OPI Do You Lilac It?

4.7

on 7/27/2014 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very easy to wear lilac (light/medium) purple with blue tones. Lovely under "Bikini Zone" and great as a spring or summer pedi or mani.

Perfect for what I needed and enough opacity yet not chalky looking.

on 6/22/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my go to spring polish. It's a gorgeous lilac color! Love, love, love!

on 4/24/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I am currently wearing this on my hands and feet and this color rocks! I'm dark and I used to avoid lilac colors because I felt they wouldn't look right on me. Well, this lilac shade proved me wrong. Unlike other lilac colors, this shade doesn't contain alot of white, which makes this very wearable for darker skin tones. On me, this shade is a warm purple, yet still light enough to convey lilac. It's a fun, light color that is feminine. The first coat drags a bit, but a second coat evens it out and after two coats it is completely opaque. The lasting time is typical of OPI, about 4-5 days.

on 10/15/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I picked this up a couple years back when I was going through the lilac/lavender trend and I was happy to see that it is yet another stand out polish formula from OPI. It is pretty opaque in just one coat and has a cream finish. The shade is pretty neutral-toned for a lilac which I wanted as I'm not personally into the blue-based shades. It can lean slightly blue in some lighting though but otherwise just a plain pastel purple. Wear time is a few days without chipping which I've found is standard for OPI's nail polishes.

Overall, if you're looking for a lilac polish than I would highly recommend this.

on 8/29/2013 6:46:00 PM

This is the perfect Spring purple! I'm a big sucker for pastels and purples and this drew me in when I saw it at Target. I could not believe how opaque this was in one coat. I still applied 2 coats because it's a personal rule of mine. This is a polish I strongly recommend to anyone who loves purple. This was so easy to work with and it's super shiny - even without a topcoat. Expensive but totally worth it!

This is so pretty I've never had a polish like this and the more opi I try the more I fall in love. It was a breeze to apply and I'm really not good when it comes to painting my nails. This dried quickly and evenly once I applied the essie good to go if smoothed out minor flaws and looked better. That to dried quickly and looks so shiny highly recommend these two wonderful brands :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought a bunch of OPI polishes (eta: all newer green labels aka Big 3 Free) from a nice lady on Craigslist and this was the first one I put on. It's a gorgeous color, universally wearable, pretty much what everyone is saying. What I didn't expect was the quality. Now that I've tried the good stuff, I can't go back. I've worn Wet'N'Wild, Revlon, Sinful, China Glaze, and Essie, but this formula is so much nicer than those (the closest would be China Glaze). It's thin, but you can do multiple coats, it sets quickly (less than five mins to me is quick-though I'd let at least ten minutes go between coats), doesn't smudge, and (with a top coat) lasts forever! I didn't even realize how long I had had my lilac nails until I took them off and realized they had grown significantly. I'm a perennial nail biter, nail polish be damned, but the chip-free-ness of this polish had kept me at bay. In addition-warning-sad story-my nails have been tragically thin ever since a bad grooming decision last summer (fake nails with a french manicure for week, removed and replaced THAT SAME DAY with a gel manicure-OH. THE HORROR) when I wanted to look good for a trip to Vegas. After Do You Lilac It?, I tried Shocking Pink, and Think Merry! Pink Merry!, and my nails seem to be growing stronger. I never expected a nail polish would help with this!

I know at retail, these are expensive, but if you try one, you won't be sorry.

on 5/6/2013 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

yes i do like like it ;). This color is the right shade of sweet pastel light purple. If you are looking for a purple nail polish, this is the one. Looks really good on any complexion. This color is perfect for any season.
Like all the OPI nail polishes this one was smooth and hassle free to apply and the best thing is it does not chip for min of 4 days on my hand so yay! OPI creme are really lovely hand streak free so they are such a delight to apply<3. One more thing that i loved about O.P.I.Do you lilac it? is that it is opaque in just one coat, how amazing is that. I applied to coats and the finish was just brilliant and one more star for this because it dries really fast. One thing that i did notice that thisparticular nail polish did not have any kind of a glossy finish this was more subtle and not glossy too. The brush is wide so the application is quick and love the formula.

on 4/25/2013 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

OPI's "Do You Lilac It" has got to be one of my favourite polishes. It is the right shade of sweet pastel light purple (that's so trendy now) and it goes well with my medium-fair skin tone. It does not scream attention but I've received many compliments for this shade.

on 4/11/2013 11:43:00 PM

Loooove this polish. Looks like grape flavoured lolly on my nails hahah makes life all the sweeter~

Popular Polishes