November 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole ULTRA [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Welp, tried a couple of sample bottles of this at different times in my life before I went ahead and splurged the $50 thinking I found some makeup that FINALLY didn't irritate my skin--but after 2 weeks of use I found myself with many more random pimples in places I don't normally break out and so I definitely returned it. I never tried the old formula so I don't know about that, but I wish I could figure out what in this broke me out in the welts. I'm thinking either the Nylon-12 or whatever "perlite" is....Otherwise, I liked this foundation for it's coverage and finish etc, but still it ended up just being a loss. Why oh why must companies reformulate everything?! Wish I could've tried the old stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by starnet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the way it feels on the skin, I love the way it glides on. But it doesn't cover well. If you have good skin, then this will look lovely on you. But if you have blemishes or hyper-pigmentation, then it won't cover them very well, no matter how much you try to layer it on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jjenellinora

This is regarding the 14 hour formula, not the revamped 24 hour version.

I've used this in 3W for about two years, two bottles. Not yet my HG foundation, but the best that I've tried so far. It provides better coverage than Lancome's Miracle, which slides off my face after a few hours. Also, it doesn't oxidize noticeably in a bad way. I used to apply this with my fingers, but then I switched to a foundation brush, and that greatly increased the product's longevity. Also, it didn't cause me to break out a lot, unless I slept in it.

This was my first liquid foundation so I'm trying to branch out and look for a better choice for my skin. Because with this, I have to blot my face once/twice a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by yoopergirl91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my HG foundation. It gave medium coverage with a gorgeous natural/satin finish and photographed beautifully. I wore it in shade Buff 2 (W) which was a great match for my skin tone (NC 20-25; MUFE 120; BB Warm Sand 2.5). I never had issues with this causing breakouts.

Sadly, Lancome "updated" the Teint Idole formula and the new version just does not compare to the old version for me. I am really bummed and currently searching for a replacement.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Ceri0301

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got a sample of this product at Sephora today. The sales person also applied it onto my face for me. All of my acne scars immediately covered and my face looked flawless. My oil stayed at bay for about 5 hours, at which time I blotted. I'm not used to this super full coverage formula....thought it even looked a little cakey but the cakey-ness vanished when I blotted my face. I did not need a powder to set this foundation which is AWESOME for me because I'm constantly in need of setting foundations to keep my oil slick away.

HOWEVER, not sure if I would purchase this since it is $36 a bottle and I am a college student and daily makeup wearer. I don't think this foundation would last long with me...or at least I can't justify the price at the moment. Wondering if a drugstore dupe for this could be Revlon CS whipped creme but have yet to try that out.

Overall flawless coverage, mattifies, keeps oil at bay.
    Just learned through reading others comments that this new formula contains many chemicals, which I do not like the sound of at all. Although I know makeup itself has many chemicals, I'd rather deal with less. Thus, still on the search for a better foundation to cover my occasional acne, imperfections, and scars all day long. Where is my magic genie?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Note: My 2-star rating is for the 2012 reformulation. The prior formula I gave 5 stars to!

I used the previous formula of Teint Idole for about 10 or 12 years. I was a loyal, regular customer. It was perfect for me - texture, color, coverage, staying power, effect on the health of my skin.

SADLY, the new formula of Teint Idole (so-called "24 hour", which is a ridiculous and unhygienic concept anyway) does not work for me. The color I was matched to (at three different department store Lancome counters) is not a good match for me, the texture is thick, it magnifies my pores and wrinkles, it is drying, it is mask-like, it causes me to get oily in my t-zone quickly, it causes pimples, it makes my face red and blotchy for a while after I wash it off, it feels like it has taken a backwards step of 2 or 3 decades in terms of foundation technology.

On top of all those negatives, I cannot use products that contain chemical sunscreens on my face because they cause a broad rash of tiny red bumps after a couple of days of use, so this foundation is well and truly OUT for me.

It is hugely disappointing.

When it comes to makeup, I am pretty boring. I like to find one product (and often just one color of it) in each makeup category that works well for me, and then stick with it. I guess I would be called a "minimalist"!

I do need to wear foundation to be presentable, especially in work and social situations, so the sudden disappearance of my HG foundation has thrown me into a tailspin, and I've spent hour upon hour upon hour researching other options, sourcing them, getting color-matched, buying them, trying them, having my hopes dashed, returning them, etc. I still have no clearcut solution to this.

The best no-spf foundation substitute I have found so far, Lorac Natural Performance, isn't that great for me (I can't get a close color match; it causes my pores to appear "polka-dotty"; it dries quicker than I can apply it; it only covers my pores and wrinkles moderately-well; when I am wearing it, it feels masky as if it were giving medium-to-full coverage, even though it appears when looking at my skin to give only light coverage. This Lorac has to do for the short term, but I'm still looking for an acceptable foundation for the medium and long term.

As many of the reviewers here and on the product's home website have said, it is hard to imagine what the Lancome product developers and marketers could possibly have been thinking when they switched to this new formula. At the moment, the new Teint Idole formula has got a 57%-do-not-recommend-it rating on its own website, which is shocking (but at least they are allowing negative reviews to stay up).

This weird wrecking of an iconic, profitable, beloved product line also happened in early 2012 with my HG shampoo/conditioner (Redken All Soft, which underwent a dramatic product formulation that ruined it for me, and for many other users, as can be seen in the anguished reviews on the product's own webpage), causing my hair much distress and me a lot of time and expense. I still don't have a solution to my shampoo/conditioner loss, either.

This also happened to me with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Night Lotion which suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth about 4 or 5 years ago, which I had had great results from for years. I cannot use the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion variant that has chemical sunscreen in it, which they still manufacture. After a terrible 6 months of testing a lot of products that caused bad breakouts (especially anything with salycilic acid in it), I found a much more expensive AHA product that doesn't do nearly as well for my skin as the Healthy Skin Night Lotion did, but it's been servicable (it is Peter Thomas Roth 10% Glycolic Acid Hydrating Gel). However, this year my aging skin has started to require more moisture than the Roth gel can provide on its own, even though my skin remains oily/combination, sensitive, and breakout-prone. I've tried several alternative non-comedogenic, oil-free AHA products that have caused breakouts and skin disturbances, no matter what they claim to do.

You'd think consumer goods companies would have learned from the "New Coke" debacle, but they seem driven to repeat the experiment on some of the most beloved products. At least Coca-cola admitted their error and brought back "Old Coke", but I am pretty sure Lancome and Redken etc. will not revive the late, great products that I and many others had come to rely on.

In case it helps anyone else who can't use makeup that has chemical sunscreen in it, I will list here some of the no-sunscreen foundations that are geared towards normal-to-combination-to-oily skin that I found out about via Paula Begoun's product listing website Beautypedia and other internet research.

None of them are, for me, a good substitute for the previous Teint Idole formula.

Make Up For Ever - HD Invisible Cover
    Nars - Sheer Matte
    Too-Faced - Amazing Face Oil-Free Closeup
    Lorac - Natural Performance
    Stila - Natural Finish Oil-Free
    Tarte - Amazonian Clay
    Urban Decay - Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition

In addition to being open to the medium-to-high-end product lines, I have searched high and low for a drugstore foundation that would work for me. There are only a few that don't contain any spf, and a few more that contain physical sunscreen, not chemical sunscreen, but nothing worked for me. They caused me to break out, didn't look very nice, didn't wear very well, caused irritation due to added fragrance, etc. I gave up after a few weeks and resumed searching amongst the higher-end lines.

If anyone has any suggestions for good replacements for the previous Teint Idole formula (and with no chemical sunscreens), please let me know. I have searched all over the internet on every combination of likely search terms that I can think of, but can't find anyone who claims to have found a decent substitute.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by dpapin

The new formulation is so terrible. Not only did they add MORE chemicals to the product, including chemical sunscreens, but it has a horrible feel compare to the old formula. Also, they test the product on animals which is just silly. I am done with you, Lancome!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by sophie1695

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROS:
    It's oil free
    It didn't cause me acne
    Matches my skin color.
    Feels like nothing on skin

CONS:
    Too light doesn't even cover my acne scars or anything!
    I need to put moisture over and over again because it makes my skin feel like foundation dry.
    It's expensive for what it delivers.
    And you can wash it away with water you don't even need a makeup remover. Which is BAD!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by sixspeedschro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic! Love this foundation! I've got such fair skin that I've tried everything from Dior to MUFE to Neutrogena and everything in between. Their shade 110C is perfect for me. Does not oxidize AT ALL and most foundations do within an hour of application. It definitely is medium to full buildable but when I cover acne scars/hyperpigmentation with a little bit more product, you are not able to tell. Great finish. Stays on through a 9 hour workday and well into the evening. I have extremely oily skin...extremely and honestly I went a day without setting my face with powder and my face stayed almost completely matte throughout the day. NO JOKE. This foundation is incredible.

My only beef with this foundation is that the area around my breakouts, since I do use topical acne prescriptions, is dry and that is emphasized when I do not wear moisturizer. But honestly, that's it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is so light that I use it as a base under powder or under a glowy foundation for a night out. It does feel nice & I like the colour although It is pricey and for a foundation I can only use as a base, I will not be repurchasing this.