October 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Blush - Kanebo - Cheek Colour

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2006 9:58:00 AM More reviews by geminiatwain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if this is the correct product I am reviewing, perhaps an older version. Anyway, these were small pan blushes that fitted into the magnetic compacts. I have 2 shades "BC-43/OR-60" bright coral, "BC-44/WN-57" a brick red-brown. I use the two shades together, the lighter, high up on my cheekbones and the darker in the hollow. They give me a very J-LOesque look and were my staple blushes for years. Although they are small they last a long time and it's only now (after a good few years) that they are almost finished (the first blush I have ever hit pan with!). I am desperately using up the little bit that's left, as they just give me such great chiselled cheekbones, that I've never gotten with another blush. Unfortunately I can't find this product anymore as I definitely would've bought again, so I'll just have to hope I find a good alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 12:55:00 PM More reviews by hounddog1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Mauve. First when I opened the compact, I was wowed by the tiny size of the blush pan. But when I tried it on I was amazed how good quality it is. The pigment is amazing. This is not a kind of blush you can find from the drugstore. It is a really dark dusty pink-mauve shade and I really need to dab the brush on my hand first because otherwice I will end up looking too blushy. This is more pigmented than Bobbi Brown currant blush that I had but cooler. same intensity but way cooler. I am PPP and this color looks much more natural on me than any of the pink blushes I have tried. And you wont look powdery on your cheeks. UPDATE:
I found the glitter shows up too much but it would be great for the evenings out. However I have another Kanebo blush in CC 02 Orange. It looks natural on me and it is subsle but pigmented so it never makes my skin to feel dry. It is similar to Chanel Reflex on my skin. I can pull of bright eye shadows with this one as it is matte and not overpowering. These must be among the TOP 3 powder blushes I have ever used in my life! Others are Chanel Joues Contraste and Clinique. I have had hard time finding blush that does not make my skin to dry out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 12:07:00 PM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this blush in Dusty Pink and Soft Red. They both look VERY bright in the compact, and when I use the little brush included, they look too bright on my cheeks too. But today, while experimenting with the Transmatte sponge for the Total Finish foundation, I decided to give the blush a go with the Transmatte sponge as well. It looks great! I chose the Soft Red, and it made my cheeks look very naturally flushed, not too bright at all. I'm so pleased, since I almost chucked these blushes out a while ago. They have fairly good staying power too, better than many others I've tried. I like the fact that you only need to buy refills once you have the compact, that way you can change colors as you like.