October 23, 2014 | 1347 users online

Fragrances - Givenchy - Organza Indecence

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was unpacking my winter clothes when I came across this box labeled scents for winter and came upon my old scents that are discontinued. The original Fendi's Therorema in its gorgeous box, the grapefruity YSL In Love Again (no box) and this old original. My bottle is still in its box, so I pulled it out realizing that it might have turned being in the storage room for years. My bottle is missing its cap and there is a chip on the bottom where it keeps falling over because of its design. I sprayed it on me then and I guessed it did turn because all I smell is cedar shavings/hamster cage. And strong. While I was trying to figure out why I kept it, the cinnamon came through. ( I am not really fond of cinnamon though) And then a boozy vanilla? Oh wow, I forgotten how great this was. My old winter scent! Glad I found this because the new reformulated is horrible on me when I tested it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by GeminiRebelLady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

BEST. PERFUME. EVER.
I have been wearing this perfume for YEARS! I am not wanting to rate the price for only one reason. However, my review is being held hostage until I rate it. Apparently, price is required.
If there was an you're off your rocker choice or an I need to take out a home equity loan, in order to afford this perfume choice, well, that is what I would have opted for. I will explain why just a bit further along in this review .. But, just like they say in Paradise By The Dashboard Light, by Meatloaf... STOP RIGHT THERE!!
Before we go any further and for legal reasons I must ask that you take a seat. No seats with caster wheels should even be considered, but, it's your choice. For your maximum protection please seek chairs of the 4 metal legged variety or bench type seating. Be sure to pull down the shoulder harness until you hear a very loud CLICK. There is a short strap with a heavy duty, seat belt-like buckle attached to the shoulder harness, as an added security measure please buckle up for safety. No leaning on two legs of the chair or any other horse play that may cause you to lose concentration even momentarily, monkey business like that can and has been known to cause people their lives! Sign here and here. *points* Initial here. Here. There and once more right there *points*.. date it. Thank you remember to keep your arms and legs on a stable surface at all times and please enjoy the ride! Failure to heed this warning may result in serious injury and in very rare cases even death. That being said, proceed at your own risk..
The only reason I didn't really want to rate the price was: it is way out of hand!! I don't mean a little out of hand, I mean INSANELY out of hand. For many years my husband bought the 3.4ml bottle for me and paid (this is the part you needed to be seated and strapped in for.. are you sure you're ready? Oh, wait.. do you have health coverage? Heart attacks happen and I will not be held responsible! Ok, ok.. I'll tell you!! Hold on to your seats!!) He paid $15.00!! So, that is how insanely out of hand it's gotten! It is not totally unbelievable, but, it does make a person's stomach tighten up and turn over on itself, no? Remember 3rd grade Social Studies? We covered a little thing called Supply and Demand? Well, peeps, here is a prime example of that very basic, elementary, economic principle. The people who have this perfume (supply), also have the unmitigated gall to charge outrageously inflated prices. People who want the perfume (demand), also have no choice but to pay the price, no matter how ridiculous it gets! If you didn't understand it then, you do now, right? Supply and Demand people, it really is just that simple!
I've been in food stores, bars, clothing stores or just out among the general public only to have both men and women invade my personal space.
When it began I thought I was just being paranoid. I remember the first indecent (pun intended) incident, as clearly as if it happened yesterday. I was in Pathmark, food shopping. I turned down an aisle and there was a woman there shopping also. I went about my business. Next aisle, there she was. This happened all through the store and despite the fact that there were several cash registers open, she got in the same line BEHIND me. I thought that was odd. Finally, she spoke. She said, I'm sorry am I creeping you out? (Now of all the ways she could have struck up a conversation, this is the way she chooses to go? REALLY?!?!) I looked at her and without mincing words, flatly answered,"quite frankly, yes!" She said,"I don't mean to, it's just that you smell SO good, I need to know what you're wearing?" I said,"That would have been a better way to start this conversation.. much less creepy!" We both laughed. "Indecence", I stated. She said,"I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be indecent. I just didn't know how to approach you." I said,"No. Indecence is what I'm wearing. The perfume." "Ohhhh", she half laughed, turning cherry red.
Then there was the bar incident. I was waiting to order a drink and some random guy just buried his nose into the back of my head and took a big old sniff. No forethought. No warning. No apology. Nothing. Unbelievably, I displayed almost no reaction. No drinks were thrown. No punches. No cursing. Nothing. I just wanted a drink, instead I got snuffed up and told I smelled terrific! I don't want to say I got used to those kinds of things happening, but, they became a common occurrence, albeit an uncomfortable one.
The smells you have working here are multifaceted. Oriental, woodsy and amber, right from the start. Cinnamon? Maybe. Patchouli? Perhaps. Earthy. Exotic. Sensual. Sexual. The dry down on me, powdery.
Nothing flowery or fruity smelling about this perfume at all!
Long lasting. Romantic. Works well with my chemistry.
But, if you ask my mom, she claims on her it smells like pencil shavings. Pencil shavings, mom? Really? *shrugs* Ok. What exactly do pencil shavings smell like and how did you make that leap?? Apparently not for everyone. LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I acquired an original bottle recently and I am now adding Givenchy Organza Indecence to my top 5 favorite perfumes. Itís that good. Itís that memorable. Itís absolutely delicious.
The odor of burnt marshmallows, the scent of match tipís sulphur when you blow it out, the remnants of moonlit campfires smoking embers. Cinnamon and vanilla in a perfect creamy blend, amber tempered, layered with a mildly fruity plum, Indecence envelopes you with an earthy presence immediately that stays throughout the duration of the perfume. A sense of warm patchouli surrounds the notes to complete this very spicy fragrance.
Organza is a season-less scent, full of smoky images. Itís thick and only gets thicker as the hours go by. Dab in your application or you will be overwhelmed. Itís an intense perfume.
There is a newer bottle available that is a rectangle instead of the original one shown above. My review is for the original bottle.
Top Notes: Patchouli, Brazilian Rosewood.
Middle Notes: Plum, Ceylon Cinnamon.
Base Notes: Amber, Musk, Vanilla.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by delish288

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My sister gave me her beautiful bottle of Indecence with an inch left in it and also a small mini of about 5mls. I have read a lot of reviews about this perfume that has such a cult following and tried it for the first time over the weekend. I had showered and had no body lotion on my arm and was so excited to try this scent. The first spray on my arm was such a delicious aroma to my nose I reached in and smelled this exciting medley of sweet spicy woody and caramel notes and I said to myself then that I had found a signature scent for the evenings and luxurious times. I got busy doing things around the house and a few hours later the smell changed so drastically all I could smell was patchouli that assaulted my nose and brain. I was so horrified by the dark deep harsh smell that lingered very dramatically and strong on my arm, I wondered what had happened to the drydown of this perfume that everybody raves about. I was very disappointed that the smell had changed so drastically and wasnt something that I wanted to smell like to anybody. I tried to wash it off a few times with a lavender scented gel soap and some of still lingered except for the patchouli. I guess this perfume is not something that I can use. I have smelled it before on other people and no way did the harsh patchouli invade me like it did when I wore it. I still have to give it 4 lippies bec the first few hours were so lovely however it will not be one that I will wear again. Great for the ladies that can wear this one without the patchouli invasion, more for you, wear it well and enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sillage

Givenchy Organza Indecence is one of the best perfumes ever created -- EVER -- and they discontinued it??? Insanity! For me, it was absolutely, totally, completely love at first sniff in 1999 (I think it was). Gorgeous, entrancing, rich, deep, delicious, mysterious. I fell into the scent -- all others paled in comparison -- this was sublime! I bought it immediately.

The main notes are Wood, Cinnamon, and Vanilla! No florals or fruits at all (thankfully). It smells like Fall, like Christmas, like a rich woody spice cake, like a holiday candle or potpourri -- like a ski lodge. Divine! Not too sweet, like everything is today -- it was just right -- the perfect blend of woodiness & spice & deliciousness.

I only bought the 1.7oz bottle, unfortunately (I just checked the size), and now I'm hanging onto my remaining half like liquid gold. I don't want to use it up, so I rarely use it at all. I have the original swooping bottle shape, which came in a black box, as photographed above. It tips over easily, and my cap's scroll broke off as a result, but I'll forgive the poor design -- I'm just so happy to still have some left at all.

They took it off the market?? How could they?? It's only available on ebay and amazon now, at a high price. After it disappeared for awhile, apparently a reformulated version came out, in a new rectangular bottle -- but even that's hard to find. I've never seen it in stores or smelled it, but those who have smelled it say it's not as good as the original.

So I continue to hoard the last half of my original bottle. It's absolutely one of the best perfumes ever made, in my humble opinion. So suited to my tastes. Oriental wood-cinnamon-vanilla deliciousness (no fruits, no flowers).

I think the problem was that Indecence launched as a flanker, and the bottles & names became too confusing, so people just wrote it off or overlooked it. To me, Indecence was far better than the original Organza ever was, yet Organza lives on, while Indecence got dropped?? Tragedy!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Indecence is a sexy goddess wearing nothing but an apron cooking spicy brioche drinking mulled plum wine who accidentally spills organic madagascar vanilla extract all over herself. It smells sweet yet spicy, dry dark and oriental at the same time. An oriental gourmand - not particulary fond of foodie scents but this one is a winner. One of my all time faves. Men will turn heads.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Stark77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Oh god. This HAS to be my new signature. I'm honestly sort of mad at myself for falling in love with a discontinued fragrance because of the insane price.. But man! This starts off with a warm, spicy burst (cinnamon?) with a lovely vanilla heart. It fades to a vanilla base on me, but it's not too sweet.. Mm. I'm about to go purchase a real bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by monique3445

I read all of the reviews on all the different websites I could find, and all of them were raving about this perfume. After seeing the prices a vintage bottle of this stuff was selling for, I told myself I would have to be an idiot to even get a sample and see if I liked the smell of this... so... naturally, I bought a sample anyway. LOL. Much to my chagrin, I can now report I too have been sucked into the love affair with this perfume. Sigh. It smells soooo good. I have put it on two days in a row to make sure I really like it before I pay these absurd prices for it. Yesterday, I put it on then walked into the living room where my husband was sitting. He sat there for a second smelling the air and then said "That smells good." I asked him what smelled good, and he said, "Whatever you are wearing.. it smells good." That is amazing. My husband always says, "It's fine." or "I don't hate it." or "NO" whenever I ask him about new perfume scents. It does not give me a headache, and I am SUPER sensitive to perfumes. It's such an indescribable scent to me. I don't pick up on a lot of cinnamon, and every time I smell myself I feel like the perfume has evolved again, and I am picking up on different notes. Whatever they are, they smell great. Now off to buy a $300 50ml bottle on ebay.... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by TubbyPuppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this fragrance! As others have said, it's an adult scent....not a fruity cloying lollipop. I always have people ask what I'm wearing or just tell me how wonderful I smell (especially awesome if coming from a handsome man). I often use a warm vanilla lotion as a base, then spray Organza Indecence over it; that magnifies the suble vanilla notes in the fragrance, and makes it last a bit longer throughout the day/evening. I hope Givenchy never stops making this fabulous perfume....I'd have to become an Organza hoarder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by indiawilkes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the most UNIQUE and beautiful fragrances I have ever smelled as a fragrance junkie . There is nothing else to compare it to I know of , but I will say it has the complexity of Dior Addict and the warmth and projection of Hypnotic Poison . Next to Euphoria, this gets the most compliments for me .
It is essentially a woodsy vanilla with a lot of spice , and is rather intense and long lasting . I can not imagine it being offensive as it is so pleasing to the senses , and as I said UNIQUE . Love this !!