April 19, 2014 | 1180 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - The Skincare Day Essential Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This moisturizer left my skin irritated and itchy, I've noticed the whole The Skincare line is highly fragrance and not good for sensitive skin. It was greasy and felt more like a sunscreen than a moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ana7mac

Not a good product, at all!
For combo skin, it's too greasy and overbearing. For dry skin, is too watery and weak.
I have combination skin, and this left my skin shiny and "sweaty". It doesn't absorb well, and it doesn't moisturize that well either. Besides, my skin tends to dry out in winter, and this did nothing to help prevent or alleviate the dryness.
It's also very overpriced for such poor quality.
It also has a strong scent, which can get tiresome after a while.
The packaging is, however, a positive. It's very hygienic, and it controls the amount of product one uses - making it last longer. I now regret that I didn't kept the tube, cause it's really useful.
I won´t repurchase this one again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by sippingzoot

This irritated my skin for a few minutes after applying. Foundation does not hold that well. I guess it'd be ok for very dry skin, but I have combo skin which makes it look and feel greasy. I wouldn't use it as sun protection because you need to apply a thick layer to be effective.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by sammin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Smells divine, great texture, but leaves a shiny, tacky film on my combination skin. I use this only as a night moisturizer now, whenever my face needs a break from the AHA in my usual Neutrogena Healthy Skin night lotion. I wish this has worked better, considering the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by drdruggirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! My skin is SUPER sensitive so I have to be really careful what products I use. My face is soft like a babies butt. I had super dry patches and acne, My face is now balanced. People now tell me how beautiful my skin is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by geisa

I love this product, my skin feels great when i use it and i apply also before go to sleep and in the morning i get up with fabulous skin, so smooth! The only thing bad about is the price... $$$!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the way this moisturizer feels but unfortunately, the SPF is not high enough for me to warrant spending any amount of money on this!

If you are using Dramatically Different by Clinique though you may want to switch to this - it is way better IMO and you will at least get an SPF.

The texture is light, the formula feels amazing, makeup goes on smoothly over top (so does the foundation primer which has SPF 25 and is the best primer out there), also you get a lot of product so the price isn't too bad either.

If they would work on the SPF I would re purchase - I think when I finish mine I will find something else at the Shiseido counter to spend $$$ on - it won't be hard!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by aprlgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this product! Its light and not greasy at all. When you put it on your face it feels light and gives a very fresh look!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by mzz_shorty

It's light, not greasy, and my makeup goes on well over it. I used to use Superdefense from Clinique and I love that, but this product is a little lighter. The superdefense is just a little creamier.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Niney45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the night time skincare moisturizer and really like it.But this is way too greasy, my skin looks shiny all day and I'm constantly blotting the shiny areas on my face.Normally I have combination skin and don't have this much oilyness.Not a good buy in my opinion but I like several other products from this line.