April 16, 2014 | 1448 users online

Highlighters - Laura Mercier - Mosaic Shimmer Block

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ohhh how I adore this product. I have this in "golden mosaic" and it is such a versatile and stunning product! The four included shades allow you to pick and choose depending on what look you're going for which I love. I normally use this as a highlight for that healthy glow- the highlight pulls more champagne and is gorgeous on the face. During summer I'll swirl my brush in all the colors for a sun-kissed/golden look. I have really dry and sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it whatsoever plus it lasts ALL day. I've had this bad boy for years and still have a large amount of product left. Pricey, yes, but I can justify forking over the big bucks for this product it's THAT wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by seoulkiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous "glow." Highlights here, blushes and bronzes there--perfection! Stays on all day, and blends perfectly. I want to go out and buy all the different colors, but they're $38 USD apiece. D:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by leaveherbe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG highlighter, it gives you such a nice subtle glow without making you looking like a disco ball. I have this highlighter in all the shades available, I find myself reaching out for the original Mosaic and peach mosiac most often though. love the golden mosaic for a sun-kissed glow in the summer. they are a bit on the pricy end but i think the quality is well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by 0135rachy

I love the laura mercier shimmer bloc i have the peach mosaic which is stunning.I like to use the 2 lightest colours as eye shadows and highlighter for the cheek bones the medium pink colour is great for blush and the copper gold as a highlighting bronzer, i could not live without this compact. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by LorraineJ

As other commenters have said, this mosaic is way better than the BB one. I have the plain mosaic but want it in every color. It has a beautiful finish-- the powder is really fine-- and I like that the plain mosaic can really be brushed everywhere/all over the face. I've never seen a highlighter give such a subtle glow- doesn't look too shiny, tacky, sparkly or heavy. The best part is that you can use it for daytime or night. I also like that I can use the individual shades for eyes or cheeks or wherever. This, along with the Koh Gen Do concealer, is a makeup bag staple- don't leave home without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by amyki892

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly find this shimmer block to be so great! I'm an asian skin tone (yellow undertones) and when i wake up in the morning I'm so pale that any makeup i put on my eyes really makes me look dead. After I bought this, i just fell in love with this shimmer block because it gives my cheeks a type of 'glow' or flushed look that kind of resembles when your warm and there's color in your cheeks you know? It's not glittery, no worries, and you can use this on your eyes also because each of the triangles colors are pretty pigmented.
For the price, I had to ask this for my birthday because I wasn't willing to pay for it (neither was my dad) =D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by niferphoto

SOoooo much better than her shimmer bricks. These new shimmer blocks leave more of a sheen or glow to my face rather then glitter. I use a creme blush and then swirl a large brush over this and apply on top to set everything. Instant glow. I only wish it came it all golds and pearl - that would be perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the regular Mosaic Shimmer Bloc and LOVE it. The first time I applied it on my cheeks it went on so silky smooth. After using Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks for some time, I now have to say that the Shimmer Blocs are way better in terms of texture and not looking too frosty or metallic like the Shimmerbricks do. The Shimmer Bloc leaves a really nice glowing sheen that looks so elegant and modest. I also love that the Shimmer Bloc is made of 4 completely different colored triangles that are easy to differentiate instead of tiny bands of similar color like the Shimmerbricks. With the triangles it's easy to use a brush to use the Bloc for eyeshadow and all 4 colors make excellent shades. Swirling with a brush is also super easy and the packaging is not bulky at all so you can definitely put it in your purse or makeup bag whereas the Shimmerbrick packaging is very clunky and hard to travel with. Thank you Laura Mercier for a fabulous highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by murrue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the pink mosaic shimmer block, the shimmer is very fine, and won't let your skin seems like you need to blot again.
It is like a pink spotlight, and has a LUMINIOUS glow.
The only shrotcoming I would say for this product is the easily broken ability, maybe is because of the loose texture itself...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 7:27:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

Love, Love Love it!!! I'd had my eye on this one for a while and didn't want to go too heavy with simmer colours, the Mosaic is perfect for me, I use it on my eyes, cheeks, forehead, chin, cleavage, FANTASTIC!!!! I would definitely buy again and now want another one in the pinks.