September 2, 2014 | 1912 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeliner. I have a few other fluidlines since before. Since I'm a pale blonde I was afraid of trying a black eyeliner thinking it would look harsh but this one works excellent. Fantastic quality and staying power, easy application... Everything is great. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE: Still madly in love this liner! I now wear it with a creamy golden beige neutral and my brown eyes looks SO DAMN SEXY! They look bright, yet dark and sultry (no smokey eyes needed here). That subtle touch of gold flecs is the magic. I don't ever want to wear plain black liner again. When I did go back to BB Black Ink, I realized it looked soooo heavy on my eyes (the solid black) and it transferred to my under eye area like crazy! I never had this problem with B&G.

ORIGINAL POST: This is my first fluidline...of course I am in love with the product for all the reasons everyone has said. I am an eyeliner (especially liquid) novice, this gel feels so easy to apply. I use the Sonia Kashuk bent liner brush. As for the color, it is exactly what I wanted. Not a harsh black, but a softer black with gold shimmer (that beautifully brings out the brown/gold in my brown eyes). I avoided a brown color because my lashes are so dark, sometimes I feel like it is unnoticeable. B&G gave me the best of both worlds...the golden shimmer to bring out my eye color and the black to emphasize my already dark lashes. You can apply lightly for all day and lay it on for evening. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

FYI - I never line my lower lashes with any thing other than a light shade like Rimmel Taupe (if I line them at all) due to my dark circles, so I can't speak to wear on the lower lash lin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this for years as a alternative to black. It gives more definition than grey but not as harsh as black now that I am older and need something less stark. It wears well but I will say that there as been a lot of variation in the pots that I have used over the years. Sometimes they are smooth and creamy other times they have been dry and harder to apply.

Overall I would recommend this for anyone wanting a dramatic eyeliner but not as dark as regular black.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Blitz and Glitz was my first MAC fluidline and first gel liner. I really liked this product. Just like the rest of the fluidlines: very easy to apply, lasts long, etc.

I apply fluidline gel with the MAC 266 brush or elf angled eyeliner brush. I still slightly prefer applying with the 266, bc I think it picks up and applies the fluidline better.

The black in this is more of a brown-black than true black, so does give a slightly softer look. The little sparkles are fun and are not very obvious on your eyes, but more subtle. This product a fun alternative to try from simple black eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by thisisashley

MAC Fluidline is my HG gel eyeliner. I got my jar of Blitz and Glitz in 2009 and it has lasted me over three years. A year later I picked up Rich Ground. Both apply really smoothly. I've had my jar of Delphic for four an a half years. This colour doesn't stand out on my medium complexion on its own so I use mainly for my waterline with Blitz and Glitz on my lash line.

Up until recently, Fluidline has been the only eyeliner that has stayed put all day on my combination/oily skin even on hot humid summer days!

The liner layers on thin and subtle or thick and bold (depending on the look I'm going for) with an angled eyeliner brush. I can also change the look by layering eyeshadow on top of the liner as well.

The downside of this eyeliner is that is it a gel and you have to use a brush. It can be a bit time consuming for early mornings before work. For that reason, I've recently discovered Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes pencils which give me a similar look but take much less time to apply. (I'm not a morning person, lol). However, when I'm not in a rush, The look and longevity of Fluidline is totally worth the effort!

I gave Fluidline a 2 for packaging because the jars are made of glass and I've dropped and cracked one of my jars a few times. The poor jar is covered in tape :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This isn't dark enough for my preference. I much prefer the dark sharp line that blacktrack provides.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by misscuba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this almost daily for a super precise cat eye. It is a lovely strong black, with a (very) subtle gold shimmer that works so well with glossy bronzed skin or satin eyeshadows. The staying power is also amazing- I wear it to the beach with a slick of waterproof mascara, go swimming, apply sunscreen, get dunked under the water by my bf, and still it does. not. move. Yet it comes off easily with a makeup wipe and warm water.

Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first gel liner that I have tried and I love it! It lasts throughout the day, has great pigmentation and it gives a hint of sparkle through the black. I just love it so much. It's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I love this gel eye liner. I own many charcoal gel eye liners because I was used to selecting a charcoal in place of black liner for dramatic looks because my coloring is so gentle, the black looks really harsh on me, even for evening looks sometimes. While this is a black and not a charcoal liner, the shimmer gives it a metallic sheen, which removes the harshness of a dark matte black liner. Great option for me, and wears very well. Just as dark by the end of the day, zero smudging. Quality product from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by deenamh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this gel liner! I am South Asian mix and eyeliner is like staple of my make up routine. I used to wear liquid and it just takes alot more time to put on because you have to have such a steady hand or it'll be uneven or a disaster. This is super easy to put on with the right eyeliner brush (got mine from MAC as well) and it's been the only eye liner that I've ever used that literally lasts all day long and still looks fresh. It's hard to find a liner sometimes that won't smudge on your eye lid crease even with primer, but this is it. You can barely see the little sparkles, but the color is great if you want a black but not super deep black. Great for day time use and can put more layer on to make it darker for night time use.
It's a little pricey, but hey, it's MAC. But for the quality and considering a little goes a long way, it's definitely worth it. I hope they never discontinue this product.