandruff in your hair! I mainly used it on my ends and about mid shaft kinda area, scrunching as I went along. For something that's supposed to define It did no better than if I used a conditioner. It's the flakes after it dries that I hated and for that reason I'd never buy it again. I like my hair to have a lot of volume; so I tend to finger my hair to give it that umph. You definitely can't do that with this product in your hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This only works for me if I use it when my hair is damp. Once it drys it looks like a stiff stringy mess. It also makes my hair full of white flakes that look like dandruff. Plus it has a strong chemical lemon scent which I hate. I tried using it over and over again thinking it would work differently each time, but now it just sits on my shelf collecting dust.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a review for the curl defining styling lotion which has a gel like consistancy, NOT the curl defining creme.
I also got a big bottle for $7 which is why I think it's a good deal, if it were more expensive I don't know if I would choose it. But I really like this because it gives my curls as much definition and hold as any gel I've used, but I don't need to use as much and it doesn't tangle my hair which gel tends to do, I also just prefer the way it feels in my hair, very light and soft. I didn't notice any difference in frizz control which is a bummer but I really just wanted it to replace my gel.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by bheidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never would have thought about purchasing this, as my hair can be temperamental and I tend to stick with what works. However, I got this as a present, and decided to try it one day. Works really well for me! Controls frizz and gives me just the right amount of definition. My hair is pretty wavy now, so I could see this not working that well for someone with extremely curly hair, it doesn't seem to have that much of a hold, as a gel. It smells really good but the smell doesn't last long on me :/

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by bonjovirocks

Bought this cuz it was on sale. I have wavy hair and its usually frizzy and i hate it .so i took a shower and put this on my hair then i dried my hair with a dryer and my hair became shiny smooth and defrizzed and i could see curls .
I would buy this again ,i got it for 3$ cuz it was on sale,the bottle has alot of product so its good

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by kim02mendoza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

MARC ANTHONY'S STRICTLY CURLS (Curl defining lotion)

I bought it for $7 at a drugmart. I believe it was the only hair lotion that they were selling that time. It was recommended by the sales lady. So why not, I gave it a try.

When I came home, I took a shower and applied the hair lotion to my hair afterward. At first I thought it would turn out great, but I got very disappointed.

Sadly, my hair became dry. The next day, I applied it again (had no choice), and my friend noticed that there's this white stuff in my hair that looks like dandruff. It wasn't dandruff though.

Anyways, that was the second and last time I used it. I threw it out, before it damages my hair. Damn! I wasted $7 :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Jenyfyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I usually use the Marc Anthony Curl Envy cream on my wavy hair but just found this in my cupboard. I must have purchased it ages ago without realizing it was not the curl envy. Anyway, I gave it a try this morning and am on the fence about it. My curls feel much drier and less bouncy than when I use the curl envy, though I do feel like my hair air dried much faster. I also didn't like the consistency of the product as I was applying it to my hair; it was almost runny compared to the curl envy cream. I'll leave this in my cupboard for days when I really don't care how my hair looks, lol, but for days when I want bouncy, soft, defined curls, I'll stick with the curl envy cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by neffymakeupxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is just okay. It smooths and eliminates some frizz but its not a miracle worker and I still have some frizz after my hair air dries. What I really didn't like was the look it gave my curls, it didn't give much definition and definetly didn't provide any curl enhancement. The consistency is also runny, which I didn't like.
However, I do have thick hair and this is a fairly light product. It doesn't really provide any moisture and having dry hair moisturizing products are a must for me. If you look at how much product your getting, its a cheap product. One thing I do love is the smell, its a really nice lemon scent. I think if you have wavy or thinner curly hair thats not too frizzy this will be a great product, but I would not recommend it for thick frizzy curly hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by MichelleWay

I would give this 10 stars if I could! I have tried so many wave/curling lotions, creams, serums, sprays, etc. but none of them have done anything. I used this stuff for the first time this morning and now that my hair has air-dried I have beautiful, soft, shiny waves! I am soooo glad I bought this. I think it smells really good too. Definitely my new HG wave/curl product!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by als14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product did not work well with my hair at all. i have long fine curly hair and it jus weighed my hair down. It didnt eliminate frizz at all, in fact by the end of the day my hair looked like a huge puff ball. It also left a gross film on my hair. i really wished it worked! this product is extremely good for your hair, it isnt tested on animals and contains nourishing ingredients, but it looks like i will never be purchasing this again.