October 30, 2014 | 1568 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - Testimo White Variation Eyes eyeshadow quad

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2005 6:31:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The 2nd T´Estimo product I am dissappointed with (the other one is the new Platinum Carat Eyes liquid eyeshadow).

I am usually a huge fan of most T´Estimo stuff and they make truly wonderful eyeshadows and lipsticks. I spotted this palette on ebay for several months and thought it looked really pretty on the model used in the ad (I know... models look always good in the ads and I am a sucker for pretty ads :P)

As the name implements, this palette consists only of whites with certain pastel undertones. I hesitated buying it because I thought what will be the use of 4 white eyeshadows in a quad (and I do own many whites already anyway)..but since the model looked so nice on the ad...you know the story :P

When I received the item and opened the palette I was directly dissappointed. The pastel undertones are so light that all the e/s are just white. OK. When I tried them on the next dissappointment: The texture is rough and hardly pigmented at all! I know T´Estimo e/s and I adore them, they are usually very silky and well pigmented, but the whites just don´t have any pigement.

The 4 whites have different textures. One is a sheer cream e/s, 1 is a matte (unpigmented) white, 1 is slightly shimmery, one is probably supposed to have *a hint* of metallic-ness (and is the best pigmented out of them). The undertones of yellow, blue and pink don´t show up at all (well, how should they when there is no pigment in the shadows to start with?).

The box the e/s quad came in has somehow very complicated instructions which white to put where but the look bores me too much to try it out.

I consider the whole palette to be 1 highlighter for browbone and I give it 2 lippies because I like the cream e/s and the shadow with the hint of metallic.