Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) Copper Peptide Serum

3.4

on 3/10/2010 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Bought this a couple times from MUAC back when I used to have acne breakouts, red irritated skin, & I used to do home TCA peels. I liked the low price & no-nonsense packaging, but this product didn't do anything at all for my skin. I had much better results with EGF & now especially with plant stem cell culture products (however I no longer break out, neither is my skin red & irritable - it's matured).

on 2/27/2008 8:09:00 AM

This product is okay. I have used it in combination with the lactic acid peels and TCA peels. My skin is more even toned and my dark spots are fading, but I really believe it has more to do with the peels than the peptides.

on 1/31/2008 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Doesn't do a thing for me, I'm afraid. More like a tonic rather than a serum as it's very watery. Have a very bad chemical smell - which thankfully doesn't linger. First copper peptide I've tried, and doesn't even begin to compare to other brightening serums. Glad they have samples though.

I liked most of the MUAC items I have tried so far, but the quality of this 'serum' is really sub-par. I used to use NuGlow's Copper Peptide Serum and had amazing results, so I tried this hoping this would be just as good. Not even close. First off, this does not have a 'serum' consistency - it is a watery, runny, copper solution. It comes in a cheap-looking plastic bottle that does not keep the solution stable. I didn't notice any effects on my acne marks at all - with the NuGlow I would see distinct lightening of marks overnight, with this, I see absolutely nothing. I would rather pay more money and get a higher-quality GHK Copper Peptide serum that really works.

on 1/13/2008 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I ordered a sample of this to help fade my acne scars, but unfortunately, this did nothing at all! Copper peptides are supposed to be good for healing, but I didn't see any kind of healing for me. This is a deep, blue-colored, liquidy serum....and it looked so dark that I thought it would actually stain my skin! (I'm glad it didn't) Even though I kept the lid tightly sealed and tried to be quick with application so it wouldn't be exposed to oxygen, it still started to turn all greenish on me. (I'm not sure if the full-size product has better packaging that prevents this). Anyway, since this product didn't really help my skin, I will not repurchase.

on 7/15/2007 12:56:00 AM

I have been using this particular product for about 2 weeks now, along with MUAC cleanser, 40% Lactic Acid peel (2x per week) and the Hylarunic acid serum.....Amazing results!!! I have fought with adult acne for years and had tried EVERYTHING! And I Mean EVERYTHING, from Proactiv, to nasty creams and pills from the dermatologist, etc, etc, etc Within two weeks of using these products I have had amazing results! The copper peptide serum has faded my acne scars significantly and I have not had any irritation at all!! I would recommend any products from MUAC, they truly work!

on 6/21/2007 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this along with the lactic acid and glycolic peels. I just kind of dot this on areas that need help, like post breakout redness. I think using the peels and copper peptide together have really helped speed up the healing process of current acne and evened out my skintone. There has been a reduction in the NUMBER of breakouts since using the MUAC products. I've been on Accutane, antibiotics, used every over the counter and prescription acne medications and the acid peels have been the best topical treatment for me.

I definitely will keep using the combination of of products. I hope to get up the nerve to do the TCA peel soon.

on 10/31/2006 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

i've never tried anything like this and i la la la love it. it really is fading old acne marks. it's great. pretty cheap, too, like $10 for a little sample bottle. it's great. i'm waiting for my super copper peptide in the mail now! =)

on 10/19/2006 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

this is ok... have been using it along with the 40% lactic peel and the hyaluronic serum find that the copper pep just doesn't do much for me.

my little sample bottle is still blue (still stable) and i will use it up. right now i have to say 'no' to the repurchase... i've just ordered a bunch of samples from muac, so i'll be product juggling for a while until i figure out a good 'cocktail' for my skin. will update if i go back to the copper peptide.

on 10/1/2006 10:17:00 PM

Eh. I bought a sample of this to help fade my acne scars....but didn't really see any results. I used it for about a month daily (in conjuntion with weekly peels) and I've had more luck fading my acne marks with a 10% AHA gel than this. It didn't speed up healing or anything for me either. Also, the biggest complaint I have it how easily it oxidizes and turns green. I tried to keep the lid on really tightly and not expose it too much to the air...but it turned greenish towards the end of the third week. The fact that it is not that stable is the biggest reason for not purchasing this product again.

Popular Treatments (Face)