April 21, 2014 | 1095 users online

Polishes - OPI - Do You Lilac It?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up a couple years back when I was going through the lilac/lavender trend and I was happy to see that it is yet another stand out polish formula from OPI. It is pretty opaque in just one coat and has a cream finish. The shade is pretty neutral-toned for a lilac which I wanted as I'm not personally into the blue-based shades. It can lean slightly blue in some lighting though but otherwise just a plain pastel purple. Wear time is a few days without chipping which I've found is standard for OPI's nail polishes.

Overall, if you're looking for a lilac polish than I would highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mlpolax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the perfect Spring purple! I'm a big sucker for pastels and purples and this drew me in when I saw it at Target. I could not believe how opaque this was in one coat. I still applied 2 coats because it's a personal rule of mine. This is a polish I strongly recommend to anyone who loves purple. This was so easy to work with and it's super shiny - even without a topcoat. Expensive but totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

This is so pretty I've never had a polish like this and the more opi I try the more I fall in love. It was a breeze to apply and I'm really not good when it comes to painting my nails. This dried quickly and evenly once I applied the essie good to go if smoothed out minor flaws and looked better. That to dried quickly and looks so shiny highly recommend these two wonderful brands :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a bunch of OPI polishes (eta: all newer green labels aka Big 3 Free) from a nice lady on Craigslist and this was the first one I put on. It's a gorgeous color, universally wearable, pretty much what everyone is saying. What I didn't expect was the quality. Now that I've tried the good stuff, I can't go back. I've worn Wet'N'Wild, Revlon, Sinful, China Glaze, and Essie, but this formula is so much nicer than those (the closest would be China Glaze). It's thin, but you can do multiple coats, it sets quickly (less than five mins to me is quick-though I'd let at least ten minutes go between coats), doesn't smudge, and (with a top coat) lasts forever! I didn't even realize how long I had had my lilac nails until I took them off and realized they had grown significantly. I'm a perennial nail biter, nail polish be damned, but the chip-free-ness of this polish had kept me at bay. In addition-warning-sad story-my nails have been tragically thin ever since a bad grooming decision last summer (fake nails with a french manicure for week, removed and replaced THAT SAME DAY with a gel manicure-OH. THE HORROR) when I wanted to look good for a trip to Vegas. After Do You Lilac It?, I tried Shocking Pink, and Think Merry! Pink Merry!, and my nails seem to be growing stronger. I never expected a nail polish would help with this!

I know at retail, these are expensive, but if you try one, you won't be sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by fiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

yes i do like like it ;). This color is the right shade of sweet pastel light purple. If you are looking for a purple nail polish, this is the one. Looks really good on any complexion. This color is perfect for any season.
Like all the OPI nail polishes this one was smooth and hassle free to apply and the best thing is it does not chip for min of 4 days on my hand so yay! OPI creme are really lovely hand streak free so they are such a delight to apply<3. One more thing that i loved about O.P.I.Do you lilac it? is that it is opaque in just one coat, how amazing is that. I applied to coats and the finish was just brilliant and one more star for this because it dries really fast. One thing that i did notice that thisparticular nail polish did not have any kind of a glossy finish this was more subtle and not glossy too. The brush is wide so the application is quick and love the formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by ellfabric

OPI's "Do You Lilac It" has got to be one of my favourite polishes. It is the right shade of sweet pastel light purple (that's so trendy now) and it goes well with my medium-fair skin tone. It does not scream attention but I've received many compliments for this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by fenggg

Loooove this polish. Looks like grape flavoured lolly on my nails hahah makes life all the sweeter~

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jamieleelu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

DYLI? is the perfect purple! It is not too dark, not too light, not too pastel, not too warm, not too cool. It's a perfect good for every skin-tone purple. Creamy opaque color in 2 easy coats, it also dries to a nice shiny finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by jadeymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite nail polish of all the ones I own! It was my first ever opi polish and still my favourite (I now have about 30). As others have said it goes on so smoothly and effortlessly. You could get away with one coat if you're really careful, but I prefer to do 2 :) with a bade coat and too coat it will last forever! This normally lasts on me for about a week before I start to get minimal tipwear. The colour is just gorgeous! The perfect light pastel purple. Perfect for spring, summer or even Easter time :) purple is my favourite colour nail polish to wear and I own more purple than any other colour, but I always go back to this one :) the only downside is the price, here in Australia it's 20 dollars a bottle. But you can always order online :) I paid top price for this baby but it was well worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by MalaanB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own over five hundred OPI nail polishes and I must admit this one makes it to my top five. OPI's I Lilac It just has a sweet soft quality about it without being a conformist nude color. It's hip, professional, girlie and is neutral enough to rock with nearly any afterwork outfit. It does take at least two coats but with a top coat it can last up to two weeks. It's just the stuff unicorns are made of :)