September 19, 2014 | 887 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Intensive Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Horror of horrors, is what this serum is. I decided for a change to give a drugstore product a trial run hoping I'd fall in love and save $$$ while I'm at it, but noooooooo.
So I applied it at night, and was immediately put off by that whiff of atchaar (a spicy relish in my country). I brushed that off, and caught my shut eye.
Following day all was fine as I went over my morning skin care routine, and I made sure to put on sunblock with SPF50. The day progressed as usual, and in the evening I noticed a relentless burning itch inside my skin. I scratched nonstop but it didnt make a difference. I then checked the mirror and woah scary sight. The lower half of my face was covered in peeling skin that stood upright.The itch inside my skin persisted right through the night, even after a thorough cleanse. My face also got swollen. The following coupla days as the skin peeled, it revealed smooth but darker skin patches. These took 7 weeks of patient treatments until my skin was restored. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Rosita201

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought I'd give this a try based on some other consumer reviews. I have what is known as Mediterranean (sp?) skin so even at 57 my skin is pretty smooth. I've been using this for about a week now and like it. I apply only at night, and then apply Origins High Potency Night-A Mins moisture cream. That combo seems to work fine. I've not experienced any of the splotchiness or flakiness that other reviewers have.
Now if only I could find a product that really got rid of the bags under my eyes (other than a surgeon's knife)......

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Cornpopgirl

I've been using this product once to twice a day for the past two months with no improvement of my wrinkles. I have light laugh lines and the start of forehead wrinkles; there wasn't much to improve on to begin with. Thought this would stop aging in it's tracks, but I think they've only gotten worse.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another miss here for me. Too greasy for my skin. Didn't feel like it absorbed. I went back to Olay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I am 25 and have been using this product for about 6 months now. The first couple weeks it would sting during application and made my face feel dry. I definitely used a good moisturizer over the top of this serum. It takes a couple weeks to get accustomed to this product if you have never used a retinol product. For me the results were almost instantaneous... after a few days, my skin got smoother and "tighter." I have sensitive skin and break out easily, but this stuff did not make me break out at all. In fact it seemed to help clear my skin up. Also, I have noticed that if I do get a pimple, it heals quickly and the scar goes away much faster now. This serum helped to even out my skin tone and make my skin look & feel so soft. I don't have wrinkles yet so I can't tell you whether this serum would work on wrinkles... but I will keep using it! (oh, and I have also used the RoC version which is also good... they are about the same price for the same amount, the only difference to me was the smell... but I like both smells...)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ora613

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on my fourth bottle now and love everything about it. A convenient pump bottle that actually closes when you turn the top--so no dry gummy stuff the next time you use it. Leaves the skin lovely and soft, even if you don't use a moisturizer with it. I even like the smell--a little choclatey, mmm. My only complaint is that it doesn't come in a larger bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by gnat

This is my first venture into the world of retinol products and I am very happy. I have been using the serum for the last three weeks with good results, better than I expected actually. I use the serum in combination with my favorite Kiehl's moisturizer before I go to sleep. I have not have an sort of allergic reaction and have definitely noticed that my forehead lines are disappearing. My overall skin texture seems to be better too, although not dewey (yet). This product does smell like maple syrup but that goes away quickly. Will keep on using.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by cvfugitive

I am 41 years old and do not have much of a problem with wrinkles, but I tan a lot and this moisturizer seems to work perfect for me for day use. I just let it soak in good then use powder. Works great for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by silverlilly

Oh, I could cry! This product was my HG serum for over a year - I loved it. It really made a difference in helping to minimize the fine lines beginning to appear on my forehead and gave me clear, dewey skin. Now, all of a sudden, whenever I use it, I have the same reaction that some other raters have mentioned - huge, blotchy, irritated dry patches that become itchy and flaky. ALL OVER my face!! Cheeks, temples, one patch on the bridge of my nose and unusual dryness on my forehead. I don't know what happened, but I'm very sad that I can no longer use my favorite serum!! Now I have to wait for this to go away.......:(

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by blueirisjazz

I am still young, so I don't have wrinkles except for one on my forehead. I know one wrinkle isn't much, but still, it drives me crazy!! I have been using this product regularly for 4+ months, and I haven't noticed a difference AT ALL. It does't make it look worse, but it has done absolutely nothing to diminish the appearance of the wrinkle. I won't be purchasing it again.